The New Raith Rovers Thread

I wasn't going to come along for the derby next week, because it would normally be a dull mid-table clash which will have no bearing on whether either team will get promoted or relagated, and both teams have been playing poorly as of late. I don't really care if we win or lose 5-0. Personally I just hope both teams throw caution to the wind and it ends up being some stupidly high scoring game like 7-3. I'm sure we'll be hearing many variations of Pars are going bust chants, but it is to be expected. I have no idea how Pars fans are going to approach the game. Will they stay away? Will they come in protest? Will they storm the pitch and get the game abandoned? Will they treat it like a funeral or grand sending off?

I hope they pull though, but I hope they become shit, go down to the 3rd and we can dish out humiliating tankings to them in cup games etc.

Absolutely. They've overspent to the tune of millions of pounds, they deserve to be punished. Like any side in Scotland outside the OF I hope they pull through but they need to get their house in order, go part-time, start paying their players fifty quid a week and pay their creditors the money they've stolen. Or they could choose option B, cheat their creditors out of millions of pounds like Dundee, or option C, start a new club and claim it's the same one as shown by Rangers. Until they show any sign of adopting option A, the club gets no sympathy from me - they're spending double what we do on wages, still, despite being in debt to the tune of £10 million, and bragging when they scrape a win against us with nine men. Why should anyone sympathise with that?

I hope they survive but they deserve to take it tight at the derby. All together now. "No Pars on Monday, oh there'll be no Pars on Monday.....".

Edit: oh, and we'll probably lose.

Edited by Paco

Any chance of a rousing pre kick-off chorus of "Mastertons a w****r" and "Gavin, Gavin Get Tae f**k...." ?? Would be good press.... :D<br /><br />Normal rules once the whistle goes of course :D

<br /><br />How's about<br />"He's fat,<br />He's round,<br />Ran his club into the ground,<br />Masterton, Masterton.

What are other Rovers supporters thoughts about the upcoming derby...

Give them it stinking about their seemingly impending doom or veer away from that type of banter in a show of unity with their supporters even though they are badly brought up Townie c***s? :)

How about a banner with "Nice knowing you, we'll miss you!" on it?

It would be a sad day if we didn't go and give a team stuck in a dire financial situation a good slagging. There's plenty of time in the pub after the match to discuss the finer points of what's been going on and extend our sympathies for the dreadful management of the club.

Only a few select vindictive fans would want to see their rivals go bust (it would be the end of the derby, after all) but that doesn't mean we can't give them pelters for it. I'm quite ambivalent to football clubs going bust: If they can't handle their finances properly and run ridiculous business models, then f**k them; they deserve what they get. However, I would miss the derby, so when all's said and done I hope Dunfermline pull through and get the chance to rebuild themselves.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully others will take the same view. Any chance of Turnbull gunning for Longmuir's resignation? That would be excellent.

If they're serious about colt teams, the bottom league has to be 18 teams (assuming reconstruction goes through).

I think Bert's taken Huttons sporting integrity mantra as a symbol for sporting fairness. I wish we weren't the nice Rovers, i'm sick of seeing us like yesterday go a goal up, and playing some nice football at times. And then to come out for a second half like the way we did on saturday, and lose our footing again. It just looks like that to me, i don't know what Bert say's to them at half time. You can bet it isn't " let's get intae they cuuuunts" . Because we came out for that second half like lost souls, The Rovers are too jeckyll and Hyde. Next season if we're still in this league, he has to strip the team down and start fresh. Oh and be a ruthless basterd for a change. I just want to see a strong club, and stop this liberal fairness pish, and get dirty.

If we want to improve, the remaining McGlynnisms removed from the team:

1) Sitting deep

2) Hoofball, particularly when we're carrying out the aforementioned sitting deep.

We do not have the players to play this way anymore, and it shows. We can't sit deep and defend for dear life, and we don't have Tadé to chase everything. All we do is invite pressure, and without two six foot tall, deep lying midfielders helping out the defence, we will inevitably fold.

It had some degree of success under McGlynn, but it doesn't work at all now. The fact we continue to use a failing tactic is nothing short of infuriating.