The New Raith Rovers Thread

34 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Sorry to see big Dario going. Scored some excellent goals. Ah well, good luck to him at Accies.

Yep agree with this, however getting a fee ? for a player the gaffer didn't think was good enough is a plus, guaranteed he will score against us at some point. Looking forward to this 'marquee' signing now, is Messi free ?

2 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Yep agree with this, however getting a fee ? for a player the gaffer didn't think was good enough is a plus, guaranteed he will score against us at some point. Looking forward to this 'marquee' signing now, is Messi free ?

No, but Ronaldo might be…

28 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Slightly larger than Mark Yardley when Albion Rovers Pumped us at Starks during Anelka's hey day  

0_EXCLUSIVE-Brazilian-football-legend-Ronaldo-and-his-girlfriend-Celina-Locks-enjoy-a-day-at-sea-in.jpg

Daily Record did report Ronaldo as an Irn Bru fan last year…

Edited by TxRover

On the subject of ex-Hibees, I suppose it's highly unlikely to be our Marquee but, I note Marc McNulty was a youth at Hib's in 2008-09 during Murray's second stint at Easter Rd.

Shop windae until Jan????

16 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Morelos is being frozen out at The Rangers. He could be just what we need if a loan deal can be sorted. 

The Colombian Ryan Hardie, if you like.

No thanks he'll spend more time in the stands than on the pitch lol.

2 hours ago, Scottydog said:

On the subject of ex-Hibees, I suppose it's highly unlikely to be our Marquee but, I note Marc McNulty was a youth at Hib's in 2008-09 during Murray's second stint at Easter Rd.

Shop windae until Jan????

We can dream but longer window goes on and he has no one then you never know 🤷🏻‍♂️

56 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

We can dream but longer window goes on and he has no one then you never know 🤷🏻‍♂️

Unless he stays down south or heads to India or Australia then I suspect he'll most likely end up somewhere like Motherwell or St Johnstone.

I suspect he'll be keeping himself in shape, I wonder where he's getting training facilities?  It would be just be very Rovers to sign him until January get him match fit and sharp by Christmas only to lose him to Ross Co or someone in January.

38 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Unless he stays down south or heads to India or Australia then I suspect he'll most likely end up somewhere like Motherwell or St Johnstone.

I suspect he'll be keeping himself in shape, I wonder where he's getting training facilities?  It would be just be very Rovers to sign him until January get him match fit and sharp by Christmas only to lose him to Ross Co or someone in January.

McNulty would be the perfect signing for us experienced and can most likely bag goals at this level, but as you say he might end up elsewhere or sign until January then leave which is risk I wouldn’t take personally as we’ll be left scrambling again for another striker 

Just had a listen to the interview. Some of my thoughts:
  • He seems to suggest that we only recently discovered about the unpaid advertising boards. That begs the question why? 
  •  He mentions 3 occasions where we almost went bust over the years yet the second of those he says the club haven't gotten the bottom of why it happened, which seems bizarre to say the least. 
  • The bit about succession planning is a relief to hear. 
  • I think when he's talking about Barry Smith, he means that he had a lot of time for him as a person rather than as a manager. 
  • The reference to McGlynn sending a 'minder'.  I take it that he's referring to the guy that came in to help out in the dugout during that period. Darren Murray I think it was? Not convinced there's anything that sinister in what he's saying other than that this was McGlynn's idea rather than Smith's. 
  • There's no doubt at all that McGlynn had run his course in Sim's eyes. 
  • I'm not convinced he's 100% sold on Murray.  I'm not sure that Murray will be that grateful for his comments about the signings of Nolan and O'Riordan but maybe he was looking at it from a point of view that we were left with no option but to take punts like that considering the state of the market. 
  • When he refers to the Goodwillie deal, he says he went to bed "resigned" to us not signing a striker. No suggestion there to me that it was anything other than a deal he thought had collapsed being unexpectedly revived. 
  • Interesting that he was keen for us to bring back Ryan Hardie when he was at Blackpool. Shame we couldn't have made that deal happen. 
  • Overall it was a decent enough listen. I don't think he'll leave the club high and dry which is the main thing we need to worry about. 
Ryan Hardie, what a lot of crap. He will be on about £5k per week down there.