The New Raith Rovers Thread

37 minutes ago, grumswall said:

He's looked better with them recently in fairness to him. 

Agree, 1st few games gave me the absolute fear, then the howler against QP. Since then he's come on leaps and bounds, still occasionally hesitant but a lot better than 3 months ago.

Edit - I think the fact he knows the fans are on his side has given him a huge confidence boost.

Edited by keyser_soze

Chat on the DU thread says Watt, Docherty and Glass are out for the match. Might be quite significant, as their depth isn't that great...it will be very interesting to see what DU do in the January window, you'd think they'll have to push the boat out.

49 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Chat on the DU thread says Watt, Docherty and Glass are out for the match. Might be quite significant, as their depth isn't that great...it will be very interesting to see what DU do in the January window, you'd think they'll have to push the boat out.

If they want to get the necessary quality in to push them on for the title they kinda have too, especially in the striker department as Moult has an injury history, Watt isn’t a prolific goalscorer…. Caveat to that we may also need 1 maybe 2 in depends on the Shaun Byrne situation and what positions we need 

Regarding big Kev, he's good but his problem is he's a right good looking b*****d too. Reckon if someone did a Jim Leighton/Joe Jordan on him it would make him a much better keeper when coming for crosses, as it stands he has way too much good looks to lose.

A broken nose and lose a tooth or three and the guy could be world class! 😀

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Will wait and see who runs out to start  the game , could be a  bit of mind  games me thinks 🤔

Edited by spot on

1 hour ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Caveat to that we may also need 1 maybe 2 in depends on the Shaun Byrne situation and what positions we need 

Interesting thought on Byrne, while Dundee may be interested in having him back, are they interested enough to overcome the joy they are getting from seeing Byrne help keep us neck and neck with Dundee United?

Just now, Dundee-FC92 said:

Keep Byrne for the season lads and you can also have Lee Ashcroft in January. 

Making me a very happy man at the moment. Long may the story continue. 

Thank you. 

While very tongue in cheek, I can certainly see the Dundee leadership looking at Byrne and thinking that while it would be nice to have him back, we’re doing OK, and he’s causing a spot of bother for DU…

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

While very tongue in cheek, I can certainly see the Dundee leadership looking at Byrne and thinking that while it would be nice to have him back, we’re doing OK, and he’s causing a spot of bother for DU…

We have six central midfielders in the squad and one who can fill in there. 

He's safe in Kirckaldy for the season. 

Thank you.

1 minute ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Another 2 points and we're safe 😂😂😂😂

39 points averages eighth place over the last 25 or so years…

Even better, IF we can get 6 points off Ayr and Arbroath, DU have Queen’s Park and a hot Partick Thistle, we could possibly be 7 or 8 clear by the New Year.

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

39 points averages eighth place over the last 25 or so years…

Even better, IF we can get 6 points off Ayr and Arbroath, DU have Queen’s Park and a hot Partick Thistle, we could possibly be 7 or 8 clear by the New Year.

That's what concerns me, Murrays stock has to be sky high atm, and if those results were to happen how long can we hang on to him 

3 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

That's what concerns me, Murrays stock has to be sky high atm, and if those results were to happen how long can we hang on to him 

If I recall, his contract is up in June…like Stanton…and a few others. One thought, IF we can hold this, would he be willing to jump to a Premiership laggard and risk relegation versus perhaps riding this insane rocket as far as it can go first?

14 minutes ago, TxRover said:

For those interested:

In all competitive matches this year, that’s 21 wins, 2 draws and 3 losses.

Our twelfth win by one goal in the Championship.

And our first goal between minutes ‘47 and ‘74 in the Championship

The sad thing is that goal time stat actually crossed my mind a few mins after we scored today because you've been mentioning it here🤣

The prospect of paying Mehmet`s wages for another 2 years has to be considered in whether to replace him. A good keeper can be the difference between going up or going down in the championship. The rumored £1500 per week over 2 years has to be less than the potential loss of not progressing in the same 2 years. 

We are in desperate need of a proper midfielder Joe Chalmers just isn`t good enough for the Championship and unfortunately neither is Allan(good enough squad player). Personally I would go and try get Dillon Easton on a pre contract next month and explore the option of Byrne both would massively improve us going forward. I know Wighton was great for us last season when he was fit but at this level he offers very little at the very least McCann offers pace and and is a nuisance as for Jak the jury is still out. No chance of finding a goal scorer in January but something has to change up top because we offer nothing.

🤣