The New Raith Rovers Thread

I feel faint. Excellent moves on both fronts from the board - unfortunately I fear the Kirkcaldy public won't repay them. However, both excellent ideas, credit where it's due and fingers crossed we do indeed break 2000 in the next couple of home games.

A thread on the web site and a wee bit in the FFP may not be good enough to get the message out.

There has to be posters and a public presence to promote this in Kirkcaldy and the surrounding towns, otherwise the gesture will be for naught.

I feel faint. Excellent moves on both fronts from the board - unfortunately I fear the Kirkcaldy public won't repay them. However, both excellent ideas, credit where it's due and fingers crossed we do indeed break 2000 in the next couple of home games.

You're probably right, but I hope a few people buy the 4 tickets for £50 deal for Christmas presents. If the club advertise this in the press then hopefully that'll happen. I'll definitely get someone to buy me it for Christmas, rather than the usual shite that I don't want or need. If it hadn't been for that I'd have probably only taken in the Dundee game and possibly the Falkirk game.

Fair play to the board for doing something positive. We're likely to take a financial hit on this, but it seems that the board are actually listening to the fans. I'm referring mostly here to a poll on FanTalk which asked what supporters thought would be a fair admission price.

The members club is a good idea too. Not best pleased at the disparity between the Silver and Gold memberships, mind, but I think it's a good idea. I know the silver is aimed at younger fans, but it's a cracking deal for them - £50 gets them a replica top and all the other benefits. Then again, maybe the markets see Raith Rovers as a safe investment in these times of uncertainty, and our share price is fucking booming. That is then reflected in the increase to the gold price.

Edited by Michael W

well done ,the raith board, i just hope the raith fans across fife take advantage of it , the board are doing their bit its up to us, the supporters, to come to as many games as possible , as a pensioner its certainly helped me out , will be there at every game now ,SO COME OUT AND SUPPORT YOUR TEAM

I think we should get a petition going, BRING BACK THE FEZ. please :) The wee man was brilliant, although he had no pace he has great ability with the ball at his feet. And he could strike a ball.

To be fair, I'd be disillusioned with football if I was the only player suitable for the left wing, and the manager went and chose a central midfielder to play on the wing ahead of me for the club's biggest game in nearly 20 years. Ferry was a good player at the start of the season and only got one chance after at the second game at Stirling away, where he was poor.

I think he's quit football, probably for the reason rw89 outlined above.

Certainly a player who should have featured more than he did, particularly in his last season here. I can imagine Danny Thomson is similarly pissed off just now.

I do feel for Thomson. It might be that we don't have the experience like we do in the form of Ellis and Murray in defence which has been so beneficial to Donaldson, but Thomson is a cracking midfielder who deserves a chance which he isn't getting. As I said yesterday, he'd have more chance of getting a game back at Tynecastle due to McGlynn's unwillingness to use his substitutes.

I bet he is, he is talented. So why bench him? It just boggles the mind.

He's not one of the 'chosen few'.

McGlynn has always been bad for favouritism. It was overlooked to an extent last season when we were winning, but when we're not it's one of the first things that people start to pick up on.

It's bewildering that the same players continue to start.

He's not one of the 'chosen few'.

McGlynn has always been bad for favouritism. It was overlooked to an extent last season when we were winning, but when we're not it's one of the first things that people start to pick up on.

It's bewildering that the same players continue to start.

Its a shame tbh, i thought talent and heart were supposed to be the factors. I've been in a similar situation as a Kinghorn St Leonards player, it was always a pals first team, LDLLD it was always the same team. A wee message to McGlynn, leave you're pals on the bench for a change.

This is mcglynn's massive downfall i don't know if he is stubborn or he is too closely involved to see the situation clearly. he has worked wonders with us bit now we are steuggling the situation is going to be more deeply scrutinised