The New Raith Rovers Thread

There's something wooden about McGlynn - the same favoured players, the same old tactics, the same unwillingness to make timely subs. Its the same old mistakes over and over again. He's on the website video saying how well we played against Dundee and we were just a bit unlucky, almost a rerun of what he said last week after the Falkirk game. The truth is we were pish. The team needs drastic life saving surgery and he must be the only one who cant see it.

Edited by Big Berk

Surprised people are wanting him out to be honest. Probably stay-away fans who don't understand the situation.

dont see why you`d be surprised . its a results driven business and quite frankly hes not producing .crowds are plummeting due to the pish being served up on a saturday.

I am one who is not a stay away supporter , who has followed them for too many years that i care to remember who thinks his time is up i`m afraid .

Who can Raith Rovers possibly get who'll do better than John McGlynn? There's absolutely no money in the budget. He had to convince his players to take a wage cut last year after they finished 2nd in a league they should've struggled in!

This was always going to be a transitional season. I would go so far as to argue that even if we were relegated, it'd be better to keep John McGlynn on and let him bring us up again. McGlynn knows the club. He's proven time and time again that he can win games. There's a rough patch at the moment, and I'm not exactly enjoying it either, but he is the best man for the job.

Say he does get sacked, who do you replace him with? "Yogi Hughes and Jimmy Calderwood are both looking for work!" If either of them lower themselves to even turn up for an interview, they'll ask for the budget and laugh their way out of the ground.

It's fucking ridiculous. Get some perspective.

We were warned that things would likely be bad this year, with massive cuts to an already skimpy budget and a bare bones squad. We understand that and have lowered our expectations. What most folk cant get their heads around tho is why he clings so tenaciously to a losing formula on the pitch.

Theres hardly anyone who wants him fired, we just want him to waken up.

Edited by Big Berk

Who can Raith Rovers possibly get who'll do better than John McGlynn?

Kinda loaded question.You never know till that said person comes in.

There's absolutely no money in the budget.

f**k,we`ve never had money

This was always going to be a transitional season. I would go so far as to argue that even if we were relegated, it'd be better to keep John McGlynn on and let him bring us up again. McGlynn knows the club. He's proven time and time again that he can win games. There's a rough patch at the moment, and I'm not exactly enjoying it either, but he is the best man for the job.

Sorry but unless theres improvement McGlynn should see no longer than december if not before never mind the end of the season or god forbid if were relegated.This hes proven time and again he can win games,were going through a rough patch at the moment.This rough patch has been ongoing since Jan 2011 till just now,played 34 league games and won 12.Throw in getting horsed out of both the Ramsden cup and league cup early doors which has deprived the club of extra income it doesn`t make good reading.For a fair slice of last season what we were served was pish and that has continued into this season.

think is we did create chances on Sat, what gets me is that a player who only arrives the day before is given a game ahead of Thomson who has already proven he can do a job, what are we going to be doing to his confidence?

think is we did create chances on Sat, what gets me is that a player who only arrives the day before is given a game ahead of Thomson who has already proven he can do a job, what are we going to be doing to his confidence?

Sorry but thomson looks good and runs about but very little comes from his wayward final ball but the new guy for me slowed the game right down, we were all over them then he came on

Joe Hamill was shite

Not trying to be patronising in any way here but I think McGlynn and everyone at Raith Rovers including the fans are suffering from the fact that Raith wildly over achieved last season and because of Rovers not winning the league they've had to make dramatic cut-backs letting most of their better players go and they have been replaced by players of inferior quality.

There will be some naive people who would have been expecting the same as last season and I can understand how frustrating it is when a manager seems to have no plan B but realistically John McGlynn is the best person Raith Rovers could have to guide them through the situation they're in and although most Rovers supporters seem to be sensible and aware of this fact there's only one word I have for people who are callng for McGlynn's head: LUNACY.

Not trying to be patronising in any way here

You are,now butt out ;)

but I think McGlynn and everyone at Raith Rovers including the fans are suffering from the fact that Raith wildly over achieved last season and because of Rovers not winning the league they've had to make dramatic cut-backs letting most of their better players go and they have been replaced by players of inferior quality.

Name names?

We overachieved initially as we only won nine out of the last 22 games last season.

There will be some naive people who would have been expecting the same as last season

Not really but expecting a bit more than what we are getting at present.We have shown we are more than capable in some performances this season.

I can understand how frustrating it is when a manager seems to have no plan B but realistically John McGlynn is the best person Raith Rovers could have to guide them through the situation they're in

Elaborate

Not trying to be patronising in any way here but I think McGlynn and everyone at Raith Rovers including the fans are suffering from the fact that Raith wildly over achieved last season and because of Rovers not winning the league they've had to make dramatic cut-backs letting most of their better players go and they have been replaced by players of inferior quality.

There will be some naive people who would have been expecting the same as last season and I can understand how frustrating it is when a manager seems to have no plan B but realistically John McGlynn is the best person Raith Rovers could have to guide them through the situation they're in and although most Rovers supporters seem to be sensible and aware of this fact there's only one word I have for people who are callng for McGlynn's head: LUNACY.

