The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

I’d rather take Patterson than Murray. Hope he does go to the Tractor Boys, or will go back to his beloved Pars. 

I'd take them both to be fair. Murray offers us some versatility and experience and the ability to play left side of the central defence in a 4 or a 3 i'd imagine. Patterson is a good young player that fits what we want in the squad. If St. Johnstone are interested too then its likely a no-brainer to go there though

Having Murray back would offer depth at centre half and provide good competition for Watson and Corr.

We've spent the last week reading about how we were heading into the derby with a lack of options in defence, yet when an option comes up to change that situation there's folk saying they'd rather not. Tremendous.

3 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Having Murray back would offer depth at centre half and provide good competition for Watson and Corr.

We've spent the last week reading about how we were heading into the derby with a lack of options in defence, yet when an option comes up to change that situation there's folk saying they'd rather not. Tremendous.

Id rather have Stevie wonder at the back over murray somethings can't be forgiven and join the Pars is one of them 

Aye ffs, let's just no bother signing anyone else and go with what we have, or is there a queue of reasonably good defenders suddenly knocking on the door desperate to play for us, I dont care if Murray did go to the Pars, he could do a job for us 

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

2 hours ago, Michael W said:

It's probably a bad reflection that players who are good in our league aren't good enough for League 2 in England. 

On the other hand, Paul Hartley has consistently demonstrated that he's a terrible manager, so there is that as well. 

1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Its fairly obvious even watching League Two football in England that the standard is higher than it is here in the Championship, overall fitness, size, tactical and technical ability is ahead of here. Like jimmy Nicholl at Millwall in the 90's, Hartley badly underestimated the standard there.

Using objective numbers, Scottish Championship currently gets slotted in just above English National League and a decent amount below English League Two. Now, those numbers was very flexible and could change quite a bit in the course of a season or two, but looking at salary and such, that doesn’t seem unfair. The money Hoovered up by the OF (and, to a certain extent, the triplets) means Scottish football has a few reasonably competitive teams at a higher level than their average position, and the others fall a bit below due to it. Then the leagues below see the dearth of young players that aren’t gobbled up by those top teams.

Just now, Raithie said:

Screenshot_20230717_133316.jpg

Looks like St Johnstone, then.

For all his faults he'd have been a decent signing and better than what we had last season.

Hopefully Murray and Potter weren't putting all their eggs in that basket.

As previously alluded to, not beating Dunfermline basically rules us out of getting to the next stage, so the need for a centre half imminently isn’t really there any more. We’d be as well getting as many minutes as possible into Corr and Masson with the rest of the group games and hoping we can get an excellent loan CB for the league starting. 

Football is a money game now, much more so than even a little while ago. As a player you often get just one or two real chances, so any player taking it is making a rational decision. Some players make unfortunate statements because of a belief it will endear them to a new team, some players demand trades or releases when a team under performs, or opportunities arise at a higher level. As a fanbase, we do well to recognize these aren’t fans, they are “players”, mercenaries. Some are a better value than others, and some may accept a bit less from some teams than others, but in the end, it’s a game of making a living.

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

As previously alluded to, not beating Dunfermline basically rules us out of getting to the next stage, so the need for a centre half imminently isn’t really there any more. We’d be as well getting as many minutes as possible into Corr and Masson with the rest of the group games and hoping we can get an excellent loan CB for the league starting. 

With it likely looking Murray could be heading to St Johnstone (if true) then I think we will get a CH permanently and a Full back on loan possibly Paterson? I can’t see us going for another Young CH tbh 

There are some miserable c*nts on here. We badly need a CH, Murray is a Championship standard CH but because he moved on for more money, signed for the Pars he's not welcome back. What are we Rangers and Celtic I think not. I hope he does sign adds quality, balance and depth to our backline.