The New Raith Rovers Thread

Well, a 3rd place finish in the Championship after coming up from League 1. Best finish for 10 years. Not to be sniffed at.
Played some fantastic football on the way as well. Successful first season back in the championship regardless of what happens now.If we go up fantastic, if not still a good season. What will be interesting is how do we replace certain players depending on where we end up.

Still 6 games to go hopefully so let's not be too negative tonight. A poor week doesn't take away from a good season.

4 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Also, McGlynn knows. He’s signed Berra (aye, I know, but that St Johnstone boy, Anderson was supposedly done too) and the boy from Clyde. He must think they’re the answer. One more?

We've already got McKay and Benedictus playing there too. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Davo gets an extension too for no obvious reason. 

6 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

We've already got McKay and Benedictus playing there too. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Davo gets an extension too for no obvious reason. 

Wouldn’t surprise me either but Shirley even McGlynn is getting pissed off with all the red cards.

9 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

McKay, Bene, Berra and Lang for next year, launch Davo and find a new young CB to develop, someone like Musonda...ideally, exactly like Musonda, as in re-sign him!

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

McKay, Bene, Berra and Lang for next year, launch Davo and find a new young CB to develop, someone like Musonda...ideally, exactly like Musonda, as in re-sign him!

f**k me sideways, you don't want to keep Nando?

2 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

f**k me sideways, you don't want to keep Nando?

If we have McKay, Bene, Berra, Lang and Musonda, I don't see a spot for him. If Frankie leaves, Mendy would be a possible fifth CB, but I'd like to have seen him played more this spring to see if it's rust or pure lack of ability. He's cetainly capable at League One or Two level, and probably in the lower half of the Championship, but thats no longer our goal. Now, if we talk about converting Nando from CB, I'm all ears and willing to listen...but his day is probably done here. If Kelty make League Two, hes a stick-on for them.

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

pure lack of ability

Let me stop you there.

I have nothing against the lad, he took a leap of faith (as did John) but it was obvious from the start that it wasn't to be.

To give the guy a two year contract has to be put down as a blunder.

Just now, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Let me stop you there.

I have nothing against the lad, he took a leap of faith (as did John) but it was obvious from the start that it wasn't to be.

To give the guy a two year contract has to be put down as a blunder.

Agree the contract was a failure. But without those reaches, we don’t get Musonda, Duku and Ugwu...and, let’s face it, those paid off. A question, would JMcG have perhaps offered Musonda two years if Mendy hadn’t flopped so badly?

1 hour ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Perhaps John realised he got burned and wasn't prepared to take that chance?

Exactly, and that’s potentially hurt us even more, unfortunately. I suspect, at the level we wish to achieve, you have to reach and risk.

Don’t buy that Mendy is definitely good enough for league 1, or even league 2 to be honest. Not sure what that’s based on. He had 6 months playing for a marauding Kelty side who barely did a lick of defending and has spent every waking minute on the pitch for us looking woefully out of his depth. It’s just something you’ve made up in your head, Tx.

9 hours ago, TxRover said:

Agree the contract was a failure. But without those reaches, we don’t get Musonda, Duku and Ugwu...and, let’s face it, those paid off. A question, would JMcG have perhaps offered Musonda two years if Mendy hadn’t flopped so badly?

Duku and Ugwu haven't been abject failures, and the 8 league goals between them are welcome but I would take issue with the idea they "paid off"

Really, only Musonda has looked the part of the guys we brought up from England.

Well folks, 3rd in the league after promotion, and playing the sexiest football in the league - it’s been a great season regardless of what’s on the horizon in the weeks to come.