The New Raith Rovers Thread

This is the sum that is left to pay after repayments over the years, if someone had the money he would hand over the deeds.

Not what the latest accounts state

The club have been trying to get Sim to hand over the deeds for quite sometime but to no avail.Sim said only a few years ago he had no intention of selling.

In respect of rent, this has varied and has been renegotiated.

No dispute there.Rent has varied over the years due to the club not being able to afford it ,6k,4k,nothing at all to whatever they are paying now.Resulted in the club running up thousands of a shortfall

As a side note, i'd be willing to bet that "Mij" is the same person as "rovers_lad" and Vinnie on FanTalk. Posting style is far too similar.

Due to my work location,poor internet access,connection I have little time to post under Mij never mind under any other guise but bet away

Fantalk,last time I posted on there was near 5 years ago if not longer

As you appear to be so interested in me for some unknown reason just like to make you aware that I,ll be off the radar for the next few weeks

Also got the survey today.

I must say the club have really upped their game with fan engagement, which really has to be applauded.

Weekly emails, mid week interviews and an unwavering ability to keep some sort of interaction via social media on the go even although it seems to attract the internets finest arseholes has been pretty impressive.

Given that I'm assuming this is all done by the skeleton office staff and volunteers they are all doing pretty well.

Not what the latest accounts state

The club have been trying to get Sim to hand over the deeds for quite sometime but to no avail.Sim said only a few years ago he had no intention of selling.

The accounts don't make anything very clear, I'm referring to the printed copy issued at the AGM.

The Board have renegotiated the rent and indicated at the meeting that they have a desire to pay off the mortgage, the conclusion to this would be to have possession of the deeds.

I suggested the club consider a move away from puma. So many clubs in the spfl use them and the strips look much the same. If someone like Adidas made our strips I would be a refreshing change and would encourage more people to buy. Personally I've always like Adidas strips. Think it's only aberdeen and Livi who use them in Scotland

Edited by Geordie_Munrover

Do those teams not just but the Adidas templates and alter them as necessary it's not strictly Adidas making them for the club ?

I think the puma strips are actually a decent quality

Yeah your right. Just think that we have been with puma for a long time now and it's getting a little boring. Maybe they have limited templates. If you look at ourselves, Falkirk and Dundee, in recent years the strips have been pretty similar

Edited by Geordie_Munrover

I suggested the club consider a move away from puma. So many clubs in the spfl use them and the strips look much the same. If someone like Adidas made our strips I would be a refreshing change and would encourage more people to buy. Personally I've always like Adidas strips. Think it's only aberdeen and Livi who use them in Scotland

Livingston have Joma strips this season

I still think this seasons away strip is an absolute cracker, probably one of my favorites ! Adidas do make nice strips though, Scotland's is always nice looking, Germany's is also usually always nice !

Sim said only a few years ago he had no intention of selling.

If prices are met, the indication is/was that John Sim would sell.

Regarding the strip, I'd quite like an Adidas effort as well. Really hope the club doesn't go with one of those shitey manufacturers if we are moving away from Puma.

Thing is, I don't think there is anything stopping you going for Adidas, other than the fact that they won't go near corporate sponsorship for our level of football.....it isn't worth their while.

It's the little outfits that are handing out meagre sponsorship to smaller clubs. Manufacturers scrabbling to be relevant like Joma are more or less the Scottish level these days.

Edited by Guest

Joma strips kin bolt. Apart fae the new Pars home strip, Joma tops are honking, St Johnstone tops have always been really bad with Joma. If we downgrade fae Puma I'd like to see summing like Kappa. But defo would like an Adidas kit

Kappa tops are kind of lycra style.

Can you imagine half our crowd with skin tight football tops on.

I like the Puma strips. Always seem to decent quality and have generally been decent designs. Adidas strips look nice but I'd imagine you wouldn't get anything that good. I think the necessity to have the three stripes on the arms takes something away from the strips too.

Edited by Lang Toun Lad

To be honest I couldn't care what the make of the strip is, I think the material is more or less the same quality, the most important part for me is the design. If we have a nice looking bespoke design similar to the 125 year top or the one with the blue bands, then I couldn't care less what make it is.

P.S. the logos and sponsors need to be sewn in and not an ironed on number. The sponsor on the back of the RemembeR one is already starting to crack after a few washes!

Edited by Kdawg