The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 hours ago, SuperHans said:

Yes I am. What's your problem?

When they stopped me from using the Raith Twitter account I thought that in between my SNP Councillor duties and helping run Dundee FC into the ground, I'd have a go at making sure all the Raith Rovers fans were 100% pissed off at me. One of the ways I've been doing this is defending the 'long ball' tactics that have been adopted by Barry Smith.

Hope this clears things up for you. Have a wonderful Tuesday.

Thanks for that. 

I recognised the same slavering style you have used previously.

Have a lovely Tuesday.

6 hours ago, Calayrdonia said:

I just keep thinking back to when I was walking out the Excelsior only 2 weeks ago, staring at my phone on the way back to the car and seeing it turn to full time with Arbroath 1 - Raith 1. I can’t believe where things are now.

You guys must be half in shock and half in disbelief that you’re actually going to the last home game of your season to watch your team lift the trophy. 

Just still can’t believe it.

On the way home from Arbroath the main topic of conversation was travel plans for the play offs and our certain failure in those play offs. It was done and dusted, we'd blown it.

After an initial wave of excitement on Sunday I now mainly feel fear. Before Sunday, we'd accepted the play offs, but now having been handed back the initiative out of nowhere, to blow it now is a terrifying thought. 

If we lose the league now I can't see how we could come back from that in the play offs.

40 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

If we lose the league now I can't see how we could come back from that in the play offs.

That’s exactly how we felt, I don’t think we have anything left, mentally or physically, to get through the play offs. We are literally bare bones and we couldn’t just make it over the line.

This isn’t mind games or psychology or whatever else when I say: Don’t worry, you will be fine on Saturday. THIS TIME, it’s done. 2 days on and I still can’t stop thinking about it. I can’t snap out of it. My head is a mess. 

Enjoy Saturday is all I can say.

41 minutes ago, Calayrdonia said:

That’s exactly how we felt, I don’t think we have anything left, mentally or physically, to get through the play offs. We are literally bare bones and we couldn’t just make it over the line.

This isn’t mind games or psychology or whatever else when I say: Don’t worry, you will be fine on Saturday. THIS TIME, it’s done. 2 days on and I still can’t stop thinking about it. I can’t snap out of it. My head is a mess. 

It's no where near done.

47 minutes ago, Calayrdonia said:

I can see where you are coming from but there is still plenty to play for. Even a draw for us will in all probability be enough for you. 

If Alloa score first we'll be in big trouble.

I’m almost over it but occasionally Moore’s penalty miss pops into my head and I get depressed all over again.

Its far from over. Anything can happen on saturday, All the the teams in this league have shown they can beat each other. Games against alloa have been tight all season, so we are taking nothing for granted.

My journey so far from the final whistle on Sunday
Incredulity - Elation - Optimism - Anticipation - Caution - Fear - Dread - Claustrophobic sense of impending doom
Isn’t Scottish football great. 

It’s already been a long week. Saturday can’t come quick enough. The Townie fans at work are desperate for us to fail. Don’t know why?!?!

17 hours ago, somerset_lad said:

I’m almost over it but occasionally Moore’s penalty miss pops into my head and I get depressed all over again.

You can console yourself by the way the penalty was given , the ref s decision was a shocker and justice was done !

8 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

My journey so far from the final whistle on Sunday

Incredulity - Elation - Optimism - Anticipation - Caution - Fear - Dread - Claustrophobic sense of impending doom

Isn’t Scottish football great. 

Yep, that's the same sequence I've been through, what's past Claustrophobic sense of impending doom? I think I'm there.