The New Raith Rovers Thread

Technically, we have the players for a 2-3-5 now too…at least pre kickoff, before people more into a 3-5-2 or such…would be worth the panic in the other technical area as they surveyed that formation…

I do wonder how IM will balance his new found defensive wealth with his love of midfielders…should be fun to watch, now get the schedule up so I can book a trip for a home match!

Edited by TxRover

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Technically, we have the players for a 2-3-5 now too…at least pre kickoff, before people more into a 3-5-2 or such…would be worth the panic in the other technical area as they surveyed that formation…

I do wonder how IM will balance his new found defensive wealth with his love of midfielders…should be fun to watch, now get the schedule up some can book a trip for a home match!

Charlie Telfer and Adam Frizzell have left Airdrie so you never know 😂

5 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

Frizzell signed a new deal with Airdrie I’m sure. 

4 minutes ago, MICMAC said:

Frizzell signed a new deal in the last week or so. I can't see how Telfer would fit into our plans given we're quite heavy in numbers in that area.

With that said, it's not unknown for Murray to add players in an area of the pitch where we're strong already simply because someone of quality becomes available. 

I wonder why all these decent players want to come to the Rovers all of a sudden?

Surely it can't have anything to do with the "Village Idiots" planning.  Can it???????????????????

Aye there's a few of you numptys on here now wi beamer red faces eh? 

Any of you got the balls to apologise? Say you got it wrong? Sorry you used the expression Village Idiots?

I just can't see us going into a season where we hope to compete for the title without a recognised right back.  Matthews is decent as cover and we have midfielders who can also fill in as a wing back if we play a back 3, but we need (in my opinion) to have a proper right back.  We will undoubtedly play a back 4 regularly throughout the season and none of our current options are ideal for that.  A team who wants to win the title (especially the way the championship is looking this season) cannot afford to make do.

28 minutes ago, Arthur Reid McDermott said:

I wonder why all these decent players want to come to the Rovers all of a sudden?

Surely it can't have anything to do with the "Village Idiots" planning.  Can it???????????????????

Any of you got the balls to apologise? Say you got it wrong? Sorry you used the expression Village Idiots?

Things are so good I'm having to think really hard for any downsides at the moment. 

The quality of the bovril cups have definitely got worse though and I'm burning my hands before I get up to my seat.

44 minutes ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

Things are so good I'm having to think really hard for any downsides at the moment. 

The quality of the bovril cups have definitely got worse though and I'm burning my hands before I get up to my seat.

To be fair, the queues at the pie stand was my only genuine gripe last season.  It did seem to improve towards the end though as they got more staff in and they got used to the systems etc.

Oh, and the roof leaks above my seat if the rain is really heavy.

Edited to add: Just in case the tone wasn't obvious, this was my attempt to highlight that things are so good right now that we really need to be picky to find anything remotely bad about the club.

Edited by AllanJM

It should be said, the one person who was calling them village idiots roundly did get bodied over it, and subsequently came back and said they got it wrong. They're also known as one of the most reactionary posters in our support on here. 

Other than that there's only really been praise for the current regime. 

Corr might only have been offered a deal to trigger a development fee but Murray probably did want to keep him. 

A RB has to be the next priority we've added 3 excellent defenders but 2 of them are left footed. Get someone close to the quality of everyone else we've brought in and I think we will have the tightest defence in the league. 

I'm guessing we haven't had the Hannlon interview because anyone who can use the equipment is in Germany riding that particular emotional roller coaster 

Squad in great shape , happy to wait for the final pieces of the jigsaw. Ground improvements happening again. Just a good time to be a rovers supporter at the moment . Scotland is a nice distraction and I do go regularly to the home games but for me being at the San Starko with mates I have known 30 years is what Saturday’s are all about , bring on the new season I want to get back on the Rovercoaster 💪🏻🔵⚪🤞🏻

On the players that have left.A fair few teams back for pre season.Thought we would’ve heard about new clubs for Millen, McGill and Corr.Expect them all still to be in the Championship 

4 minutes ago, SerieA said:

On the players that have left.A fair few teams back for pre season.Thought we would’ve heard about new clubs for Millen, McGill and Corr.Expect them all still to be in the Championship 

Millen will probably rock up up Morton, McGill and Corr may well drop down a league, unless Airdrie or Falkirk can give them game time

5 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Millen will probably rock up up Morton, McGill and Corr may well drop down a league, unless Airdrie or Falkirk can give them game time

Morton have signed Cammy Ballantyne for right back, supsect Millen would be quite expensive as back up/cover and they tend to run a smaller squad anyway.

1 hour ago, Arthur Reid McDermott said:

Has your post has been lost in a time warp for 12 months ?

Decent players have been coming to the Rovers since the end of the 22/23 season, seems a strange time to post this now IMO.

Or are you just shit stirring