The New Raith Rovers Thread

9 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

That CEO was pre-Sim.

The same CEO that gave Bates away for nothing and sanctioned the loan of Lewis Vaughan to a club in a relegation battle with us.

Oh, and I nearly forgot, the same CEO that left us with Ryan Stevenson in goals for a relegation six pointer because he didn't quite understand the rules, despite the fact he was on a SPFL committee.

I meant Mrs Smith

11 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

Wasn’t it the CEO’s role to manage contracts 🤷‍♂️

A CEO nevertheless remains accountable to the board. If the CEO is not doing their job properly, it's on the board to take action.   

I am not privy to any of the goings on, but I would imagine Sim's control over the club, coupled with him being detached from the situation 6,000 miles away, resulted in the oversight completely breaking down. 

The good thing is that the new board know exactly what has happened and have implemented a new structure to prevent it from happening again. 

Edited by Michael W

28 minutes ago, Michael W said:

A CEO nevertheless remains accountable to the board. If the CEO is not doing their job properly, it's on the board to take action.   

I am not privy to any of the goings on, but I would imagine Sim's control over the club, coupled with him being detached from the situation 6,000 miles away, resulted in the oversight completely breaking down. 

The good thing is that the new board know exactly what has happened and have implemented a new structure to prevent it from happening again. 

The new ownership group is blessing as 4/7 or 8 of them know how to run a football club/Understand the game 

McKenzie Ran kelty for over a decade and overseen the rise through the football leagues (yes even with money thrown at it) 

Barrowman- was only at kelty for a few years granted but he was a former player so he understands both players minds/now business mind 

Alan Halliday- was General manager at Dundonald bluebell for many a year and basically ran the club from top to bottom and he understands player contracts/recruitment and all that. 

sim- even though he’s not ran the club greatly over the years we wouldn’t be talking about the club if it weren’t for him and it was shambles because he’s mostly in Thailand and he had people that weren’t quite upto scratch.

Now with the new owners we might see the potential in the football club when it’s run properly 

46 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

The new ownership group is blessing as 4/7 or 8 of them know how to run a football club/Understand the game 

McKenzie Ran kelty for over a decade and overseen the rise through the football leagues (yes even with money thrown at it) 

Barrowman- was only at kelty for a few years granted but he was a former player so he understands both players minds/now business mind 

Alan Halliday- was General manager at Dundonald bluebell for many a year and basically ran the club from top to bottom and he understands player contracts/recruitment and all that. 

sim- even though he’s not ran the club greatly over the years we wouldn’t be talking about the club if it weren’t for him and it was shambles because he’s mostly in Thailand and he had people that weren’t quite upto scratch.

Now with the new owners we might see the potential in the football club when it’s run properly 

Welcome as experience in football is, that wasn't the problem we had. There is nothing inherently unique about running a football club that means basic oversight and management controls can simply be disregarded, with people left to their own devices. 

3 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Welcome as experience in football is, that wasn't the problem we had. There is nothing inherently unique about running a football club that means basic oversight and management controls can simply be disregarded, with people left to their own devices. 

I think that was exactly the issue. Because Sim was so far away he couldn't be around to keep an eye on things so trusted the day to day running of the club to people who were ultimately incompetent. 

We now have a whole team in to run the club. We're only a month I'm and the difference is like night and day. 

39 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I think that was exactly the issue. Because Sim was so far away he couldn't be around to keep an eye on things so trusted the day to day running of the club to people who were ultimately incompetent. 

We now have a whole team in to run the club. We're only a month I'm and the difference is like night and day. 

We're already seeing the benefits of it. It was a shame to see Macdonald depart, but we weren't prepared to offer what was needed to keep him here. Seemingly that was matching his existing wage; you could argue it's a bit harsh to expect players to take a salary cut, but we are not in a position to keep players at any price. Costs are being proactively managed now, which on the other hand allows us to sign players like Jack Hamilton whilst working within the allocated playing budget. 

25 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

So pre season starts tomorrow. I reckon we may see a new CH tomorrow. Heard we've offered terms to two CHs.

If that’s the case then it’ll be interesting to see who it is and one has got to be an experienced CH, someone that will guide the backline and most importantly has to be a leader as well 

3 hours ago, Michael W said:

I'm not buying this, I'm pretty sure they have phones and can use Teams in Thailand, but this is what he expected everyone at the AGM's to believe .

He doubled down blaming the Covid situation then threw Bill Clark under the bus for employing K Mc. and thus the ensuing mess.

1 hour ago, raith1974 said:

So pre season starts tomorrow. I reckon we may see a new CH tomorrow. Heard we've offered terms to two CHs.

If there is they’ll be spotted by any volunteers heading down. 2 CB’s and we’re pretty much good to go in the first half of June!

43 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

12e.PNG

Looking good, let’s not rush the away ones remember who the first visitors are 😜.  Great to see work going on to improve the facilities, it can only help to attract players to the club. New board certainly showing ambition to improve the club both on and off the field. 

1 hour ago, Beachbum said:

12e.PNG

It’s not the big, fancy, thing like you see on TV in the big pound teams videos, but it looks quite nice for our level, and well suited to purpose. What are the metal appearing rectangles in the lower left corner of each station…a close look suggests at least one plug outlet in them, but metal isn’t the most common cover plate material for that.

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

It’s not the big, fancy, thing like you see on TV in the big pound teams videos, but it looks quite nice for our level, and well suited to purpose. What are the metal appearing rectangles in the lower left corner of each station…a close look suggests at least one plug outlet in them, but metal isn’t the most common cover plate material for that.

Probably just aesthetic