The New Raith Rovers Thread

28 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Notice accounts have been released regarding the club if anyone can break it down who has a clue about accounts 

Depends what you want from it, really. There is no profit/loss included in there for example. Although I'm sure I recall the expected loss was about £250k, with the cup tie at Ibrox pretty much preventing a disaster. 

Just over £105k was spent on termination payments (this was provisioned in the previous accounts)

We recieved a £144k R&D tax credit. No idea what for!

The football club is still technically insolvent, probably will be for.the foreseeable. 

John Sim is no longer the Ultimate Controlling Party (in fact, there isn't one now). 

On a happier note, the amount of cash in the bank increased from the previous set of accounts. 

Edited by Michael W

25 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Depends what you want from it, really. There is no profit/loss included in there for example. Although I'm sure I recall the expected loss was about £250k, with the cup tie at Ibrox pretty much preventing a disaster. 

Just over £105k was spent on termination payments (this was provisioned in the previous accounts)

We recieved a £144k R&D tax credit. No idea what for!

The football club is still technically insolvent, probably will be for.the foreseeable. 

John Sim is no longer the Ultimate Controlling Party (in fact, there isn't one now). 

On a happier note, the amount of cash in the bank increased from the previous set of accounts. 

It was the Tax credit that threw me ? Next years accounts will probably show a more healthier position 

1 hour ago, FitbaSupporter said:

Arbroath defeat looking even more important with United opening up a 4 point gap. Pars game looking like a bit of a must win as can’t see Arbroath winning at Tannadice

Yeah Morton away felt like a potential banana skin for Utd especially on current form.

Alas, us absolutely pooing our skants up in Arbroath was a real sore one.

Saturday fetching into must win territory.

We are well and truely in must win territory here. Dundee United will do what we failed to do and put 3 or 4 past Arbroath. We then play Partick away (our game in hand) which I am not confident about in the least. 

Drop points on Saturday and it's play offs ahoy. 

Edited by pub car king

Agreed with the last few comments. 
Said it after the game that title winners don’t lose a game when winning 2-0 with 30 to play against the divisions lowest side who are in horrific form. Airdrie was another example last night of how you see out a 2 nil scoreline. 
Either Utd or us could’ve been 12 points clear and if one of the teams were to have put a proper run together recently.

It’s 100% must win on Saturday otherwise we’d need to better United’s last 9 games  by 2 wins, one of which would mean beating them away from home again.

Whatever happens it’ll still be a good season but defeat against Abroath and them grinding out a 1 nil win looks like it might just about be done.

Oddschecker prices to win the division - 

DU 2/7

RR 11/4

What’s the worst outcome? We play Championship football next season with Pars and Falkirk and another great opportunity to win the division with Livi replacing DU. I’m alright with that.

Aye, realistically anything less than 6 points in the next 2 finishes us. 

Beyond that,I can only repeat what others have said: league winners don't blow games like we did last Friday.

We'll limp into the play offs in all probability. Get our jotters off of Morton in all likliehood, then spend the summer grinding our gears over Centre Backs (again).

Lets be fair, we've done brilliantly to be where we are and the results on Saturday don't finish anything, we have 10 games to go, a total of 30 points up for grabs and every team in the league is fighting for something.

No one can look at that United squad and think they'll push on and not drop more points before the end of the season. (granted, other teams will be saying that about us too)

If we don't win the league, then its not a failure over the whole season, we've been excellent and shown plenty to be optimistic about and we'll ideally use whatever prize money and generated income from a vastly increased support to push on again next season. We didn't expect to be here when it all kicked off, lets just enjoy the final push and see what happens. 

1 hour ago, renton said:

Aye, realistically anything less than 6 points in the next 2 finishes us. 

Beyond that,I can only repeat what others have said: league winners don't blow games like we did last Friday.

We'll limp into the play offs in all probability. Get our jotters off of Morton in all likliehood, then spend the summer grinding our gears over Centre Backs (again).

This is the most likely outcome. That said its been a great season and we've all come along for the ride. 

The issue will be next season, we are going to have so much expectation heaped on us depending who comes down. 

If its just Livi then we will be one of the favourites and the club are in a position of do we carry on building or just go for it. 

1 hour ago, renton said:

Aye, realistically anything less than 6 points in the next 2 finishes us. .

Not buying that, but it’s getting very close. DU have another swing through a league that has posed a problem to them since their first go around. I would suggest that they are likely to drop between 7 and 10 points. IF we win Saturday, we have to drop 2 less points than them in the final 9 matches. That basically allows 2 loses or, 1 loss and 1 (or maybe 2) ties. We could lose the next two and win out to possibly take the League…but it’s a poor position to be in, partially due to our ridiculous GD vs DU’s.

1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Lets be fair, we've done brilliantly to be where we are and the results on Saturday don't finish anything, we have 10 games to go, a total of 30 points up for grabs and every team in the league is fighting for something.

No one can look at that United squad and think they'll push on and not drop more points before the end of the season. (granted, other teams will be saying that about us too)

If we don't win the league, then its not a failure over the whole season, we've been excellent and shown plenty to be optimistic about and we'll ideally use whatever prize money and generated income from a vastly increased support to push on again next season. We didn't expect to be here when it all kicked off, lets just enjoy the final push and see what happens. 

Shut up being sensible.

1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

This is kind of where I'm at with it too.  

We've exceeded everyone's expectations this season and should be in a great position to challenge next season assuming we don't go up.

I agree that United will have dodgy results between now and the end of the season.  We probably will too but a good win on Saturday could get us going again.  

The key thing for me is to just get back into decent form.  This will either mean we win the league or go into the playoffs in good form.  Keith Watson is probably the key player for both scenarios so if he's not 100% for Saturday he shouldn't play.

I can see United pulling away now, we have real concerns about defence and all the teams will be out to exploit that. We have to score at least 3 goals because of the clear cut issues at the back. If Chris Kane is fit for the Pars then we’re in a world of hurt. Obviously they rested players yesterday against Airdrie and were soundly beaten. They will be a different animal when they come to Starks. 

If we sell out the home allocation  then we should open up the railway stand to home supporters. Can it be accessed from the south stand along the back of the old part of the railway stand.

Just now, raith1974 said:

If we sell out the home allocation  then we should open up the railway stand to home supporters. Can it be accessed from the south stand along the back of the old part of the railway stand.

I would think so as they were using it for home fans earlier this season.