The New Raith Rovers Thread

Although Kirkcaldy is bigger than Dunfermline I think Dunfermline has a bigger catchment. Even if Glenrothes had a big football loving public (which I doubt) along with Burntisland it doesnt compare with the combined populations of Inverkeithing/Rosyth, Dalgety Bay, Oakley, Valleyfield, Kelty, and probably a lot of Cowdenbeath/Lochgelly. Its no contest.

As far as Rovers catchment area compared to Dunfermlines is concerned Dunfermline can draw fans from 4 sides whereas Rovers have only 3, the population to the east of Kirkcaldy are all fish and I've not seen many fish at Starks Park although I have been gutted a few times :lol:

As far as Rovers catchment area compared to Dunfermlines is concerned Dunfermline can draw fans from 4 sides whereas Rovers have only 3, the population to the east of Kirkcaldy are all fish and I've not seen many fish at Starks Park although I have been gutted a few times :lol:

I'm going to give you a greenie for that sentence alone.

Sorry, but that's a shite attitude to take. Even if they have to go part time to survive would you stop supporting the club?

No it wouldn't in fact we should never have gone full time, we couldn't afford to do it on similar gates 20 years ago, and suddenly we do it year in year out since. Then wallop we are deep in the shit, lets go part time, why not stay part time and hammer the debt.

Unfortunately thats not how football directors operate.

I can totally see where SB is coming from, and am coming round to his way of thinking, and I know I am not alone. Why should fans continually bail poor boardroom decisions year on year, FFS if was what 5, 6 years since the club was 'partially' reclaimed.

Finally why was TH in the FFP providing a rallying call (of sorts) when there was no game this weekend ?

And Jofus, has Dysart moved ?

Edited by Whistle Blower

Although Kirkcaldy is bigger than Dunfermline I think Dunfermline has a bigger catchment. Even if Glenrothes had a big football loving public (which I doubt) along with Burntisland it doesnt compare with the combined populations of Inverkeithing/Rosyth, Dalgety Bay, Oakley, Valleyfield, Kelty, and probably a lot of Cowdenbeath/Lochgelly. Its no contest.

Now living in Kelty I can confirm there is f**k all in the way of Dunfermline fans, loads of old firms though.

I get your point though :P

Kirkcaldy/Glenrothes/Burntisland , like every other town in Scotland , is full of pathetic part-time OF fans with empty lives , most of whom have probably never been near Ibrox and Parkhead . The best we can hope for with this sad lot is that they 'adopt' the local side as their second team and come along two or three times a season. We'll never convert them. Our PR over the summer was pretty crap too: hardly designed to entice fans to Stark's in their droves.

There may be a latent Rovers support who aren't coming along just now , but I imagine it's relatively small . Another problem just now for us is the return of top-flight ice hockey at the Flyers . I don't think people have the money for both just now, and maybe the hockey's got novelty value at the mo .

Do we actually try and get more of a foothold in Glenrothes , or are our efforts to reach out to the community largely restricted to Kirkcaldy?

Kirkcaldy/Glenrothes/Burntisland , like every other town in Scotland , is full of pathetic part-time OF fans with empty lives , most of whom have probably never been near Ibrox and Parkhead . The best we can hope for with this sad lot is that they 'adopt' the local side as their second team and come along two or three times a season. We'll never convert them. Our PR over the summer was pretty crap too: hardly designed to entice fans to Stark's in their droves.

There may be a latent Rovers support who aren't coming along just now , but I imagine it's relatively small . Another problem just now for us is the return of top-flight ice hockey at the Flyers . I don't think people have the money for both just now, and maybe the hockey's got novelty value at the mo .

Do we actually try and get more of a foothold in Glenrothes , or are our efforts to reach out to the community largely restricted to Kirkcaldy?

As a resident of Glenrothes I can assure you that unless you had prior knowledge, you would have no idea that Fife had any league sides.

We missed a great chance to build a new stadium up at the regional road fine and handy for Glenrothes. But we put the cash into the three new stands, one of which is now out of use. I cant see us getting another chance like that - short sighted or what...

Or maybe somebody knows that this was ruled out for a reason?

Edited by Big Berk

It's hard not to criticise when the Pars can knock out a statement like this whereas we've got a 9-point statement that amounts to little more than "Be awesome to one another".

Ours is basically what we "should be doing" which begs the question if we havent been adhering to this already what the feck have we been doing

The Pars one gives alot more details with figures and facts and where they need investment etc this is what we need from the Rovers as well

In a town that can't support a fucking Macdonalds what chance has shite value for money football got

:lol:

I'm astonished that the High Street McDonalds is shutting down, it's always pretty busy whenever I walk past. I wonder if they blame the customers too?

:lol:

I'm astonished that the High Street McDonalds is shutting down, it's always pretty busy whenever I walk past. I wonder if they blame the customers too?

Is Kirkcaldy getting healthy or are we just too poor to afford Micky Ds?

Is Kirkcaldy getting healthy or are we just too poor to afford Micky Ds?

We prefer getting one with our ASDA, or else travelling to the retail park for one - http://www.fifetoday.co.uk/news/local-headlines/dunfermline-and-west-fife/big_mac_to_go_1_1906220

However, 'current economic climate' is mentioned, so maybe we're all a bit poor as well.