The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

You've been in the US of A far too long.

Oh, I had a metal coverplate in a location that plastic was likely to break in, but metal and electricity are very good friends, friends with benefits.

10 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Oh, I had a metal coverplate in a location that plastic was likely to break in, but metal and electricity are very good friends, friends with benefits.

Wait till you find out that most back boxes are metal and that some cables are run in metal conduit and trunking … not to mention that new consumer units are mostly metal too

24 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

Wait till you find out that most back boxes are metal and that some cables are run in metal conduit and trunking … not to mention that new consumer units are mostly metal too

I know the back boxes and conduit may be, which are grounded…they go heavily to plastic round these parts, even the back boxes too.

24 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Brushed metal plug sockets, every fucker has them these days, probably usb compatible as well for phones and such like 

I did suggest they’d be doing that if they were smart, I guess the Village Idiots are showing us all up.

24 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Somewhere in Texas.

Krule John CReilly GIF - Krule JohnCReilly What - Discover & Share GIFs

Nah, significantly less hair, don’t go for the bronze look glasses and missing my cowboy hat and six-shooter!

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

Brushed metal plug sockets, every fucker has them these days, probably usb compatible as well for phones and such like 

Recently spent a small fortune on a new kitchen with all new electrics and all the sockets are thus - metal with USB. All the rage, man. Tx - drag yourself into the 21st C.

There's a paragraph I never saw me writing on a football forum.

34 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Recently spent a small fortune on a new kitchen with all new electrics and all the sockets are thus - metal with USB. All the rage, man. Tx - drag yourself into the 21st C.

There's a paragraph I never saw me writing on a football forum.

Much prefer the 20th…the 21st promises mortality and despair.

Thanks for the remodeling update, did a bathroom a few years ago and grey plastic was the thing then…won’t have to remodel anything for a while now, can’t afford it either.

ETA: USB’s in the bathroom…weird

Edited by TxRover

On 10/06/2023 at 13:26, Specky Ginger said:

Keep it simple.

McGlynnflation.

Funny how you blame McGlynn, for everything ?  even the signing of DG, The scapegoat for that disaster. But never called for Sim's head? suppose he has the MONEY? 😧 FFS  

Has anyone had a chance to have a read of this yet? I just saw a link shared, by the club on Facebook - RRFC-Commercial-Brochure-2324.pdf?fbclid

Really great to see something like this put together. I’ve no idea how our prices compare with other clubs, but it all looks pretty clear and professional. However, I’m really surprised we’re going down the route of charging of charging for mascots. Some of the top Premier league clubs in England do this for free.

The club are totally right to try and maximise all possible commercial revenues but this feels very opposed to the spirit of offering under 12s free tickets, to boost the fan base. A voluntary donation to the community foundation would have been a better option in my opinion.

8 minutes ago, Nairney said:

Has anyone had a chance to have a read of this yet? I just saw a link shared, by the club on Facebook - RRFC-Commercial-Brochure-2324.pdf?fbclid

Really great to see something like this put together. I’ve no idea how our prices compare with other clubs, but it all looks pretty clear and professional. However, I’m really surprised we’re going down the route of charging of charging for mascots. Some of the top Premier league clubs in England do this for free.

The club are totally right to try and maximise all possible commercial revenues but this feels very opposed to the spirit of offering under 12s free tickets, to boost the fan base. A voluntary donation to the community foundation would have been a better option in my opinion.

The mascot package does include 2 x adult tickets for the match to be fair. 

10 minutes ago, Nairney said:

Yeah, I thought it was (yet again) excellent. Really simplistic, clear and provides an explanation of why it would be relevant to would be sponsors. 

As for the mascots, it's a tough one. It's one of these things which has gradually changed with the times. 

Edited by Broken Algorithms

Just now, pantene proV said:

The mascot package does include 2 x adult tickets for the match to be fair. 

That’s true. My daughter was a mascot a few years ago and I don’t think she got any complimentary tickets. It wouldn’t have been much use, for us, though as we had season tickets anyway.

4 minutes ago, Nairney said:

That’s true. My daughter was a mascot a few years ago and I don’t think she got any complimentary tickets. It wouldn’t have been much use, for us, though as we had season tickets anyway.

Yeah, I suppose most mascots' parents would have season tickets 

The fact the mascots price is the key issue shows how much they are getting right.

I've had family kids do it for free in the long distant  past and it was excellent. Don't like the charging at all as it becomes out of reach for those on the lowest incomes.  Would be good of they could have a third kid from the Roary Club or a charity partner. 

Another step to just being professional.

To be impressed with this well put together but pretty standard marketing output shows how lagging we were.