The New Raith Rovers Thread

17 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Aye just slide it under the railway stand. Could even do it like Wimbledon when they put the rain cover down.

raining tennis court GIF by Wimbledon

My preference is the same and of course the finances are going to dictate, but regardless, the community foundation has to remain an integral part of the club. We can't just push it to one side just for a shot in the top league. 

an option could be to 'donate' plastic pitch to Kirkcaldy & Dysart, house Community Foundation there, and combine the pathways from fun 4's all the way up.

46 minutes ago, Arthur Reid McDermott said:

Sorry Liam, but the amount of times I saw Dick pass the ball to Easton, then overlap him up the left wing to receive the pass back, only to watch Easton trying but failing to beat three opposition players, losing the ball, then Dick from a really good threatening position having to rush back to defence!  The amount of times I saw that this year was far too many, and far too often.

Easton can definitely be a very skilful game changer and he scores some spectacular goals.  However through either his greed, or inability to read the game, he sadly also has the ability to kill goal scoring chances through not playing the easy Ball.  He really needs to work on this.

That's exactly how I saw it as well. 

Liam Dick is a solid defender and someone who knows his own limitations. With that said for me he's shown improvement every year he's been here.

This season he seems to have improved his throw ins (small win) but an improvement though. He's also managed to get forward a lot more and the best player to use him in this way and utilise his running was Kyle Turner especially in the play off games against Partick. 

In my opinion, Dick is a solid squad player at this level and absolutely worth another year while Hannah goes on loan for another year (preferably to a decent L1/L2 team) to develop. 

That of course depends on him being willing to be a squad player (i.e. accept he's no longer first choice) and also that the budget allows us to have a squad player of his age/salary expectation.

Aye, I feel a bit sorry for Liam Dick, but at the same time, I do feel we probably needed an upgrade in both full back positions. 

That said, in terms of the playoff matches, I thought Liam Dick was one of the few players who did okay across them, and in general, I think he's a solid, 6/10 every week at this level, and that's not to be sniffed at!

It's interesting what someone has flagged up above, as according to Wyscout, he's got more crosses into the box per game this season compared to last, and they're more accurate, so they're absolutely spot on in terms of him working on things he's struggled on and improving them incrementally. 

With Lewis Stevenson coming on board, you'd imagine he'll be moving on, and if so, he'll go with my best wishes, as I've genuinely enjoyed watching him, but on the plus side, there'll presumably be far fewer dick jokes on here, which are excruciating. 

I think Dick will be offered another year because Murray likes a 3 at the back and he's ideal as that LCB.

With Stevenson we could play a sort of TEMU version of Tierney and Robertson. 

16 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Aye, I feel a bit sorry for Liam Dick, but at the same time, I do feel we probably needed an upgrade in both full back positions. 

That said, in terms of the playoff matches, I thought Liam Dick was one of the few players who did okay across them, and in general, I think he's a solid, 6/10 every week at this level, and that's not to be sniffed at!

It's interesting what someone has flagged up above, as according to Wyscout, he's got more crosses into the box per game this season compared to last, and they're more accurate, so they're absolutely spot on in terms of him working on things he's struggled on and improving them incrementally. 

With Lewis Stevenson coming on board, you'd imagine he'll be moving on, and if so, he'll go with my best wishes, as I've genuinely enjoyed watching him, but on the plus side, there'll presumably be far fewer dick jokes on here, which are excruciating. 

You're right.  The terrible patter from some members is a massive bone of contention for me........

55 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

It's a good job Willie Dyer is no longer with us.

1 hour ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I think if he does leave the club should quite rightly have the appropriate post on social media but I draw a line at a leaving video as bairns tend to watch our socials a lot 😂😂( sorry) 

I’m not so bothered about our social media output in relation to Dick but if he were to go it should at least mean Michael Stewart can’t insert his “unintended” double entendres on Friday night football. 

2 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

…but on the plus side, there'll presumably be far fewer dick jokes on here, which are excruciating. 

I’m just glad one of the members of P&B had the balls to tackle this issue.

Good luck to Dick.

40 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

I’m not so bothered about our social media output in relation to Dick but if he were to go it should at least mean Michael Stewart can’t insert his “unintended” double entendres on Friday night football. 

I'd imagine he'd end up at another championship club if he does leave so we'll still get to hear them.

4 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It's pretty poor that the first news we hear of players leaving is through another club announcing the signing.

It's not though really. There'll still be negotiations ongoing with some players, some players might verbally have agreed to sign a deal but they're away on holiday (and the club don't want a repeat of the Paul McManus fiasco). 

Arnott was the most fringe of all the fringe players we have. Hopefully he can kick on and get game time at Bonnyrigg. I'd rather the club took the time they needed rather than getting pressured into releasing statements about who we've spoken to because Bonnyrigg are wanting to announce a signing. 

20 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It's pretty poor that the first news we hear of players leaving is through another club announcing the signing.

The less you hear about anything regarding the Rovers the better.

9 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

It's not though really. There'll still be negotiations ongoing with some players, some players might verbally have agreed to sign a deal but they're away on holiday (and the club don't want a repeat of the Paul McManus fiasco). 

Arnott was the most fringe of all the fringe players we have. Hopefully he can kick on and get game time at Bonnyrigg. I'd rather the club took the time they needed rather than getting pressured into releasing statements about who we've spoken to because Bonnyrigg are wanting to announce a signing. 

it wouldn't be hard to put out a statement saying "players x, y and z have been released while negotiations continue with the remainder of those out of contract"

12 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

it wouldn't be hard to put out a statement saying "players x, y and z have been released while negotiations continue with the remainder of those out of contract"

I'm sure a statement like that will come out in due course. Bonnyrigg have announced the signing first, as is their right. 

All the best to Aaron in the future

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Aye OK Broken Algorithms.  But I think what was meant was a one line statement that Arnott had left.  No need to mention any other player.  Surely better to hear from our club one of our players has left, is it not?