The New Raith Rovers Thread

Don't mean to wade into your argument here but could it be Murray has been unsuccessful in signing who he wanted and is now happy to go with the squad he has rather than just signing another 3/4 players just for the sake of it?

irrespective we still need the depth in the squad or we'll get a severe ass whooping in this league as soon as injuries and suspensions come into affect Edited by MICMAC

Maybe, but he made a rod for his own back,or at least the board did by communicating how our freefall through the back half of last season was due to a lack of depth in the squad - or at least was a major part of that. Now, if he is trying and failing to bring guys in, then say so. When he comes out and says he might sign one more guy, if he's the right guy when our squad is virtually the same size it was last year and is lacking in a couple of positions, and with a strike force that folk have doubts over.... it just looks like a lack of awareness.

Fair enough, I do agree with you there.

I'd rather he signed 3 or 4 mediocre players so we can field a team with competition for places than none at all. We didn't have competition for places last season and the team became stale. Yes we still can sign loanees but coming out with we will have a larger squad than last season and then signing less players than have left. We need a good squad in depth this season or our arses will get a severe whooping. Even the part time teams have a bigger squad than we do

Again, fair enough but I'm not sure signing mediocre players just to fill a gap is any better than putting your young guys there.

It so is panic. I could trawl through the thread and find similar quotes from the same stage every summer. (The first few weeks of it are largely dominated - alongside the numbers of people writing Tade off as being shite - by discussion of whether Marvin Andrews was going to sign, and whether we were missing out on signings while we were waiting. We ended up with Murray and Hill instead.)

For one thing, even if we were in any sense desparate for players there'd be little to be gained, in respect of our negotiating position, by saying so. In any case there's no point signing players for the sake of it. If the right players aren't there now and it leaves room in the kitty to add loanees or whatever once we're into the season, then fine.

It'll be rayt. You'll see.

It so is panic. I could trawl through the thread and find similar quotes from the same stage every summer. (The first few weeks of it are largely dominated - alongside the numbers of people writing Tade off as being shite - by discussion of whether Marvin Andrews was going to sign, and whether we were missing out on signings while we were waiting. We ended up with Murray and Hill instead.)

For one thing, even if we were in any sense desparate for players there'd be little to be gained, in respect of our negotiating position, by saying so. In any case there's no point signing players for the sake of it. If the right players aren't there now and it leaves room in the kitty to add loanees or whatever once we're into the season, then fine.

It'll be rayt. You'll see.

Nuh-uh.

It so is panic. I could trawl through the thread and find similar quotes from the same stage every summer.

Go find the quote from the board from previous seasons that says we're going for strength in depth. It's something they probably regret saying, given how fans have reacted.

Anyhow, here's today's readable version of the FFP.

Last season it was painfully obvious we suffered because we had no options out wide to change things. To remedy, this I see we've not signed a left winger let alone a back up winger. Nice to see lessons being learned.

So pretty much exactly what I said would happen happened when you were all wanking over the board and their statement a while back. Hilarious.

To be honest this season is going to be so cut throat that strength in depth is not going to be an optional extra.

'One of the main lessons learned was that although the quality of players on the books this season was very good, we perhaps did not have enough strength in depth to cope with injuries to key players and suspensions or to enable the management to tactically change the team around in order to counter the strengths of, and attack the weaknesses of, different opponents.'

Gid wan.

'One of the main lessons learned was that although the quality of players on the books this season was very good, we perhaps did not have enough strength in depth to cope with injuries to key players and suspensions or to enable the management to tactically change the team around in order to counter the strengths of, and attack the weaknesses of, different opponents.'

Gid wan.

At least we know we'll not finish tenth with you lot still here..

Hmm. Imagine. If you hadn't conned the ref with a couple of late dives at CP we'd have finished above you. Surprised you're so cocky now.

If we hadn't lost our keeper and one of our central defenders, we might have finished further ahead. I like this "If you/we hadn't.." game.

If we hadn't lost our keeper and one of our central defenders, we might have finished further ahead. I like this "If you/we hadn't.." game.

Seems like your squad is shaping up poorly again with a lack of depth. Good luck next season. Hope your bravado doesn't bite you in the ass.