The New Raith Rovers Thread

Past Starks park today.was surprised to see the board with the date and opponents of our next game.empty.Hardly trying to sell it.

I also saw a huge skip full of blue plastic seats with the holes in. I’m sure they’re out the railway stand I think. The clubs missed a trick here fans would have loved to buy one of these. Rovers could have made a few bob methinks. Get them out the skip.

Edited by Kirkcaldybanjo

7 minutes ago, Kirkcaldybanjo said:

Past Starks park today.was surprised to see the board with the date and opponents of our next game.empty.Hardly trying to sell it.

I also saw a huge skip full of blue plastic seats with the holes in. I’m sure they’re out the railway stand I think. The clubs missed a trick here fans would have loved to buy one of these. Rovers could have made a few bob methinks. Get them out the skip.

If they were South stand seats aye but I’m not sure there would be a massive market for seats that no Rovers fan has sat in for 25years. 

6 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

The only other end to end drama I've ever seen that would be on level with that was also at East End in 1994-95.

Ally Graham puts Rovers 1-0 up with a header from a corner, at their end, with about eight minutes left. The Pars take centre, launch it into our box, our defenders are totally switched off and Scott Thomson has to foul the Pars player. Within seconds he's saved Hamish French's penalty and we hold on for a win.

McAnespie’s free kick was brilliant in that game 😄

29 minutes ago, Kirkcaldybanjo said:

With social media about I don’t think having a sign up with the next game is really going to make a difference to the crowd. There is limited footfall going past the stadium. If people are interested they’ll see things on social like the promo video they have just released in the last hour or by sending out emails about the game, like a few days ago

6 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

With social media about I don’t think having a sign up with the next game is really going to make a difference to the crowd. There is limited footfall going past the stadium. If people are interested they’ll see things on social like the promo video they have just released in the last hour or by sending out emails about the game, like a few days ago

Plus most of the diaspora support the old firm we’re lucky to have what we have. 

Edited by Stardog_champion

4 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

The sign at the Beveridge Park is useful for informing the public when to stay away from egg chasers.

5 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

All this talk of Bakers, self hate and programmes is deflecting from more pressing issues. The defence for Saturday  looks sheeeeeiiiittttee. Our manager was a defender, yet can’t find….. erm defenders🤣🤣

You're right, last season we struggled to find a defender and got lucky, this season we've strengthened the forward area and still struggle to put out 4 defenders in their natural positions.

Nothing wrong with that interview in the press.  Murray made it clear that he wants to bring more defenders in, and he's hardly going to turn round and say the young guys aren't good enough.

It's a shame that we haven't got the squad organised before Saturday, but at least there's still efforts in place to get things sorted in the coming weeks. There's plenty time, I doubt any side has their squad fully complete at this stage.

Edited by CALDERON

6 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Nothing wrong with that interview in the press.  Murray made it clear that he wants to bring more defenders in, and he's hardly going to turn round and say the young guys aren't good enough.

It's a shame that we haven't got the squad organised before Saturday, but at least there's still efforts in place to get things sorted in the coming weeks. There's plenty time, I doubt any side has their squad fully complete at this stage.

It’s shite that our defensive frailties have to be against our near neighbours. Murray’s second season now and yet we’re scrambling for a defence AGAIN?!?!?

15 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

It’s shite that our defensive frailties have to be against our near neighbours. Murray’s second season now and yet we’re scrambling for a defence AGAIN?!?!?

We arent scrambling for a defence.  The defence isn't complete, but there are enough players in the squad to put a defence out.