The New Raith Rovers Thread

I thought Gullan had a really good game yesterday and he would have been my MOTM too. 

I also thought Mullen was an absolute stand-out for the first 10mins or so when we had all that pressure and then disappeared a bit. Agree that his deliveries were good, I think he’ll be a good addition. 

And lastly I also thought the removal of the young team from the south stand detracted from the overall atmosphere, at some points it wasn’t easy to tell if it was our fans or Pars fans making the noise and there were virtually no chants or songs coming from the south stand which my 8yr old was disappointed with, he likes to sing along. 

Really enjoyed the game though, two decent teams and a good way to spend a Saturday evening. 

5 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I heard him being called Dubrovnik yesterday. 

Big Kev Dubrovnik. 

How to pronounce his name causing a big Split in our support I see.

Edited by Enigma

5 minutes ago, RaithRyan said:

Why not just do what the Union Bears do for Rangers and have the young team/ultras down the bottom right hand corner of the South Stand. 

Plenty space. 

Because doing anything rangers fans deem appropriate is generally bad... 

Probably the best place to put them though in fairness. There isn't many sit down there, I'm sure it's where the first aiders sit most games. 

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Which is why there’s speculation that the home fans will be moving to the North Stand as part of some master plan. Obviously it wouldn’t be this year, which is why the “Singing Section” announcement seemed a bit surprising.

Watson will, I expect, be talking with Thomson, Dabs and IM about a need to see Dabs off the line more. IM’s experience at CH will make it easier for Watson’s input to be heard.

McGill certainly would benefit from a stretch at a single position.

I heard Gullan announced as the MotM for the Match Sponsor, did he get Fans too?

There has, quite possibly literally, been no speculation on this other than from you.

The singing section announcement wasn’t the bolt out of the blue you seem to suggest. Enough of the young team obviously made noises about it, the new regime - clearly keen to make positive moves - listened, considered it & decided they could accommodate it.

A shift to the North Stand isn’t happening.

2 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

This. Chuck in the three or four other bars,suites and lounges in the south end and it's clear we're not going to move.

The only reason this topic has come up is because a few folk have mentioned it online. The logistics of it kills it right away.

Apart from the 200 club itself being in the South Stand, the bigger issue is that it doesn't have its own toilets so members use the toilets in the concourse. Leaving the 200 club for a Colin Nish and having to walk through away fans queuing up for fudge doughnuts isn't really sensible.

2 hours ago, grumswall said:

They could all be shifted/ re done pretty easily in fairness. It's unlikely we will make the change to the north stand, which just makes the decision to have a singing section at that end of the stadium more baffling to me. Swapping dugouts and even our instance of shooting towards the home end if we win the toss just confuses me more with it. None of it is major in the grand scheme of things though. With that in mind, I do demand a 90 minute interview on raith TV explaining each and every point made in detail with the full bod. If they can also explain why tx can't just spell out dabrowski, that would be grand. 

Swapping dugouts is pretty clever really and not baffling in any way. It allows the home teams staff  to be able to talk yo the linesman on each occasion he is nearby. That isn't the case when they were in the other dugout last season. 

1 hour ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

There has, quite possibly literally, been no speculation on this other than from you...A shift to the North Stand isn’t happening.

Now that’s absolutely not true. I mentioned it because a couple of people speculated on that.

I’ll take the hit for stuff I do or say, but don’t make it up.

Now, back to “Dąbs”…or maybe “Koza”…or “Fabio”?