The New Raith Rovers Thread

30 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

The only email I got was a receipt.

Sorry, you’re right enough. I just got an email with a link to the wallet in my FanBase account, which holds my tickets.

They are QR codes.

Edited by Scary Bear

Couldn’t have been easier to get the season ticket into my wallet. Got an email about 20 seconds after I bought it with a link that said “view ticket in your wallet”, clicked it and added it. I access it the same way I would if I was paying for something with Apple Pay. 

IMG_6322.thumb.jpeg.3f36d1c695d128239f8fe8e6998a562a.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Sorry, you’re right enough. I just got an email with a link to the wallet in my FanBase account, which holds my tickets.

I bought mine (hard copy) at the office, at the time I wasn't registered on Fanbase, but got an email from Fanbase as a receipt.

I have joined Fanbase since but my season isn't available in my wallet.

4 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I bought mine (hard copy) at the office, at the time I wasn't registered on Fanbase, but got an email from Fanbase as a receipt.

I have joined Fanbase since but my season isn't available in my wallet.

The hard copy was an extra tenner, but I would have thought the virtual copy would be in your FanBase account. Sounds like an email to the club is required.

Still waiting on my tickets being available on fan base and didn't get the physical ones. Phoned the club earlier and I'll get a comp tomorrow if it isn't through so no real hassle. Did take a while to get through but they've been busy with the Hibs tickets so it's to be expected 

Just got this email:

We hope you are looking forward to Raith Rovers first home fixture of the 2023/24 season!

We understand that you recently requested a seat swap to move into the singing section. Your digital season ticket was due to be updated today to reflect your new seat in the singing section, however, this will not be possible in time for the opening fixture tomorrow.

Despite this, we would still like to make sure you have access to your new seat for tomorrow’s fixture. The process is detailed below:

• Following this email you will receive a match ticket via email for the game tomorrow in the seat you are due to move into (your current season ticket will be invalid for this one match)

• It will also be in your Fanbase wallet as well as on the email

• Use the match ticket you receive to gain entry to the stadium 

The season ticket seat swaps will be completed before the next home game on your digital season ticket and your printed season ticket if you have requested one.

53 minutes ago, spot on said:

Some new flags in the railway stand 👍

Just for some context, is there any real summary of what’s wrong with the Railway Stand and exactly what it would take to make it usable? I’ve sort of assumed it’s needing a new roof, seating, redone access/accommodations and such, but is it just a heap that needs demolished/replaced.

17 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Just for some context, is there any real summary of what’s wrong with the Railway Stand and exactly what it would take to make it usable? I’ve sort of assumed it’s needing a new roof, seating, redone access/accommodations and such, but is it just a heap that needs demolished/replaced.

What's needed is alot of £££. The roof shouldn't need much, if any work seing as the signing section is now in that stand. I'm not sure what work has maybe been done at that end though. Going past on the train it does need a bit of tlc from the outside but probably nothing substantial. I don't think it's ever been made public the full extent of what is needing done for it and as much as I'd love to see it opened again, I just dont think it makes sense to further split our support over another area unless we can get another couple of thousand to every game. 

20 minutes ago, TxRover said:

For starters, it would need new seating at the southern end. On top of that, there's likely issues with the facilities/toilets which would need looked at.

I think Sim used to say its hard to make any big changes (i.e knock it down and have a terrace down the side) because it's only accessible by the one side and runs past one of the few rail links from Aberdeen to London meaning the Network Rail are unlikely to help out.

19 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Some people would have you believe it is falling down, it isn't, it would have been pulled down if it were.

Some people have said it was unsafe, it isn't, ground staff, photographers, TV crews wouldn't be able to operate in the area if it were.

John Sim had a plan to develop the stand for hospitality which was estimated @ >£1M, this was stated at an AGM, he joked that if anyone had a spare £1M it could probably get done, no one laughed.

He also stated that it couldn't be converted to safe standing, I'm not sure of that, but he must have had a conversation with someone knowledgeable on the subject.

Apart from that it's fine.

8 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

For starters, it would need new seating at the southern end. On top of that, there's likely issues with the facilities/toilets which would need looked at.

I think Sim used to say its hard to make any big changes (i.e knock it down and have a terrace down the side) because it's only accessible by the one side and runs past one of the few rail links from Aberdeen to London meaning the Network Rail are unlikely to help out.

A big issue dealing with NR is (IIRC) any works within 30 metres of the railway needs their say-so.

If they deem that the track has to close for whatever reason, they charge an eye bleeding amount for the privilege.

It's worth saying, that with the new board they've shown quite a few things which were "impossible" before were definitely possible with the application of skills and resources. McKenzie in particular has been great at this.

I'd love for us to have a mural of Raith Rovers people up the back. Not even necessarily players: Ronnie Coyle, Ally Gourlay etc

5 minutes ago, grumswall said:

What's needed is alot of £££. The roof shouldn't need much, if any work seing as the signing section is now in that stand. I'm not sure what work has maybe been done at that end though. Going past on the train it does need a bit of tlc from the outside but probably nothing substantial. I don't think it's ever been made public the full extent of what is needing done for it and as much as I'd love to see it opened again, I just dont think it makes sense to further split our support over another area unless we can get another couple of thousand to every game. 

So that's the spit and polish aspect, and the splitting support aspect is valid, unless...

4 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

He also stated that it couldn't be converted to safe standing, I'm not sure of that, but he must have had a conversation with someone knowledgeable on the subject.

...that would be a popular use, so its a bit puzzling he said that. The SPL/SPFL view seems to be rail seats, like those at Parkhead would be the requirement for safe standing, so most likely there's an aspect of an inability to fix the necessary hardware onto the current concrete of the Railway Stand. Compared to the north end, the narrower, and more sloped south end looks unsuited to that.

12 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I figured the accommodations were always top of the list for needs fixing there. Network Rail are another matter, although...

7 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

A big issue dealing with NR is (IIRC) any works within 30 metres of the railway needs their say-so.

If they deem that the track has to close for whatever reason, they charge an eye bleeding amount for the privilege.

...a quick search indicated that 2-3m is the minimum setback, and assurance any future maintenance can be done without entering Network Rail property. I suspect the 30m is old, but they do still suggest at least a 20 week lead time for "consultations", and they'd likely be read c**ts about work anyway, so that might be a consultation range requirement.

5 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

It's worth saying, that with the new board they've shown quite a few things which were "impossible" before were definitely possible with the application of skills and resources. McKenzie in particular has been great at this.

I'd love for us to have a mural of Raith Rovers people up the back. Not even necessarily players: Ronnie Coyle, Ally Gourlay etc

But, as I recall, the visibility isn't great from the train. However, it's not a bad idea in principle, and our new village idiot overlords seem to get stuff done. Maybe using the endcaps of the south and north stands to support murals?

1 minute ago, Langtounlaud said:

Has anyone still not received their season ticket yet?

My father in law hasn't got his yet, he had went down and bought it at the office in June so no confirmation email. He's worried about getting in to the game tomorrow. 

The club will fix any issues, they’re no gonnae turn anyone away. Go early and speak to the folk in the office, they’ll sort it out. 

1 minute ago, Langtounlaud said:

Has anyone still not received their season ticket yet?

My father in law hasn't got his yet, he had went down and bought it at the office in June so no confirmation email. He's worried about getting in to the game tomorrow. 

I haven't received mine yet but phoned up today and was told to go the ticket office and they will be comped until its resolved. I'm not waiting on the physical cards but still don't have them showing on fan base.