The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'm guessing your not planning on getting his name on the back of your shirt or naming your son after him then?

Rory is a fucking lions name. Also, if my wife tells she's pregnant again I'll start crying and will probably be inconsolable.

Do you propose the manager signs players he's never heard of?

I get the feeling Murray thinks to himself "I remember him giving me a bit of a run around in 2011. Despite the fact he's done nothing since I'll sign him on the assumption he's just as good now. That way I can save myself the hassle of actually having to think outside the box and scout a player"

I'm sure between them Nade, Stewart and Elliot will be the 20 goal striker we need.

Mark Stewart is pish. I hope he does well but the last few years he has been terrible.

McKeown is a very decent addition though.

[/quote

And during that time you have seen him playing how many times to make that judgement? Heee Hawww I expect!

Mark Stewart is pish. I hope he does well but the last few years he has been terrible.

McKeown is a very decent addition though.

[/quote

And during that time you have seen him playing how many times to make that judgement? Heee Hawww I expect!

Actually a few. He has played in the SPL with Dundee and Killie. So sit down you tool and tell me about how good he is.

Eta - Something like 5 goals in 56 is his current goal scoring record since 2011. We are crying out for an out and out striker who will bag 15+ goals. This is a poor signing.

Edited by kev23

If he has been brought in to play up front I think it's a wasted wage. However he has played on the wing at times throughout his career so he maybe be used there. In that case I cannot really judge as I have only ever saw him play as a forward

If Stewart has loads of pace Murray might utilise him as a winger

Not a chance. Stewart has (or had) a bit of pace, but only for running in a straight line in order to get on the end of a pass. As for pace with the ball at his feet........nope. The other winger "skill" he lacks is the ability to beat a man. That's something he has never had in his locker. Can't believe your manager has brought him in to play out wide. He will definitely be looking for a big guy / wee guy combo with Nade. You are guaranteed to be long ball merchants this season with Stewart looking to feed off knock ons from Nade. It's the only way it could possibly work.

Not a chance. Stewart has (or had) a bit of pace, but only for running in a straight line in order to get on the end of a pass. As for pace with the ball at his feet........nope. The other winger "skill" he lacks is the ability to beat a man. That's something he has never had in his locker. Can't believe your manager has brought him in to play out wide. He will definitely be looking for a big guy / wee guy combo with Nade. You are guaranteed to be long ball merchants this season with Stewart looking to feed off knock ons from Nade. It's the only way it could possibly work.

never said he brought him in to play out wide, i said he might utilise him as a winger. So basically what you're saying is that any team who has a little and large combo up front are just gonna be long ball merchants. I think you've had one too many on a school night my friend.

If Stewart still has the pace ( he can't be that old ...27?) I reckon him & nade could work...I agree that he could never beat a man but his pace meant he didn't need too ...he could finish as well as long as he didn't have time to think about it