The New Raith Rovers Thread

Kane definitely adds plenty up front for them but we don't do clean sheets anyway so he can get their consolation if he wants.

What he doesn't sort is how much they struggle at the back.  Between Rudden running around them, Hamilton coming on to shove them around when they're tired and Vaughan and "insert winger name here" we should have plenty of chances.  Lets not forget Sam "the parslayer" Stanton too.

38 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Not seeing whats so special about Kane so far, though I said the same for Alex Samuel. Though I was blatently unaware that he had the power of Christ compelling him to score against us and no one else.

Samuel had the Mark Yardley effect that day 🤣🤣

18 minutes ago, SerieA said:

A tweet earlier from Dylan Corr earlier with the football and bin emoji. Now deleted 

Didn’t see it but you’d feel the same I suppose seeing a midfielder playing in your position.

The fact he never even got the diddy cup game against Airdrie was poor for me. Our poor form and leaking goals more than merited a chance. 

28 minutes ago, SerieA said:

A tweet earlier from Dylan Corr earlier with the football and bin emoji. Now deleted 

That’s a shame if he’s been released. Never really given a chance. 

I’m pretty much where everyone else is. Getting above United was always unlikely given their budget so to have given them a run for their money has been great and still not over yet. Even if we are in the Championship again then I’d trust Potter and Murray to sort out the defence and put us in a decent position to challenge again. 

23 minutes ago, FitbaSupporter said:

That’s a shame if he’s been released. Never really given a chance. 

I’m pretty much where everyone else is. Getting above United was always unlikely given their budget so to have given them a run for their money has been great and still not over yet. Even if we are in the Championship again then I’d trust Potter and Murray to sort out the defence and put us in a decent position to challenge again. 

Why? Murray has had two years at it and gotten absolutely nowhere. 

3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I’ve got to agree, Murray was a defender and doesn’t prioritise that part of the team. The injuries are out of his hands and has to do with whose available.

For me, It's all about maintaining 2nd place anything else is a bonus, along with the added finance that goes with 

Just hope next season we have a proper less injury prone defence 

Young hungry players was the cry at the start when the new guys took over, that worked out well , would be surprised if any would want to join us to sit on their arse all season   

Edited by SirJimmyofNic

On 03/03/2024 at 22:06, McGuigan1978 said:

I’m not sure about Murray being a “shitebag” either, or that he’s poor at signing defenders as someone mentioned earlier. 

In his 18 months here, he’s signed Keith Watson, Euan Murray, Dylan Corr, Lee Ashcroft, Daniel O’Reilly, Ross Millen, Connor O’Riodan, Kieran Ngwrnya and Ryan Nolan. 

Not sure he could be blamed for the injuries, and as for rest, decent, or seemed a decent signing when made. 

23 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Sean, (can't remember your spelling of it so apologies) perfectly sums it up with his post iv quoted for you. 

2 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Sean, (can't remember your spelling of it so apologies) perfectly sums it up with his post iv quoted for you. 

I think the fact he's not managed to get a tune out of all those players just shows his deficiencies. 

Well that, and the fact we have a clown in goals. 

Just now, Ro Sham Bo said:

I think the fact he's not managed to get a tune out of all those players just shows his deficiencies. 

Well that, and the fact we have a clown in goals. 

I'm happy with the clown in goals, the same way I'm happy with the village idiots tbh. 

2 hours ago, raith1974 said:

If we sell out the home allocation  then we should open up the railway stand to home supporters. Can it be accessed from the south stand along the back of the old part of the railway stand.

Yeah they were using the old Railway Stand turnstiles earlier in the season.

2 hours ago, Stardog_champion said:

I can see United pulling away now, we have real concerns about defence and all the teams will be out to exploit that. We have to score at least 3 goals because of the clear cut issues at the back. If Chris Kane is fit for the Pars then we’re in a world of hurt. Obviously they rested players yesterday against Airdrie and were soundly beaten. They will be a different animal when they come to Starks. 

What a load of old arse this post is. You on the wind-up?

We've come a hell of a long way since last season, it's important to keep that in mind.  Albeit I do think the management have been very well backed, that squad shouldn't be lower than 2nd or 3rd - but we are closer to Utd than anyone would have realistically expected.

That said, it's perfectly fine to be frustrated at the past couple of month.  Dundee United have dropped points 6 times since we beat them at Tannadice,  yet we are 4 points behind. They've given more opportunities to take advantage than we could gave realistically asked for, didnt strengthen that much in January- and to be honest the Rovers have crumbled a bit.   In particular,  blowing a 2 goal lead twice against a frankly awful Arbroath side is tough to take. As was taking the lead against Ayr, Inverness and Queens Park at home, and ending up with 1 point.  Considering the experience on the pitch, there's been some pretty sketchy game management on show.

Not a failure by any means, but I do feel we could look back at this sesson as an absolute huge opportunity missed.  Under Mcglynn in 2011 we ran out of steam, this has been bit different.

Edited by CALDERON

I think we all know that strange results can happen in this league but the 2 against Arbroath are shockers and could ultimately cost us the league.

United will show us how to deal with the worst team in the league on Saturday 

Some folk going full self-preservation already for Saturday. I’m not entirely sure what it is about Chris Kane that we should be particularly worried about? He could score a brace on Saturday & my opinion on that won’t change. 

Beyond that, folk getting themselves really worked up over the ifs, buts & mibbes of the rest of the season. Rovers will drop points between now & May. So will Utd. Surely more worthwhile to just get behind the team & enjoy the games that are left, eh?