The New Raith Rovers Thread

Except I never said or hinted towards that at all. Infact I have had nothing but praise for Nade. I pointed out we had 2 strikers who aren't likely to rack up the goals and that I believe we should have went for a striker who will score goals. Will Stewart do that? I hope so but his recent stats say he won't. I can't say how well he will do the same I don't know how any of our new signings will do. However you don't see Fans of his ex clubs coming onto threads and saying we have a good player on our hands like what has happened with our other additions. Infact most have said he has 0 football ability but can run about a little.

Seems to me like some people are happy just to have anyone because we are tiny wee rovers and anybody who is decent won't be near us.

If Novo or oconnor had signed yesterday I would imagine I would be saying the same as I am today and some would still be saying 'give him a chance' and 'what more do you want'

Thats just the point Kev. Nothing but praise for a striker whos record is actually worse than Stewarts. Now i am not saying Nade isnt a great signing for us, i think he is and i have a suspicion that stewart was signed to play along side Nade who will be their to provide the opportunities for stewart to score. Many are criticising stewar when not one single person knows Murrays game plane for this season, a plan that may just fit into stewars style of play.

Thats just the point Kev. Nothing but praise for a striker whos record is actually worse than Stewarts. Now i am not saying Nade isnt a great signing for us, i think he is and i have a suspicion that stewart was signed to play along side Nade who will be their to provide the opportunities for stewart to score. Many are criticising stewar when not one single person knows Murrays game plane for this season, a plan that may just fit into stewars style of play.

Do you really think Elliot is going to sit on the bench? Serious question. Not being an arse here.

I'm quite impressed that Spence has decided to opt for playing every week over a more comfy full-time gig either with us or (as rumoured) with the Pars.

If he was quite as #nandos obsessed as people like to make out, he'd have stayed full-time without a doubt.

Not quite sure that's true. Realistically how much would he have been on at you lot? £500pw maybe? It wouldn't be life changing anyway. He will have moved to Alloa and will be their highest plaid player. He may even get close to that part time and have even more time to dick about and do whatever he wants.

Could be wrong but that's how I interpret it.

Not quite sure that's true. Realistically how much would he have been on at you lot? £500pw maybe? It wouldn't be life changing anyway. He will have moved to Alloa and will be their highest plaid player. He may even get close to that part time and have even more time to dick about and do whatever he wants.

I, like you hope he enjoys a tartan patch and enjoys his wages.

450 a week iv been told. Iv also been told he is a bit of a bellend who likes to pull out the ''im a professional footballer" line.

Do you really think Elliot is going to sit on the bench? Serious question. Not being an arse here.

No i dont. Have you considered Murray may just play a 3 4 1 2 line up with stewart playing behind nade and elliot. If, as people say he has a bit of speed and can run through defences then that is a very viable option for murray to use. OK hypothesis i know but it has its merits especially if we can play 2 wing backs.

Not Mark Stewart. However if (and he won't be) he is the very best available for our budget I probably would have tried harder to keep Spence.

The thing is, the decent players will go to Hearts, Hibs, Falkirk or fucking Queens before coming to us. And it's mostly down to location more than anything else, unfortunately we're not a big draw.

No i dont. Have you considered Murray may just play a 3 4 1 2 line up with stewart playing behind nade and elliot. If, as people say he has a bit of speed and can run through defences then that is a very viable option for murray to use. OK hypothesis i know but it has its merits especially if we can play 2 wing backs.

Murray avert from a 4-4-2? I would like to think he would but I doubt it. Stewart has pace apparently but only in a straight line and can't beat the man (think I read that in the dundee thread). Where are the wing backs in that formation? The 2 side players of the 4? Id still imagine we will sign a few wingers but that would mean they would be left out in that formation as Thomson and McKeown will surely start. I know it's all hypothesis but I'm just offering a different view point

The thing is, the decent players will go to Hearts, Hibs, Falkirk or fucking Queens before coming to us. And it's mostly down to location more than anything else, unfortunately we're not a big draw.

We have made some very good signings so far. We have also retained some very good players who could have Went to bigger clubs. We aren't a massive draw but we aren't a a tiny fish a in big pond draw wise like you're making out. I don't believe anyway

Murray avert from a 4-4-2? I would like to think he would but I doubt it. Stewart has pace apparently but only in a straight line and can't beat the man (think I read that in the dundee thread). Where are the wing backs in that formation? The 2 side players of the 4? Id still imagine we will sign a few wingers but that would mean they would be left out in that formation as Thomson and McKeown will surely start. I know it's all hypothesis but I'm just offering a different view point

Its true to say for every suggestion their is a counter suggestion. Your opinion is valid just as mine is. Dont you think it better to wait and see how murray plays the team and how stewart fits into that and more importantly how he performs. Hill had his doubters, still does, but look at him now. He is a stalwart in defence and important to the team. Just give stewart a chance then criticise if or when its due.

