The New Raith Rovers Thread

Not trying to be patronising in any way here but I think McGlynn and everyone at Raith Rovers including the fans are suffering from the fact that Raith wildly over achieved last season and because of Rovers not winning the league they've had to make dramatic cut-backs letting most of their better players go and they have been replaced by players of inferior quality.

There will be some naive people who would have been expecting the same as last season and I can understand how frustrating it is when a manager seems to have no plan B but realistically John McGlynn is the best person Raith Rovers could have to guide them through the situation they're in and although most Rovers supporters seem to be sensible and aware of this fact there's only one word I have for people who are callng for McGlynn's head: LUNACY.

I don't want him sacked. However, the football we're watching is fucking awful. It was fucking awful for a lot of last season too but he got away with that because we were getting results and challenging for the league. Now we're fucking awful to watch without the good results.

Personally, I don't want promotion. I would be happy for us to remain a 1st Division team for a few season, hopefully with the odd cup run chucked in. What is imperative though, is that the football on display is worth watching. If it's not, then the fans stay away and the club gets into financial difficulties again.

In football you are only as good as your last game, Raith Rovers were unfortunately not very good in there last game,

I know it isn't the point you are making, but against Dundee we actually made some improvement though we failed to carve out any major goal scoring opportunities but one. The fact is, that Dundee took their chance, and we didn't take ours. We can take a few positives out of that game. We can make a few improvements too. At full time, nobody faulted the effort of the squad. The blame was being pinned on John McGlynn who failed to make any substitutes and try to take the 3 points when we never looked like scoring. Nobody was calling for McGlynn's head as far as I know.

I spoke the truth and I`m a supporter of over 40 years. Does that make me a real supporter?

Rovers_Lad, aye?! :P

Let's stop all of this real fan, not a real fan pish. The fact of the matter is that every single person who contributes to the Rovers financially is vital.

We're all equal in that we all love our club and only want to see the best for it. Some folk are negative about the situation and some folk tend to veer towards positivity whatever is happening. Such is life.

I've probably seen more bad than good in the 26 years I've followed the club but I feel that memories of the bad only serve to make the good times that little bit more special.

Let's stop all of this real fan, not a real fan pish. The fact of the matter is that every single person who contributes to the Rovers financially is vital.

We're all equal in that we all love our club and only want to see the best for it. Some folk are negative about the situation and some folk tend to veer towards positivity whatever is happening. Such is life.

I've probably seen more bad than good in the 26 years I've followed the club but I feel that memories of the bad only serve to make the good times that little bit more special.

^^^ Nail, head, hit!

You must have started watching Rovers same time as me Andy, 85-86ish??

Who can Raith Rovers possibly get who'll do better than John McGlynn? There's absolutely no money in the budget. He had to convince his players to take a wage cut last year after they finished 2nd in a league they should've struggled in!

This was always going to be a transitional season. I would go so far as to argue that even if we were relegated, it'd be better to keep John McGlynn on and let him bring us up again. McGlynn knows the club. He's proven time and time again that he can win games. There's a rough patch at the moment, and I'm not exactly enjoying it either, but he is the best man for the job.

Say he does get sacked, who do you replace him with? "Yogi Hughes and Jimmy Calderwood are both looking for work!" If either of them lower themselves to even turn up for an interview, they'll ask for the budget and laugh their way out of the ground.

It's fucking ridiculous. Get some perspective.

Yeah, good post. No real complaints, theoretically if we are relegated I'd be happy enough to give McGlynn the chance to bring us back up. However our current form can't continue. I'm far from calling for his head but as I said in my previous post, we've got three from four at home coming up and if we don't win any we'll have won once in fifteen - that's getting to a stage where, no matter who you are, unfortunately questions need to be asked. Relegation/a relegation battle isn't the problem per se, it's the manner of it.

People calling for mcglynn's head is bad news

I agree. Not the kind of vibe we need right now. C'est la vie.

Edited by Paco

Is McGlynn's contract up at the end of this season?

I can't help wondering if he might end up walking away from it all anyway. If things keep going the way they are he may decide the best chance of salvaging his managerial reputation would be to jump before he ends up getting pushed further down the line.

