The New Raith Rovers Thread

Dylan Corr needing an operation on his shoulder and likely to miss a large part of the season. 
Real shame for him as he looked like he could kick on with regular game time.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

On the subject of season tickets, I’ve been a season ticket holder for a number of years at Starks, but recently with our more professional approach to things, staff on the turnstiles have been getting more  strict about which stand I sit in. 

My boy wants to sit in the South Stand with the “ultras” and the cool kids, so I had a seat there. However, I want to split my time between the South Stand with him and the Main Stand with the rest of my auld decrepit pals, when he’s not attending.

I managed to get a transfer ticket at the office a couple of times towards the end of the season, but this didn’t seem to be the norm and was embarrassing for me as I felt I was begging/hassling them for a ticket for the Main Stand and it seemed like this situation was strange for them too.

Has anyone else had this issue, and if so, what’s the solution?

At the moment I’m sacking the season ticket and just paying as I go, so I can pick the Stand I want on a game by game basis, but I don’t really like that as the club miss out on cash up front, and I usually only make about half to two thirds of games.

We had season tickets for the Main Stand last season but on occasion wanted to sit in the South Stand. We simply entered the Main Stand as normal but once through the turnstiles we went under the tunnel and emerged at the trackway in front of the stand. From there we simply made our way along the trackway to the foot of the South Stand and in we went. No one challenged us.

5 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Glad to hear it’s not just me, and that even a well know face of Scottish football gets asked to go to the office.

I get it if it’s a busy game, but Rovers v Queens Park is unlikely to be a sellout.

Due to our shall we say "lapsed" support for a couple of decades you could sit wherever you wanted to. 

However last season the south stand was packed more often than not with a lot of season ticket holders as well. It does mean numbered seating has to be effective. Otherwise it's just chaos with folk sitting in other folks seats. 

2 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Due to our shall we say "lapsed" support for a couple of decades you could sit wherever you wanted to. 

However last season the south stand was packed more often than not with a lot of season ticket holders as well. It does mean numbered seating has to be effective. Otherwise it's just chaos with folk sitting in other folks seats. 

Aye, but I’m going to the Main Stand.

6 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

We had season tickets for the Main Stand last season but on occasion wanted to sit in the South Stand. We simply entered the Main Stand as normal but once through the turnstiles we went under the tunnel and emerged at the trackway in front of the stand. From there we simply made our way along the trackway to the foot of the South Stand and in we went. No one challenged us.

Under the tunnel? I’m lost. When I go in the Main Stand, I go through the turnstiles, turn left, then up the stairs, past the Jim McMillan Club door and Raith Suite. Then into the Main Stand. 

Edited by Scary Bear

3 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Aye, but I’m going to the Main Stand.

Just talking in general terms. Even woth numbered seats folk still sit where they like it might need a bit of communicating from the ub around it. 

29 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

Dylan Corr needing an operation on his shoulder and likely to miss a large part of the season. 
Real shame for him as he looked like he could kick on with regular game time.

A shame for him but a bullet dodged for us. 

19 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Under the tunnel? I’m lost. When I go in the Main Stand, I go through the turnstiles, turn left, then up the stairs, past the Jim McMillan Club door and Raith Suite. Then into the Main Stand. 

When you come through the turnstiles take an immediate right and go back a few yards. There's a tunnel of sorts that goes under the main stand and comes out in front of the L shaped part of the stand where the police centre is situated. It's a short trip from there onto the track and into the South Stand.

23 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

When you come through the turnstiles take an immediate right and go back a few yards. There's a tunnel of sorts that goes under the main stand and comes out in front of the L shaped part of the stand where the police centre is situated. It's a short trip from there onto the track and into the South Stand.

My problem was even getting through the turnstiles as I had a South Stand season ticket. Sounds like Main Stand is the way to go for season tickets.

37 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

Let’s wait and see how long his expensive replacement is out for before we count those chickens!

Surely Fordyce is his replacement? Hanlon will be Watson's replacement in this scenario surely. Unless you know something about Fordyce you're not telling us... 

