The New Raith Rovers Thread

Still a long way to go.

To be fair though the way things are going it could be over very soon.

That’s us 8 points clear. Raith have two games in hand but one is away at Stranraer which is an extremely hard away day and Raiths away record is awful and then at home to Albion who I think have the 2nd best away record in the league behind us.

In the 3 games I’ve seen Raith play in I’ve not been impressed. They’ve got 2 goal machines in Buchanan and Spence but can’t get them scoring so they’re relying on Vaughan to do everything and Smith is a truly terrible goalkeeper with a very inexperienced defence in front of him. Barry Smith also seems to be pretty clueless since he’s got the first choice goalie on the bench and he spunked most of the budget on the previously mentioned strikers without really improving anything else.

Unless we lose 2 or 3 players to long term injuries then I can’t see us not winning the title.

I highly doubt it'll happen, but John Sim really needs to decide if he'd prefer part time on an Astroturf dream, or to try for full time and a potential place in the Championship. Worth nothing that we were apparently going to sign Gazhalov from Dundee on loan on deadline day but it fell through due to having to add Graeme Smith to our squad. As soon as Lennox is back, then he needs to play. Our luck has been utterly rotten this season with injuries. I can't recall seeing any other team have so many players end up out for so long. 

37 minutes ago, rw89 said:

I highly doubt it'll happen, but John Sim really needs to decide if he'd prefer part time on an Astroturf dream, or to try for full time and a potential place in the Championship. Worth nothing that we were apparently going to sign Gazhalov from Dundee on loan on deadline day but it fell through due to having to add Graeme Smith to our squad. As soon as Lennox is back, then he needs to play. Our luck has been utterly rotten this season with injuries. I can't recall seeing any other team have so many players end up out for so long. 

Was that not the emergency loan that fell thru due to the surgery costs?

1 hour ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Still a long way to go.

yes there is a longish way to go but at the moment Ayr are scoring goals and winning games for fun

the last month or so we have been not much better than pish, though still winning games just, that can't carry on

if we don't get a serious grip pretty damn quick the league title will be gone and Ayr will saunter past the winning post

and we will,  hopefully, be in the playoffs which of course will be not much better than a nightmare

we need our injured players back and also find away to get the ball to Buchanan in the box because outside the box he is a bit of a nonentity

then he might score a goal or two or maybe even three     coyr