The New Raith Rovers Thread

8 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Do you think your fanbase would cope with such a change in fortune? 

Theres a core there who have seen it all before and who will cope. Hard to know what the more recent fans will do. Suspect a fair few will drift away as the comedown from last season may be too much. Mad that we’re even thinking about this scenario after last season. Peak Rovers. 

2 hours ago, Jilted John said:

I think Hamilton does a fair bit physically, where we lose out is we don’t get anyone close enough to him to benefit from knock downs etc. 

Aye, but he tends to try and release the ball very early. It's always a flick on to someone who isn't within ten yards of him. He needs to learn to bring the ball down and hold it.

Of course, he needs to be match fit first....

21 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

😂😂 winter greens soon ,  hopefully a point at least on Friday, at least I’m not missing it for a Tory sport  🎾😜 

My sporting weekend was planned to perfection until they BBC cants got involved.

25 minutes ago, ARaithFan said:

Amazed Potter hasn’t come under any scrutiny for the signings/renewals as he gets along of credit for players signed but easy to point downwards when it isn’t working. I don’t like naming players negatively too much during the season but we are carrying a few for sure.

I couldn't see Potter bringing in players of his own back without consulting Murray, surely Murray would've had input on any targets, I did say yesterday that a few players need moving on in January as we're definately not getting "value for money" from them 

1 minute ago, pub car king said:

Even of Potter was solely responsible for the signings the party line will be to say it was the managers choice. 

Lets no even go there, In light of Murrays departure, that's a whole other can of worms....... nah of course they wouldn't have done that

1 minute ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

What's the plan for the bottom half?? Just a paint job maybe

No idea.  They'll have to do something with it though or it'll spoil it a wee bit.

11 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

What's the plan for the bottom half?? Just a paint job maybe

Scrape through to January and strengthen with the hope of finishing 8th.

40 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

I couldn't see Potter bringing in players of his own back without consulting Murray, surely Murray would've had input on any targets, I did say yesterday that a few players need moving on in January as we're definately not getting "value for money" from them 

I’ve maybe not been too clear, sorry about that. My point is that Murray has  paid with his job for decisions made leading to poor results that ultimately led to his sacking. 

If we agree that some players are just not at the standard or not performing, then some blame has to go Potters way too. Not that it does us any favours at the moment mind you.

33 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

Really think this is going to look great when it's finished........

image.png.fe4b291b28b86a3b985ad21b48a91fd9.png

Is it just me or does the badge look like a giant fridge magnet.

Also if they're reading this I would buy one of those giant magnets. 

Edited by pub car king

21 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Is it just me or does the badge look like a giant fridge magnet.

Also if they're reading this I would buy one of those giant magnets. 

Especially if it has a wee battery inside and lights up like I think the sign on the stand will.