Corr was overrated by many people in our support just due to being a wee bit faster than the aforementioned Watson and also Murray, and not getting game time. There's a reason he ended up signing for morton.

Stevie May’s long and illustrious St Johnstone career looks to be coming to an end.

And Perth boss Craig Levein has confirmed that he plans to use any money he can free up by letting the 31-year-old leave to strengthen parts of his squad that are in need of attention.

Levein is happy with his attacking options but hopes to make further recruits in defence, midfield and out wide.

May, who came through the McDiarmid Park academy and has been part of all three cup-winning sides over the last decade, has one year left on his current deal.

But the former Scotland international, linked earlier this week with Raith Rovers, has been told his “game-time would be limited” if he sees that contract out.

“If you look at our squad, the area where we’re best covered is our frontline,” said Levein.

“We’ve got Benji (Kimpioka), Adama (Sidibeh), Uche (Ikpeazu), Nicky (Clark) and Makenzie (Kirk).

“It’s an area where we’re really strong.

“I’ve had a conversation with Stevie to say that his game-time is probably going to be quite limited.

“He’s been here a long time and is very well respected.

“I’ve got a great deal of respect for Stevie.

“It’s just the circumstances – I need to get some money back to allow me to do some of the things I need to do.

“These conversations are never nice and they can go sour at times but Stevie has been great.

“He was quite understanding about the situation. I need to try and generate money from somewhere.”

Experienced players
On the broader recruitment picture, Levein addressed the topic of ‘Premiership-ready’ signings and Saints missing out on them.

“I think we do need experience but the experienced players are more expensive,” he explained. “That’s the thing.

“Whether we can get what we’re looking for with the money that we’ve got, I’m not sure.

“We don’t pay the sort of money that all these guys are looking for.

“That’s why we’ve done things a bit differently and tried to recruit from different places.

“We can’t compete with some of the teams round about us.

“We’ve missed out on quite a few.

“Listen, I knew the difficulties when I took the job so I’m not complaining about it.

“And I think we’ve made some good signings.

St Johnstone striker Nicky Clark. Image: SNS.
“We’ve got Uche and Nicky to come back into the equation, as well as Kyle (Cameron).

“That’s three very experienced players.

“We still want to do certain things in certain positions but I’m OK with where we are at the moment.”

Meanwhile, Levein confirmed that Aaron Essel’s two-match ban for his red card at Alloa won’t keep him out of the Premiership opener a week on Monday.

“This year suspensions are competition-specific so that means Aaron will miss tomorrow’s game and the next round if we go through,” he said.

“But it means we’ll have him for the Aberdeen game.

“We’ve had a chat about his sending off – he was a wee bit impetuous, especially five yards away from the linesman.

“In different countries there are different levels of tolerance and he’s maybe come from a league where the tolerance is quite high.”

No room for error
Following their midweek slip-up it’s a case of Saints needing to beat East Fife on Saturday and then hoping that Alloa are either defeated by Morton or draw and lose a penalty shoot-out.

“I was in two minds before the game about whether to make changes,” said Levein, looking back at the Alloa team selection which backfired.

“Leaving Drey (Wright) was an easy one because it was an artificial pitch, three games in a week and he’s had bother with his knees.

Drey Wright was left out of the St Johnstone team in midweek. Image: SNS.
“Younger players have grown up playing on astroturf so I thought it might be the right option.

“It’s proven to not be the right option – the result tells you that.

“It was a bizarre game – I don’t think I’ll ever see some of the things that happened again.

“Things conspired against us to a degree but we certainly didn’t help ourselves with our decision-making.

“We were responsible for our own downfall, even though we had good chances to win the game.

“But it’s done.

“We can still qualify for the next round and we have to play well tomorrow, win the game and hope things go our way at other places.”

Levein hopes Cameron and Sam McClelland will both be available.

That's what the Courier article says

Edited by Kooz92

4 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Could you not have included the births, deaths and marriages as well? Almost the whole paper there min.

Almost like... it's the whole article. 

27 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Courier reporting that Stevie May is being freed to find a new club. Can't open article to read it fully but may be some truth that a deal has been done. 

You can type in “archive.ph/“ before the site address and it will appear