The New Raith Rovers Thread

14 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

Sorry to be blunt pal, and I usually like the cut of your gib. The players have to look at themselves too. Yes we got 80 good minutes against an utterly shite Hamilton team then we as a team collectively shat the bed. Apparently Murray had a list of players HE wanted and the board allegedly said no. Seemingly Potter and Barrowman decide who we sign

That bit about Murray is wrong 

Just now, SirJimmyofNic said:

For the sake of the clubs finances I pray to god that Collins can turn this around in the January window if not before, hes brought in Dabo who by all accounts is the business, so let's see who else he can bring in  

When Dabo came on, he was easily the best player in a Rovers shirt

21 minutes ago, FitbaSupporter said:

Would be astounded if it wasn’t a collective decision. Surely? Not even Rovers are stupid enough to let one person make such a decision.

Agreed. Barrowman appears to be the focus of most of the discontent but I expect he was just carrying out instructions.

27 minutes ago, Raith2711 said:

This was it today. Hardly any shouting or anger. Just folk getting up and walking out, head down, like they came against their better judgement and it turned out as expected.

Yeah, as soon as we went one down I knew we weren't winning, still thought there might be an outside chance of sneaking a draw though.  But when the second went in you knew that was it.  We never look like scoring so as soon as we go behind you know that's pretty much the game up.

20 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Can anyone enlighten me, was there a board meeting after the Airdrie game was ut a unanimous decision to punt Murray or did Barrowman do it all of his own back

I heard (by no means is it 100% true but from a reliable source) that one of our Directors made an assessment based on social media negative comments and it was worked out that Murray to go was the right choice based on what fans were saying. As I said no idea if that's true but christ if it is even partly true and played a slight part in their decision. 

18 minutes ago, TxRover said:

1) That’s an absolutely stupid take.

2) do explain to me how we force options in. The pool right now is what is offered via loan or not signed. There’s very little to be pressed, and much to be waited for.

Why is it anyone who disagrees with you, you claim the opinion is "stupid". It's my opinion, yours clearly is the opposite. I think yours is wrong. 

But for players we didn't bring in one forward player, bar an 18 year old from Queen of the South, on a permanent deal all summer. That to me indicates a recruitment problem. Other clubs seem to be about to get targets in but we seem very much incapable at the moment. That is squarely on the board.

41 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

and appointing someone who is apparently on a far bigger salary

It would be completely mad to appoint someone with less experience than Murray and give him a bigger wage. I mean of all the bad mistakes to make that is criminal.

2 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

He stumbled and gave the ball away once or twice within minutes of coming on, nothing to back up your statement.

I stand by my comment, we were worse than dog shite. Collins chose Jamieson over Gibson too …… I mean really??

Just now, 101 said:

It would be completely mad to appoint someone with less experience than Murray and give him a bigger wage. I mean of all the bad mistakes to make that is criminal.

Not sure it’s the maddest thing we’ve done to be fair 

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

Hmm, I give you Anelka over Calderon. We chose a DJ over an experienced manager. Raith Rovers are the only club in Scotland that year after year after year shoots themselves in the foot. 

8 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

I heard (by no means is it 100% true but from a reliable source) that one of our Directors made an assessment based on social media negative comments and it was worked out that Murray to go was the right choice based on what fans were saying. As I said no idea if that's true but christ if it is even partly true and played a slight part in their decision. 

Yet even after the customary Airdrie defeat, as far as I can remember, there were very few calls for Murrays head from the support, certainly in here, unless it was being said on Fakebook or the other channel 

6 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

I stand by my comment, we were worse than dog shite. Collins chose Jamieson over Gibson too …… I mean really??

So, the conversation wanders away from your point, the pea is under the shell on my right.

18 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Why is it anyone who disagrees with you, you claim the opinion is "stupid". It's my opinion, yours clearly is the opposite. I think yours is wrong. 

But for players we didn't bring in one forward player, bar an 18 year old from Queen of the South, on a permanent deal all summer. That to me indicates a recruitment problem. Other clubs seem to be about to get targets in but we seem very much incapable at the moment. That is squarely on the board.

Not a chance.