The New Raith Rovers Thread

You guys still doing the Decembeard stuff?

I'm going to start pushing Decembeard very soon. I was speaking to Allan Crow of the FFP and he was interested in advertising it and maybe even doing it himself.

Still waiting to hear if the players are going to be involved in this or not.

McGlynn must have seen something in McBride to sign him for a couple of seasons, or maybe he imagined he did and its too late to do anything about it. Whatever, he's clearly a waste of a wage if he isnt going to get a game. He reminds me a bit of Fairbairn, signed from neighbours with a good record but who never made it here.

Two years seems to be the default contract we offer newbies these days. Certainly McGlynn will have thought he was worth it though. Jury is still very much out. He had a couple of good games last season, including a very good second half in the New Year derby, but ultimately he's been here over a year and has contributed very little. Hasn't even scored a goal. I don't think being continually injured has helped, in fairness, but at this moment in time there's no doubt he'll be punted ASAP.

Just wanted to say on this thread, on this fine saturday morning that LIVING IN THE SOUTH OF ENGLAND IS DOING MA FUCKING HEID IN

I know some guys have commented on the state of Rovers form lately making them apathetic, but I tell you, I'd take any Rovers right now, bad or no - I just miss going to the games. I suppose I could go a game down here, but what's the point in spending gate money when I won't watch the game, I'll be too wrapped up in the text updates from TFS.

Saturdays are fucking ruined by living down here the now.

Anyway, mon the Rovers.

Best thing we can do is let wee Bairdy go in the new year window, he's suffering in a team of no hopers. Have i went too far, no i don't think so.

So we should just let our best player leave with half a season to go and lose our most potent goal threat in the process?!

Who would we replace Baird with? Is this player going to miraculously turn his supposed no hope team-mates into players that Europe's elite will be scouting every week?

Too far?! Just a wee bit.

So we should just let our best player leave with half a season to go and lose our most potent goal threat in the process?!

He's only as potent as the service he receives, we can't afford to replace him. We're on a downward spiral mate, and it doesn't seem fair to let the boy stagnate in a team where relegation is inevitable, its what the board want after all.

Best thing we can do is let wee Bairdy go in the new year window, he's suffering in a team of no hopers. Have i went too far, no i don't think so. Indeed I have, sorry

Fixed that for you huh.gif

This league is too close from top to bottom to say where any team will be until well after christmas / new year. Letting go of your best asset stinks of defeatism and has no place in any self respecting football club.

Fixed that for you huh.gif

This league is too close from top to bottom to say where any team will be until well after christmas / new year. Letting go of your best asset stinks of defeatism and has no place in any self respecting football club.

Aye mate, stick your head in the sand. I have seen us 5 times now, and i have seen nothing to suggest that we're remotely trying. At home especially. Getting pumped by QoS was the worst i have witnessed since the A****a pish. I blame the board for the utter negativity at the club i've supported for more than 35 years