Who's Going To Uni?

To be fair, the subcrawl isn't so bad, do you think Exuberant went on that?

And you have to understand that mhak is a very serious poster. So if he says you're repressed, then you're obviously repressed!

I did go on the SubCrawl.

As has already been mentioned on here, people who were university hoodies to their own university are generally twats. The same goes for society hoodies - particularly if they are accompanied by some sort of "humourous" slogan.

I can just imagine the slogan on the Law Society hoodie...

"If you can read this, you're standing too close and hence violating my right to 1.5 square metres of space as defined under the Human Rights Act"

Edited by Sir Calum Melville

I can just imagine the slogan on the Law Society hoodie...

"If you can read this, you're standing too close and hence violating my right to 1.5 square metres of space as defined under the Human Rights Act"

:lol: very good.

As has already been mentioned on here, people who were university hoodies to their own university are generally twats. The same goes for society hoodies - particularly if they are accompanied by some sort of "humourous" slogan.

I bought a Glasgow Uni hoody after I left. It's rather comfortable. A fine purchase actually...

I do however agree with the general consensus that Exuberant is Glasgow Uni personified :lol:

What are you trying to imply? I've personally met Exuberant/Mr Benn (whatever you want to call him) and he's more than a little unique.

A statement like someone personifies a place with nearly 20,000 people is crazy. I've been at Glasgow Uni for three years now, and fair enough there are a fair few groups of cliquey individuals attached to the unions and sports clubs etc, but I'm fascinated by how you think Exuberant personifies Glasgow Uni.

Don't be an idiot. To say that people who wear university hoodies are 'generally twats' is ridiculous. I don't know if you go to uni or not, or have been in the past, but that's such a ridiculous statement to make.

I personally don't wander around Uni on a standard day wearing my Law Society or Ski Club hoodie, but each to their own.

Just because somewhere wears something doesn't make them a twat. I personally never wear a football top anymore, because I think they should be reserved solely for matchdays. That doesn't make anyone who does wear one a twat though.

Edited by Mitch_ECFC

He's a posh c**t.

If you're looking for one of them try Edinburgh or St Andrews. There are a few of them kicking about Glasgow, but he's definitely not one of them. Controversially opinionated maybe, but certainly not a posh c**t.

I bought a Glasgow Uni hoody after I left. It's rather comfortable. A fine purchase actually...

I wore my Far Flung (ultimate frisbee team) hoodie long after I left, until it faded beyond recognition. Very, very comfortable.

Yup. At what other University but Glasgow would a privately educated, insufferable know-it-all buy a law blazer so he can get into the Union :lol:

He didn't buy it to get into the union. He bought it because it's well designed, comfortable and actually looks quite smart.

And it's a hoodie, not a blazer.

The fact that you think the Law Society would have a blazer shows how little you know. That's the problem with this forum, and why I never write on it.

He didn't buy it to get into the union. He bought it because it's well designed, comfortable and actually looks quite smart.

And it's a hoodie, not a blazer.

The fact that you think the Law Society would have a blazer shows how little you know. That's the problem with this forum, and why I never write on it.

You're telling us you never write on this forum by, er, writing on this forum? :1eye

If it makes the law society feel any better, the ski and snowboard club also had a cheese and wine night.

Although i somehow doubt the law society went to tesco and decimated the wine section in the same way the snow sports people claim they do.

Indeed their posters go a bit like this

]

DO YOU LIKE

SNOW? FOOD?

DRINK?

GLASGOW UNI SNOW SPORTS CLUB

ANNUAL CHEESE AND WINE NIGHT

I'm in GUSSC (the ski club) and am a pretty active member going on both overseas trips last year. It's a fantastic social club, and I've met so many folk through it.

I'm also on the committee for the Law Society, so I know exactly how much money both clubs spent on their relevant events.

The Law Society one was exclusively for first years and funded by the Law School itself. I personally bought 80 bottles from the cash and carry for it. Which equated to roughly half a bottle for each person attending.

The ski club one was for all years, and was a much bigger event, with more people attending. They had 100 bottles of wine, which meant each person got less than folk did that attended the Law one.

I know cheese and wine sounds gay. But it's a traditional Glasgow Uni event and most clubs and societies have one. It's essentially just a piss up with minimal cheese kicking about.