The New Raith Rovers Thread

So in the last week we should have/shouldn’t have sacked a manager who was/wasn’t underperforming 

weve provided a Programme subscription that is ludicrously expensive - then forget that the programmes have to go from A to B

Now it’s club memberships and associated coats, apparently if you want more that just watching the game it going to cost you more - who knew 

What’s next week - do we find out that you have to travel to away games, or food at the football isn’t included in your ticket price 

I honestly sometimes worry about peoples mental state on here 

1 hour ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I noticed that as well. 

Doubt there's anything in it though. Stanton doesn't seem the dramatic type. 

Whoever told you that about the 200 club was misinformed. 

Stanton wasn’t being dramatic, but it felt like something. 

24 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

So in the last week we should have/shouldn’t have sacked a manager who was/wasn’t underperforming 

weve provided a Programme subscription that is ludicrously expensive - then forget that the programmes have to go from A to B

Now it’s club memberships and associated coats, apparently if you want more that just watching the game it going to cost you more - who knew 

What’s next week - do we find out that you have to travel to away games, or food at the football isn’t included in your ticket price 

I I honestly sometimes worry about peoples mental state on here 

Yours especially if you think any of these deals are worth it

34 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

I really didn't understand the moaning about the programme subscription, the programme sub has never really been cheap, if you're doing it then you're relying on us getting a few home cup games..  If we get no home cup games then you're unlucky and end up paying over the odds.  I'm sure when I first signed up for it I was paying £75.  I know in season 21/22 it went up to £85, then 22/23 it jumped up again to £95.  So wouldn't say the £100 two years later was a massive jump up.

6 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

Obviously it's not as black and white as that but don't let that stop you from commenting anyway. 

The last few pages are made for that Grandpa Simpson ‘old man shouts at cloud’ meme.

The various parties who have run the club over the years do seem to love to stir things up whenever we get our occasional and usually short-lived whiff of success. Then they rely on the good nature of people to keep involved when it all goes wrong.

Fully understand and the board are looking to get as much revenue as possible through every possible avenue but if the 200 club goes up to £150 (a more than 200% increase) I will not be a member any more and will just go to the Abbotshall or Estuary for a drink before and after the game. I’m already paying a season ticket and 1883 club and I don’t see the value in £150 a year to have a pint a few minutes walk closer to the game. As said before I’m not arsed about Sky Sports or TNT Sports and barely pay attention to the TVs. I’m there for a few beers and some banter with friends and other fans. I fully expect the board will use the current 200 Club as a match day bar with an entrance fee and the 200 club will relocate away from Stark’s Park again. 

Edited by San Starko Rover

10 hours ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I noticed that as well. 

Doubt there's anything in it though. Stanton doesn't seem the dramatic type. 

Whoever told you that about the 200 club was misinformed. 

10 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

More than happy to take your word on that.

Aye the McMillan club has negotiated a fee with the board and agreed on a fee but the 200 club hasn’t gone back to the board yet as they only had the their AGM yesterday.  

Out of curiosity, are both of these clubs open to new members? 

Both of them, probably more so with the McMillan club are in prime real estate within the stadium. Given the uptake in hospitality and focus on match day revenue, you can see why the board are looking to get premium value. 

9 hours ago, Beastie Russell said:

The price went up last year and there were no complaints on here. It's more the % increase, the changing of the offering, and the timing of the change.

2 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Out of curiosity, are both of these clubs open to new members? 

Both of them, probably more so with the McMillan club are in prime real estate within the stadium. Given the uptake in hospitality and focus on match day revenue, you can see why the board are looking to get premium value. 

The 200 club was open to new members laat season. Normally after renewals they would open up to new members each year. 

13 hours ago, raith1974 said:

Never really noticed before but today Stanton after the game went straight down the tunnel not acknowledging fans or the board. Is this usual for him.

Always first down the tunnel after games but always acknowledges Main Stand.He was first player out the ground as well 5/10 minutes after game.Maybe he had something on but did find it a little strange.

Massive 3 points that yesterday with the week we’ve had and the core of the team missing. 

Dick, Murray and Easton get the special mentions for me. Thought they were standouts in an excellent team performance.

3 boys back for Ayr and hopefully another 2/3 signings/loans as well.

10 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Don't really want to wade into this argument, but comparison with a High Street pub doesn't really apply, unless the football club starts to play on the High Street. 

It does though if it's high street prices they are charging, with the matchday membership at that price it certainly is. 

13 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Probably just trying to convince him to come out of retirement! 

On the point of right backs we have a midfielder playing there (who done well yesterday) while an acutal right back was left on the bench.

Have we signed a turkey there?

Couple of questions as I think we have a big week/fortnight coming up. 

I'll narrow it down but who out of

Hanlon, Leven, O'Dea or McCabe would fans want? 

Once appointed what positions do we need to strengthen?

In terms of positions we need a rightback, right winger, striker and perhaps another centre back.

59 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

On the point of right backs we have a midfielder playing there (who done well yesterday) while an acutal right back was left on the bench.

Have we signed a turkey there?

I think its to get the captain, Matthews onto the field without having to remove Byrne, Stanton or another forward player from the side. Perhaps when Brown is back, we'll see Freeman come back in.