The New Raith Rovers Thread

You get anything earlier than 1998 Dan? A memorable game I remember was in 1997/98 season when we came from 2-0 down to defeat St. Mirren at Love Street. Lee Dair, Paul Hartley and Danny Lennon all scoring! Great game!

Glad folk are enjoying seeing these again, there's much more to come.

This was the week after the Airdrie game, we went 1 goal better and thrashed Ayr 5-1 at Starks Park.

Marvin Andrews, Steve Tosh, Didier Agathe, Craig Dargo, Alex Burns and.... Andy Clark!

I've got the complete league cup final on tape somewhere, haven't watched that in a long time.

I don't because it cut out halfway through extra time and there were no mobiles in those day to tell the wife to hit record again!!!!

I don't because it cut out halfway through extra time and there were no mobiles in those day to tell the wife to hit record again!!!!

How posh was our bus.

We phoned our drinks order to the pub whilst passing through Dalgety Bay, the celebration drinks were waiting for us at the pub.

P.S. I used a 180 tape and recorded the whole game.

*I'll stop being smug now*

Simply a case of sitting my phone on a wee desk in front of the TV, recording the video and then editing the file a wee bit on the computer. Tedious yes, but it'll be worth it as the VHS tapes are starting to age quite badly. There are a few games I haven't even bothered with because the quality was so poor.

Thought there was a more complex process than that tbh :lol:

Interesting though, I might think about doing something similar with some of the Pars tapes I have in my room. If I don't get them online or something then they're just going to go to waste sitting in a box under my bed!

Interesting though, I might think about doing something similar with some of the Pars tapes I have in my room. If I don't get them online or something then they're just going to go to waste sitting in a box under my bed!

Not just Pars tapes imo.

Did anyone see the 6 candidates from the 90's put forward by the FFP for the Rovers hall of fame?

It is obviously a difficult period to pick 6 players from but I found the nominations quite surprising.

They were:-

Shaun Dennis; Dazza; Jock McStay; Ronnie Coyle; Sinky; and Paul Browne ( :huh: )

Notable ommissions included Mickey Cameron, Jimmy Nicholl, Peter Hetherston and Craig Brewster.

Did anyone see the 6 candidates from the 90's put forward by the FFP for the Rovers hall of fame?

It is obviously a difficult period to pick 6 players from but I found the nominations quite surprising.

They were:-

Shaun Dennis; Dazza; Jock McStay; Ronnie Coyle; Sinky; and Paul Browne ( :huh: )

Notable ommissions included Mickey Cameron, Jimmy Nicholl, Peter Hetherston and Craig Brewster.

FFP on the pulse as always

I suppose they're making some effort to compensate for the arbitrary nature of where the decades fall.

(Imagine you'd had to pick six candidates for the decade from, say, 96-06.)

1345761438[/url]' post='6558663']

How posh was our bus.

We phoned our drinks order to the pub whilst passing through Dalgety Bay, the celebration drinks were waiting for us at the pub.

P.S. I used a 180 tape and recorded the whole game.

*I'll stop being smug now*

True story ...got off bus at the one o one went to phone wife from phone box to tell her not to expect me home for a week (which she had already guessed that would happen) put down the telephone receiver and £3.50 fell out the slot. It was like the big yin was saying "this is your lotto winning day have a drink on me son" truly magical day oot.

There is software you can buy to do it properly, but it's not cheap as you can see here. You'd probably also need a pretty high spec computer to make it work. I'm happy enough with the quality I'm getting doing it my way.

Next up is the first Fife derby from the 99/00 season, a 2-2 draw at Starks Park:

There is software you can buy to do it properly, but it's not cheap as you can see here. You'd probably also need a pretty high spec computer to make it work. I'm happy enough with the quality I'm getting doing it my way.

Next up is the first Fife derby from the 99/00 season, a 2-2 draw at Starks Park:

Quality seems pretty good considering that's how you have done it great videos cheers for sharing them.

He lost all rights to be regarded a Rovers legend when he screwed us over and moved to Dundee Utd the day before the season started.

Either Dazza or Coyle for me. I'd pick Dazza and then have Coyle specially honoured separately on same night.

Just wondering is there going to be a 2000's pick as well? Can't think of too many that could even be mentioned

Edited by Ding Dang Doo

Just wondering is there going to be a 2000's pick as well? Can't think of too many that could even be mentioned

If we're going for 2000s then it'd have to be either McGurn, Big Marv and Ellis. The problem is that with shorter contracts players it truly is difficult for players to become legends in the same manner as in the past. You could look at those who were there and sheer class such as Paquito or look into those who were good players but more cult figures such as Tade.