The New Raith Rovers Thread

Painting directly onto the SP wall on Pratt St would obviously be a no no, however if supports could be mounted and panels fitted it would look cool. Something like the Berlin wall East side gallery would be awesome. 

https://fromplacetoplace.travel/germany/berlin/east-side-gallery/

More likely the board would want to sell it as advertising space, a combination of both might be good, although keeping it clean with dirt from traffic might be an issue.

Today won’t be the be all & end all for it by any measure but I am curious as to how having the singing section in the railway stand will work.

My worry is, despite it being an interesting idea in principle, it’ll simply split the home support & dilute any noise or atmosphere.

Today’s the first step in a journey to find out for ourselves I guess.

4 minutes ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

Today won’t be the be all & end all for it by any measure but I am curious as to how having the singing section in the railway stand will work.

My worry is, despite it being an interesting idea in principle, it’ll simply split the home support & dilute any noise or atmosphere.

Today’s the first step in a journey to find out for ourselves I guess.

We won't find out anything if we don't try, yes it might blow up in faces but we gave it a go. 

It does raise an interesting point about what we do with the rest of railway stand if this is or isn't successful. Do we recommission it for supporters to sit or stand in, do we convert it into exec boxes or some other purpose. 

I can't see the  status quo of leaving it to rot as being acceptable to our new investors. 

I noticed last night Hartlepool were playing and Paterson started but there was no Euan Murray some of their fans are thinking that he’s leaving/is desperate to leave to come back upto Scotland… if he is released it’s interesting to see how it plays out if it is to us or another championship club 

19 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I noticed last night Hartlepool were playing and Paterson started but there was no Euan Murray some of their fans are thinking that he’s leaving/is desperate to leave to come back upto Scotland… if he is released it’s interesting to see how it plays out if it is to us or another championship club 

So Patterson is still under contract? I’m surprised they were ok with him playing as a trialist for us. Imagine he’d got injured!

1 minute ago, Jilted John said:

So Patterson is still under contract? I’m surprised they were ok with him playing as a trialist for us. Imagine he’d got injured!

Looks like their new manager probably wants to have a look at him before he decides whether to let him go on a free or loan him and I think he actually played the full 90 after playing 3 games for us…. aye but it’s interesting to see how this whole Murray thing plays out whether they let him go or maybe loan him out 

It seems a strange one that Patterson would play for us as a trialist if Hartlepool are not interested in offloading.

The Euan Murray rumour we will just have to see how that plays out. 

Likely get shot down for saying this but Charlie Mulgrew is on his way out the door at united and I know age is not on his side at 37 but he does fit the experience and left sided side of our centre of defence. 

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

Mulgrew will have been on an absolute fortune at Utd and it’s widely known that he’s an A1 pipe. 

Not saying that we should look at Mulgrew just putting it out there, agree he would be on a fair wedge.

7 minutes ago, Raith69 said:

It seems a strange one that Patterson would play for us as a trialist if Hartlepool are not interested in offloading.

The Euan Murray rumour we will just have to see how that plays out. 

Likely get shot down for saying this but Charlie Mulgrew is on his way out the door at united and I know age is not on his side at 37 but he does fit the experience and left sided side of our centre of defence. 

I know your not saying we should look at mulgrew but he’s on a fair wedge at Utd and has a tendency to be a Grade A 🛎️🔚 and I don’t think we would want that in the environment of the squad 

My only worry about todays game is not actually the defence it’s the MF if we play the 1 with Stanton I think we might get over ran I would like to see a 2 with Stanton and McGill with the latter being more defensive of the 2 but that’s just me 

14 minutes ago, Always next quarter said:

That's remarkable arrogance, he relegated both teams and turns up to tell the world where the current managers are going wrong!

Let's cross the divide and unite to heckle and boo that fucking simpleton.