The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

What was the story with Ross Millen? Fallout with someone?

Nobody REALLY knows, but sounds like an internal bust up when we went 5 or 6 loses on the trot in Dec/Jan and he was never seen again. He's some boy, put it that way - total lunatic. I quite liked him though. 

10 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

Yes, Ian Murray. With predictable consequences.

No-one really knows exactly what happened, which I'd suggest is for the best, for both parties' sake. 

9 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

If the stories are to believed he accessed data on a laptop that he wasn't privy to, after that basically put on gardening leave for the rest of the season. However this all happened after he was sent off at full time away to Airdrie so maybe something in that also, club just said 'internal matters' and I'm happy with that.

As said previously he was kinda well liked by the fans, bit of a nutter and the 94th minute Panenka at Hampden would have put him close to 'cult hero' status had he not fucked up.

11 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

If you told me someone in the squad had fallen out with the manager he'd be my first guess.

Gave us a few great moments though.

2 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Wouldn't surprise me if he is on the radar for being our on loan RB 🤞

Would certainly take him but Hibs won't be putting anyone out on loan until they get a new manager in and they get a chance to put a squad together.  Wouldn't be too keen on us waiting that long without a natural RB in the squad.

I suppose at least if it is David Gray (as looks pretty likely now) he's already been around the club and will know whether Megwa is ready for premiership football.  With plenty of £££ around the club I'd imagine they'll be looking to strengthen significantly and Megwa would be less likely to feature too much.

Thanks folks, wouldn't mind him at Airdrie as doubt Megwa will return but I could see him going for Morton for obvious reasons. Would be happy to see Scott McGill return to us as well always a good squad option to have surprised IM let him go.

9 minutes ago, AJ77 said:

Thanks folks, wouldn't mind him at Airdrie as doubt Megwa will return but I could see him going for Morton for obvious reasons. Would be happy to see Scott McGill return to us as well always a good squad option to have surprised IM let him go.

A few Rovers fans surprised to see him go too, as you eluded to a decent squad player who can play just about anywhere, however was not really getting much game time which is what players want ultimately.

Just now, SirJimmyofNic said:

Building up to be one of the best back lines we've had in years, I do wonder though if that means Corr is away

Can’t be if he’s technically still in discussion we must’ve offered him a contract 

Just now, SirJimmyofNic said:

Building up to be one of the best back lines we've had in years, I do wonder though if that means Corr is away

If we do sign Hanlon then I'd think Corr will be away although we probably need 4 CHs. Corr learning from Hanlon would be good for his development. 

4 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

If we do sign Hanlon then I'd think Corr will be away although we probably need 4 CHs. Corr learning from Hanlon would be good for his development. 

Let's hope Corr sees it that way