Personally I agree getting rid of him would be a huge, huge risk. I've no doubt there are potential managers out there who could galvanise us so that we kick on and establish ourselves in division 1, but there are probably a lot more who would have us stumbling around the foot of division 2 in no time at all.

I just hope that he tries something different soon. Whether that's shaking up the starting eleven, bringing on subs before we go a goal down, trying out a 4-3-3, 3-5-2 or whatever. I'm sure we would all be a bit more lenient if he at least seemed to be trying to do something about our form.

I just hope that he tries something different soon. Whether that's shaking up the starting eleven, bringing on subs before we go a goal down, trying out a 4-3-3, 3-5-2 or whatever. I'm sure we would all be a bit more lenient if he at least seemed to be trying to do something about our form.

Yep, I think that's the crux of the issue. Same line-up, same subs, same results almost every week. It's easy to understand why people are so frustrated. By all accounts we were a bit improved at Dundee using that formula, but so what? Dundee are shite and they've beaten us twice, including once with ten men. He needs to try something a little different, especially at home. If he hadn't stumbled upon the 4-3-3 in the Second there's every chance he'd have failed to take us up that year and been punted as a result - no Cup run, no SPL challenge, no manager of the year. Our biggest strength that season was the change in formations/personnel throughout - you can't play the same team four times in a season and expect the same tactic to work on every occasion. That kind of problem is even worse in this league with just the one team coming down and the same players generally being recycled from team to team. McGlynn must see that, especially given our second half of the season last time round.

Obviously there's no guarantee trying something new out will work, but it's pretty clear the tried and tested isn't working at the moment. May as well try something out - we've nothing to lose.

Unhelpful? about time someone speaks the truth,Are they real fans or pretend one's?

My opinion is they are Pretend one's.

I'm based in England, i've only seen 5 games this season, and i only caught 12 the season before. Does that make me a pretend fan, every defeat hurts me deeply as it does everyone else. You're not speaking the truth, you're attempting to WUM fans of a team you allegedly support. And stop trying to WUM other fans with utter shite patter, ta muchly.

:lol:

Surprisingly No

I know,my posts was absent of emoticons

This Saturday looking for a change of formation from McGlynn

I think he should give a 2-3-5 system a bash

Didn't do Uruguay any harm in the first World Cup.

I'd like to see a 4-3-3 attempted again as McGlynn's version when we won the league was a constant threat.

Not adverse to a 4-3-3 ,or seeing how its getting to that time of year what about the even the christmas tree formation .I think its the teams/clubs responsibility to at least try and entertain the home support.Sadly though I think there will be little change to team or formation.

Edited by Rovers_Lad

I'll be hitting the 36 year mark next summer, I'm catching Rovers Lad :lol:

Just thought id post and thank the lasr few posters for making me feel young again :lol:

On a serious note lads a week Sat is the first Rally Round The Rovers event. Hosting a Fifa 12 tournament for 48 players in Styx with the winner taking home an official champions league football - we ran out of speed boats

This is a free weekend due to our bye in the cup so no reason why this shouldnt be a good day. I understand people are fedup but the cost of playing is less than half the cost of a Rovers ticket and i promise lots of goals!

Now if we are to make this event and others successful we need support and more importantly people particpating on the day. Myself and Stellios will probably have a few tickets at the game on Sat but please if you want to play get your tickets before the event

Edited by P.C

On a different note to the 'we are shite' agenda I've been pushing lately, I see we have sold another one of our young players, this time to Celtic - linkage. Imagine selling an 11 year old, surely that's slavery? :o

BoyForSale1.jpg

It's nice we'll get a couple of grand out of it, but it does make you wonder what the point is if we're just going to see all our better prospects move on.

It's nice we'll get a couple of grand out of it, but it does make you wonder what the point is if we're just going to see all our better prospects move on.

I don't think it's that we are willingly letting them go, Michael. I think it's a case of the young players being propositioned by teams and said teams having to compensate us for our input into their development.

Could be mistaken though.

We'll get some compensation! Hurrah! Money! :D

Talking about youth players, not really been raised much on here but Colin Wilson had a good game (well, better than the dross served up by some others) on Saturday. Hopefully if he manages to continue on as he did then he'll be a decent player.