The New Raith Rovers Thread

Mitchell away on loan, does anybody else feel another experienced Centre Forward signing coming. 

As for us only allocating the Cliftonville  supporters the corner section of the TH stand could be a mistake. As I've said before on here, Celtic have a huge affiliation with them and Celtic aren't playing next weekend because of the international games.

Hopefully Mitchell bangs in a shit tonne of goals along the road and it makes sense to get him game time.  That said I think he offers something that none of the others (apart from Smith) has and that's speed which is a great thing to have especially from the bench. I also doubt Gullan will last mote than 10 games before he's out again. 

Unless another striker comes in that’s a dreadful decision for me. 
I’m sure I heard / read correctly that Mitchell is the quickest player for us, has looked sharp in minimal game time and for me looks like a really good prospect. 

A short loan to a league 1 club possibly but a season at EF wouldn’t have been my choice. I do understand he needs to be playing and he’ll have been badgering IM for more game time with his late equaliser at Partick.

EF should be buzzing with this at their current level and I’m sure he’ll bang them in.

19 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

Mitchell away on loan, does anybody else feel another experienced Centre Forward signing coming. 

As for us only allocating the Cliftonville  supporters the corner section of the TH stand could be a mistake. As I've said before on here, Celtic have a huge affiliation with them and Celtic aren't playing next weekend because of the international games.

If a load of **** are heading through, I'd stick them right behind the pillars in the main stand with restricted views.

Give them a taste of their own medicine.

26 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

Aye, I thought that. I hope so. Would gladly have kept Mitchell in squad but if he's asking for game time, as I hope he is, then I can understand it.

9 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Think it's a bit of a strange one, I certainly wouldn't be hanging my hat on Gullan staying fit all season, and Mitchell has looked impressive whenever he has played.

Rovers can take him back in January.

22 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Think it's a bit of a strange one, I certainly wouldn't be hanging my hat on Gullan staying fit all season, and Mitchell has looked impressive whenever he has played.

I suppose even if Gullan isn't available, Smith, Ross and Vaughan are other options for up top to some degree or another.

1 hour ago, MICMAC said:

Celtic fans can ram it. Get them in the main stand.

2 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

😅

With our injury history maybe not such a good idea to send anybody out on loan

Bingo, that was a daft decision to let Mitchell go, hopefully we have a clause for his return when Gullan inevitably gets injured again. Hamilton isn’t up to speed either so I don’t understand it. 

1 hour ago, Stardog_champion said:

Bingo, that was a daft decision to let Mitchell go, hopefully we have a clause for his return when Gullan inevitably gets injured again. Hamilton isn’t up to speed either so I don’t understand it. 

Maybe we are in for Jakubiak after all 🤔

4 hours ago, Beachcomber said:

Seems like a good move for all.

What's Kieran's best position on the park ?

He’s played on loan generally wide, using his speed to chase balls lumped forward, but can play as striker too…just very little experience there. However, in the video, he has the positional sense to stay back and open, resulting in a lovely little goal.

Murray said a few weeks ago he was looking to bring in a full back, midfielder and a striker. Since then we have signed Byrne so would imagine imagine Mitchell going on loan suggests Murray is still confident of adding another striker.

With Hamilton, Gullan and Smith all available and us now seeming to settle back in to 4-2-3-1 I can’t see us making moves for another striker. Don’t get this “lack of options” shtick at all. Mitchell needs games and he wouldn’t be getting anything more than 10mins here and there with us.

Edited by Enigma

57 minutes ago, Enigma said:

With Hamilton, Gullan and Smith all available and us now seeming to settle back in to 4-2-3-1 I can’t see us making moves for another striker. Don’t get this “lack of options” shtick at all. Mitchell needs games and he wouldn’t be getting anything more than 10mins here and there with us.

It's not lack of options so much as it's lack of similar options. Smith and Ross can both give you the fast, long in behind the full back type play. We've got different versions of No 10s in Vaughan, Stanton and Easton, need someone to cut in from out wide? Connolly and Gullan. Also not forgetting Mullin, Ross and Connolly for providing deliveries from out wide.

It's really the hold up play, lead the line type that we've only got Hamilton for. Would be greedy at this point to start demanding another player of his quality in that role and I dare say we could find some adaptation to get round it if he's out but that's your single point of failure.

3 hours ago, renton said:

It's not lack of options so much as it's lack of similar options. Smith and Ross can both give you the fast, long in behind the full back type play. We've got different versions of No 10s in Vaughan, Stanton and Easton, need someone to cut in from out wide? Connolly and Gullan. Also not forgetting Mullin, Ross and Connolly for providing deliveries from out wide.

It's really the hold up play, lead the line type that we've only got Hamilton for. Would be greedy at this point to start demanding another player of his quality in that role and I dare say we could find some adaptation to get round it if he's out but that's your single point of failure.

That’s fair enough, as Mitchell hasn’t shown that hold up skill set yet. Wonder what Connell is doing…just kidding.

The people would seem to be a loan is unlikely because we can’t really offer much in the way of playing time to develop a hold up type striker unless/until Hamilton pulls up. Any player of that type that would be loaned from a Premiership side would be near a finished article to be sent to the Championship and they’d want him playing, so perhaps our best bet is a loan from England or a player from the antipodes (or Eastern Europe…know any Polish strikers, Big Kev?).

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

That’s fair enough, as Mitchell hasn’t shown that hold up skill set yet. Wonder what Connell is doing…just kidding.

The people would seem to be a loan is unlikely because we can’t really offer much in the way of playing time to develop a hold up type striker unless/until Hamilton pulls up. Any player of that type that would be loaned from a Premiership side would be near a finished article to be sent to the Championship and they’d want him playing, so perhaps our best bet is a loan from England or a player from the antipodes (or Eastern Europe…know any Polish strikers, Big Kev?).

Why would a loan player from England be expected to accept less game time than one from Scotland ?

Edited by spot on