For a pars fan..

Well said smile.gif

People seem to forget we over achieved last season,weve lost players money etc players taking a pay cut to stay at the club and yet Mcglynn seems to be getting all the stick for it,We'd be in the 2nd division if it wasnt for him,We would have some sort of income if the so called 'Supporter's' turned up week in week out,Wow we are going through a bad spell and so far having a shite season so does that mean you will all stay away from stark's park till things get better?

Stop you're fucking whinging and get behind the Team and Manager.

If no then f**k off to watch Cowdenbeath or East Fife in the 2nd,Or maybe you closet Rangers-Celtic fans can save up for the bus fair to glasgow.

If by trying to steer us out of this you mean playing the same players every week then yes, he is the best man for the job.

I chose to ignore his comments in the FFP a couple of weeks ago, in which he stated that he was finding it hard to motivate his players given there was no competition for places. As the last couple of weeks have went by, it's pretty obvious he doesn't trust the players he puts on the substitutes bench to go out and do a job for us. Quite frankly, those comments were out of order, and have probably done nothing except further pissed off those who can't get a game ahead of players who are letting us down each week.

I'm also becoming tired of his post match 'we were unlucky' comments. All I can hear when reading/hearing those are echos of Dalziel and his infamous 'rub of the green' nonsense.

It's no wonder people are frustrated. Bad result after bad result, yet the same players continue to play. Half of our points tally was picked up in the opening two fixtures; henceforth, we've taken 6/30. It's fair to say the fans would be somewhat less irritated if there was an attempt to reverse the decline, but to see the same thing week in, week out smacks of little more than McGlynn having a one track mind. We've known for some time that we're one dimensional (rigid 4-4-2, lacking in width, poor support from midfield) but something has to be at least given a shot to try and change things.

As I said earlier, I'm not calling for his head. However, my confidence in him turning things around is draining by the week. We cannot continue with the same failing formula every week. It's a bit like attempting to fix a car exhaust with a hammer, and continuing to whack it when the thing has fallen off and is dented beyond belief - the situation is crying out for different tools, yet the one person who matters cannot see it*.

The next two matches are huge for us: at home to Ayr and Hamilton. Should we pick up zero points or even just one point from these two games, I think you'll start to see the tide of opinion beginning to turn quite significantly.

*Metaphorical only - I'm not saying our players are tools.

Stop you're fucking whinging and get behind the Team and Manager.

If no then f**k off to watch Cowdenbeath or East Fife in the 2nd,Or maybe you closet Rangers-Celtic fans can save up for the bus fair to glasgow.

Unhelpful, and exactly the kind of attitude that gets people's backs up.

Unhelpful? about time someone speaks the truth,Are they real fans or pretend one's?

My opinion is they are Pretend one's.

It's very unhelpful, yes. Do you think people take kindly to being cast as some sort of inferior fan for expressing negative opinions about the management? That's elitest, self-proclaiming Super Fan nonsense at it's best.

It's a major bug-bear of mine when negative comments about the club, players or management are met with 'well don't come back then' from other fans on forums. The board, management and players are not infallible, and choosing not to criticise them does not make someone a better fan. Likwewise, doing so does not suddenly make someone a pretend fan.

If the club had come out with such a statement, I would immediately stop attending matches. I would see it as complete and utter contempt from the club towards it's customers, and that's unacceptable. Luckily in my case I'm a season ticket holder, so the club would have nothing to lose.

This is the place for fans to express their opinions, whatever they are. The criticism of McGlynn so far has been justified, the problems with tactics and team selection are there for all to see. If we werent 'real fans' we wouldnt give a hoot, but its real fans who feel the frustration.

Unhelpful? about time someone speaks the truth,Are they real fans or pretend one's?

My opinion is they are Pretend one's.

I spoke the truth and I`m a supporter of over 40 years .Does that make me a real supporter?

Edited by Rovers_Lad

Cant believe how short a memory people have!

McGlynn has been brilliant for the Rovers he has brought promotion from the second followed by a great cup run and then coming within a few games of being in the SPL last season which is amazing considering where we were 3 or 4 years ago.

I feel the critisism has been shocking! Yes we are in a negative position but did anyone genually feel Rovers would be in the top 4 this season?! I would have been happy with avoiding relegation considering the financial situation at the club which has resulted in a small squad. Which means he has to pick virtually the same team every week even if certain players play poor.

People are calling for his name yet we cant afford to sack him and yet he has still managed to pull a decent side together with a shoe string budget who are good away but just need a few positive results at home to kick start our season.

Rovers fans are complaining about prices and mcglynn... well dont go to the football and have such a negative impact on the players and get behind the team because they will get no where with fannys saying they are getting robbed of there money and should go watch thorton hibs etc well go its fucking pathetic.

I feel many Rovers fans have had too high expectations for this season due to previous and need to look at our situation compared to other teams in the league.We arent even half way through the season or have been beaten comfortably in the league ( wasnt at Ayr Away) so we cant be too far off.

Rant over

In football you are only as good as your last game, Raith Rovers were unfortunately not very good in there last game,