The New Raith Rovers Thread

Torn faced little ba... stand out on the wing for the Pars, caused us no end of trouble over the past few years.

Presumably he's playing for peanuts. Welcome to the club, Joe.

Aye, he's one of those 'you little c**t I fucking hate y - oh, welcome to the club, great signing'

Awkward, tbh.

Hopefully this doesn't indicate Grant Anderson will miss the rest of the season or anything like that. Will be strange seeing a player I've shouted more than a few bad things at over the years playing for the club, that's for sure!

Edited by Michael W

Agree welcome to The Mighty Raith.

Surprised but actually positive about this. Undoubtedly first year in management was going to be difficult. Murray has made mistakes but this week's team shape, performance and this signing is positive.

He's one of the ones you'd expect to resurface in the SPL. I'm surprised that he wasn't picked up by someone like Dundee or Ross County.

It'll take a game or two to get used to seeing him in the blue, but the squad is stronger with him than without.

Dundee have signed Barrowman instead, I believe.

I can't imagine Cardle is affordable to us in the long term, so would expect one of those clubs (or similar) to be in for him in the summer. We get a decent player, Cardle stays employed and he'll probably get a decent move in the summer. Works out well for everyone.

Gives us flexibility, too. Playing with one striker failed miserably, but it could work if Watt, Anderson & Cardle were all playing in support.

Edited by Michael W

As much as I couldn't stand him as a Townie player and I've shouted a ridiculous amount of abuse at him, Cardle is still a brilliant player and this signing is a very good one for us. As has already been said, I'm surprised an SPL team never took him on.

The part of the piece on the website that intrigued me was this:

"Initially the contract is for the remainder of this season but both club and player hope that agreement can be reached to extend the deal into next season."

Surely that can't be true? Why would he stay beyond the summer?

As much as I couldn't stand him as a Townie player and I've shouted a ridiculous amount of abuse at him, Cardle is still a brilliant player and this signing is a very good one for us. As has already been said, I'm surprised an SPL team never took him on.

The part of the piece on the website that intrigued me was this:

"Initially the contract is for the remainder of this season but both club and player hope that agreement can be reached to extend the deal into next season."

I suppose you don't want to stick "He's only here til the Summer on half a wage cos he's got no other options, then he'll be off to the SPL." in an official statement. I'd be surprised if it's anything other than that, though.

Coz he might find he quite likes receiving a pay packet?

Welcome aboard Joe, I promise to fire no more abuse your way,

"He used to be shite,

But now he's alright

Walking in a Cardle wonderland"

I suppose you don't want to stick "He's only here til the Summer on half a wage cos he's got no other options, then he'll be off to the SPL." in an official statement. I'd be surprised if it's anything other than that, though.

Could've left it as: 'signed to the end of the season'... that's what we usually do.