The New Raith Rovers Thread

All we can do is concentrate on our own aspirations, if Killie can try and buy their way back to the Premier and fail , then they could be in soapy bubble land, theres a long way to go yet, its highly unlikely we can win the title now but its not beyond the realms of possibility, and whos to say Arbroath wont continue to the end and do a Leicester

A lot of negativity on this thread, yes we’ve been poor but we are only 6 points off Arbroath and 2 behind bookies favourites Killie. No team is running away with it like in previous seasons. Killie should canter home as champions but then again with the budget and squad they started with they should have been nearly home an hosed by no, and they’re not so just maybe they aren’t going to now either.

I can’t see us winning the league just as I can’t see Arbroath doing so either but I wouldn’t totally rule it out either. A wee run good or bad changes things quickly in this league, as things stand no team can be ruled out out of things at this point.

Just remember there was someone (one of our own) on here in the early season who had us tipped as certainties for going down. I’ve seen plenty of good and bad in my 40 seasons watching and I’m no happy clapper, in fact most folks who know me will say I can be often be relied upon to be as negative as the rest but jeezo, there’s guys on here that are bigger drama queens than Bet Lynch,

28 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

A lot of negativity on this thread, yes we’ve been poor but we are only 6 points off Arbroath and 2 behind bookies favourites Killie. No team is running away with it like in previous seasons. Killie should canter home as champions but then again with the budget and squad they started with they should have been nearly home an hosed by no, and they’re not so just maybe they aren’t going to now either.

I can’t see us winning the league just as I can’t see Arbroath doing so either but I wouldn’t totally rule it out either. A wee run good or bad changes things quickly in this league, as things stand no team can be ruled out out of things at this point.

Just remember there was someone (one of our own) on here in the early season who had us tipped as certainties for going down. I’ve seen plenty of good and bad in my 40 seasons watching and I’m no happy clapper, in fact most folks who know me will say I can be often be relied upon to be as negative as the rest but jeezo, there’s guys on here that are bigger drama queens than Bet Lynch,

Aye that’s all well and good, but unless you’ve been wearing a blindfold, we’ve been fuckin guff since the Killie game. 

In my humble and completely misinformed opinion, McGlynn needs to change it up. The obsession with playing 5 defenders is severely hampering us. We got our second thanks to Tumilty going forward (I felt he was a lot better tonight, albeit not as good as he was earlier this season or last season), but the second goal we conceded saw two centre halves sandwich Muirhead with neither getting to the ball. We've got Zanatta and Connolly on the bench, two players who were doing a good job earlier in the season, but neither can get a look in at the moment. Poplatnik doesn't start games but even tonight the system didn't seem to work after we'd made our changes. 

If I'm being optimistic, there were some signs of a decent team in the first half.

It's hard not to come to the conclusion that we are going to end up well off the pace for the play offs come the end of the season though. 

The match on Tuesday is huge. An absolute must win if we want to challenge for the top four. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

I'm hoping this is just a shite rin of results and form. We actually created good chances tonight but Morton really wanted it more. 

Back 5 does not work for us as Dick is a bread and butter old fashioned left back he common do much else which leaves the team unbalanced. We have really missed having 2 mobile full backs although Tumilty put in a shift tonight. 

Stanton is starting to grip up the midfield, hom Matthews and Spencer will be decent. 

We really need a focal point in attack tonight would have been ideal for Varian and i dont know why Poplatnik wasnt given a start. we have so many wingers/forwards to play off them it's almost an embarrassment of riches. 

On a night like tonight, counting on a 'focal point' up front means reliably hitting one guy in a randomising wind.

We can moan about a back 5 but dick practically collided with their post a number of times and tumilty was a major presence in the opposing half and beat their last man to the ball to run into the box and put us ahead. 

We're all rationalising frustrations bit I wouldn't be turning the playing style upside down based on what we saw in brutal conditions