We have made some very good signings so far. We have also retained some very good players who could have Went to bigger clubs. We aren't a massive draw but we aren't a a tiny fish a in big pond draw wise like you're making out. I don't believe anyway

Aye, but your having a go at Mark Stewart before he's kicked a ball for us. Let's give him the first quarter before destroying the boys confidence haha. I hope not. But you know what I mean.

Aye, but your having a go at Mark Stewart before he's kicked a ball for us. Let's give him the first quarter before destroying the boys confidence haha. I hope not. But you know what I mean.

He's not going to read this though. When he plays I am not going to abuse him (keyboard gangster, aye why no). Some have made it out like i am going to be against him and want him to do bad when I don't. I don't think I have ever booed a player and hate people who do. Individuals that is. Booing the team is fair game. I hope he scores goals and plays well. But his recent track record suggests he will be no improvement on, say Gordon Smith or Spence.

He's not going to read this though. When he plays I am not going to abuse him (keyboard gangster, aye why no). Some have made it out like i am going to be against him and want him to do bad when I don't. I don't think I have ever booed a player and hate people who do. Individuals that is. Booing the team is fair game. I hope he scores goals and plays well. But his recent track record suggests he will be no improvement on, say Gordon Smith or Spence.

I think they do, footballers are vain as fook. They'll try to play it down. Let's just see how he does. If he can do it at Failkirk he can do it for us. Your opinion is valid bud. Edited by baillieinleeds

After last seasons dismal league campaign I would like to imagine Murray will work on several formations to suit different games/situations. Couple of good wingers in and we have the players at our disposal to change things up which let's face it we will have to cause, for example, playing at home v Alloa is gonna be a bit different to playing at Ibrox.

I don't think Stewart is a bad signing, he has a bit to prove but hopefully he stays fit and takes his chance with us. I would actually be disappointed too if we didn't bring another striker in. Our three at the moment have had injury/fitness problems over the last couple of years and Elliot and Nade are very similar in playing style. It's going to be a long, tough season, even with four senior strikers I'm sure they would all get plenty game time...

Not Mark Stewart. However if (and he won't be) he is the very best available for our budget I probably would have tried harder to keep Spence.

So who is this "Not Mark Stewart" you would have signed then? You're slating the boy before he's even kicked a ball. The amount of negativity surrounding this signing is unbelievable. At least give him a chance to play a game or 2 before you bemoan his arrival.

If we can supply decent balls into the forwards then maybe we'll get 15+ goals from them. If they get the service they will bag goals. As we saw in the 2nd half of the season the forwards were getting into the positions but the service was poor. Having someone up front with pace will have defences sitting that wee bit deeper and hopefully work in our favour.

If we can supply decent balls into the forwards then maybe we'll get 15+ goals from them. If they get the service they will bag goals. As we saw in the 2nd half of the season the forwards were getting into the positions but the service was poor. Having someone up front with pace will have defences sitting that wee bit deeper and hopefully work in our favour.

spot on

So who is this "Not Mark Stewart" you would have signed then? You're slating the boy before he's even kicked a ball. The amount of negativity surrounding this signing is unbelievable. At least give him a chance to play a game or 2 before you bemoan his arrival.

Nice to see you ignore most of my other posts on the matter.

I don't know the budget but given a choice between Stewart and Spence at the moment I would have rather have kept Spence. (I know he maybe didn't want to stay but we don't know the.situation properly). He had a good first season but went off the boil last year. Kind of the same as Stewart I suppose. Good a few years back and hasn't done anything of note for a while.

I am in no way saying I wanted Spence back because I didn't. Not as a top 2 striker anyway. However I would feel far more comfortable with him rather than Stewart at.the moment. I'll not say anymore on the matter (bout time eh) because I am just going round in circles when there is never going to be a winner or a loser till Next May. Sorry for clogging up the thread.

Dundee fans were saying Nade was exceptionally good at dragging defenders about and making space for others. I'd say that Elliot can do the same too. I think if we can ultilise that then I think that Stewart might really benefit from playing with other players like that. As mentioned, it is his first time back at this level since playing with Falkirk, and we've seen others struggle in the top tier only to do well at our level.