The New Raith Rovers Thread

So 28 games for one to gain. What about Airdrie, Falkirk, Montrose, East Fife and Stranraer? Voiding it is fairer as the season will not be completed and you can’t just hand prizes (and relegation) out. It’s not how football works. But, as I’ve said, I get we need to do something.
It’ll be interested to see the reactions though if there is a no vote.

I agree that calling as-is is not fair.

But how is voiding it more fair?

In one scenario two teams are rewarded/punished for being better or worse than the other teams over 78% of the season.
8 teams effectively get nothing for their efforts over 78% of the season.

In the other scenario nobody is rewarded or punished. All ten teams get nothing for completing 78% of the season, irrespective of how well they did.
Genuinely still can’t comprehend how people think that’s a better outcome.

3 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Falkirk have managed to gain 3 points on Raith Rovers since their management team took over almost 5 months ago, which included 2 head to head games. Not exactly being reeled in. 

That is correct, however the trend of current form would suggest Falkirk may have passed Raith, Maybe Airdrie would have passed us both, but then again maybe not. You can play about with numbers and stats all you want, but if the season didn’t finish nobody knows what would have happened.

For what it’s worth I think tomorrow’s vote won’t go through, but something will once they sweeten Hearts Partick Falkirk Stranraer.

22DB53A9-AB3E-447C-9DAD-6B1B24DECEC3.png

That is correct, however the trend of current form would suggest Falkirk may have passed Raith, Maybe Airdrie would have passed us both, but then again maybe not. You can play about with numbers and stats all you want, but if the season didn’t finish nobody knows what would have happened.
For what it’s worth I think tomorrow’s vote won’t go through, but something will once they sweeten Hearts Partick Falkirk Stranraer.
22DB53A9-AB3E-447C-9DAD-6B1B24DECEC3.thumb.png.991a6b3ad1ef9e1ab5b1c432e53438a4.png
So we play the remaining games in December where current form counts for absolutely nothing? We void a league that's 75% complete all for the 25% of games left unplayed? Or we acknowledge the 75% already completed under fair circumstances and end the season allowing clubs to best prepare for next season, whenever that may start. I'd be saying the same if we were facing relegation aswell. It's the most logical of a bad situation imo.

The way fans are going on you would think its the Rovers thats drawn up this proposal. What would your thoughts be if Airdrie were tops na sorry we dont wont to go because its no fair on Falkirk? For what its worth my only preference is for league reconstruction because yes it is unfair on other teams

Slightly unfair? You’re being gifted something. I wonder what your thoughts would be if Falkirk were top.
Having said that, it needs to be drawn to a close and if we’re not going to void it (which for me would be fairer across the piece - the season will not finish so why hand stuff out) then we’ll all just need to get on with it.
Trying to dress it up as anything other than a gift (given you’re one point clear, have to go to their place still and haven’t beat them in the league all season) is wrong though.

Stranraer are approx 30 odd points behind the Rovers yet you are calling for the season to be voided get a grip

So 28 games for one to gain. What about Airdrie, Falkirk, Montrose, East Fife and Stranraer? Voiding it is fairer as the season will not be completed and you can’t just hand prizes (and relegation) out. It’s not how football works. But, as I’ve said, I get we need to do something.
It’ll be interested to see the reactions though if there is a no vote.

2 hours ago, Airdrie76 said:

Honking. Accept against Raith then. My point isn’t they will win the league, my point is that it is grossly unfair to gift the league title when it is so close. I’m not even saying we shouldn’t accept that though if that’s the decision voted through, but this false premise that Raith are somehow odds on to win the league and that it wouldn’t be an unfair decision is wrong. One point is the difference! They have the much better goal difference going into the last 8 and you have to play them away. If the league was somehow to continue those are the points that would matter, not how had been top most weeks. To ignore that in this argument is strange.

We would win the league since we have Steven Anderson and Robbie Thompson back. Plus if you lot want to finish the league it will likely be around August time. Vaughan will be fit and we will rip the arse out of Falkirk at their own ground. So let’s be reasonable we should be given the title. 😁

This season is done either way, the league has just been suspended until June now. We either come to a decision how it is dealt with or we f**k up this season and next trying to play 8  remaining games.

The schedule is already tight for next year with the euros pushed back as well. 

27 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

In another post thought your chairman was a decent, honest on the level guy. His interview with Sky shows how wrong one can be, if he told the truth that he was looking after his club end of. What a lot of absolute shite, about the clubs needing money, yes every club does but don’t patronise other clubs when it’s obvious your just anther w****r chasing the next pound. Sporting interest/integrity my fckn ares 

No doubt self interest is a component of this. I'd like to think it isn't the only component, but who knows. Each club must make its own judgement on this according to their priorities.

However, let's not for one nano second presume that Falkirk wouldnt be doing the same thing were the positions reversed. 

1 minute ago, basher brash said:

If anyone is interested one of our club legends is having a dig on twitter regarding our chairmans comments. Conor Brennanemoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

Makes sense, he couldn't catch a cold, let alone Covid-19 so probably wondering what all the fuss is about.

2 minutes ago, tazz1903 said:

Any club who gains promotion with  this is just cheating .  The whole season takes many twists and turns , as well we all know . DESPERATION 🤮

Edjit.

This is not the American Presidential election, there is no Russian interference.

The way fans are going on you would think its the Rovers thats drawn up this proposal. What would your thoughts be if Airdrie were tops na sorry we dont wont to go because its no fair on Falkirk? For what its worth my only preference is for league reconstruction because yes it is unfair on other teams

I’d likely accept it (not as if anyone has a say in this after all so I wouldn’t have a choice). But I wouldn’t make out that it’s a fair outcome. Which was/is my point. My first post was in response to someone who said it’d be a “little unfair” and we had another claiming if Raith didn’t go on and win then they would have “bottled” it. Anyone with any sense of fairness and an ability to read the league table and remaining fixtures knows that’s crap. It is what it is, I’m sure you’ll go up, there may be no other way to do it (the league don’t seem to have any interested in reconstruction sadly) but let’s be honest about it.

I’d likely accept it (not as if anyone has a say in this after all so I wouldn’t have a choice). But I wouldn’t make out that it’s a fair outcome. Which was/is my point. My first post was in response to someone who said it’d be a “little unfair” and we had another claiming if Raith didn’t go on and win then they would have “bottled” it. Anyone with any sense of fairness and an ability to read the league table and remaining fixtures knows that’s crap. It is what it is, I’m sure you’ll go up, there may be no other way to do it (the league don’t seem to have any interested in reconstruction sadly) but let’s be honest about it.
I'm stuck in the house with a 2 year old who wants to watch a variation of the lion King, the lion king 2 and the lion gaurd. I don't really think it would be a bottle job, I was just pleased to have discussion...