Who's Going To Uni?

When I came to Edinburgh, I made a conscious informed decision to choose Hibernian over Heart of Midlothian :rolleyes: .

Yeah, but you're a weirdo Rain Man type.

Either way, your use of the Wheatfield to prove your point is a bit shit. My season ticket cost me about £150 or something because I'm in the main stand. As opposed to the Wheatfield, which is the most expensive stand.

Yeah, but you're a weirdo Rain Man type.

:lol: oh thanks very much!! :(

Either way, your use of the Wheatfield to prove your point is a bit shit. My season ticket cost me about £150 or something because I'm in the main stand. As opposed to the Wheatfield, which is the most expensive stand.

Well yes - but the Main Stand is considerably worse than the West Stand at Hibs. And the West Stand is the most expensive stand at Hibs. So it's reasonably fair to compare the 2 surely? Any my point was somewhat in jest :rolleyes: ...

Following on from the Glasgow Uni Union discussion.

The QMU is an awful awful place, full of people who don't really have a clue about their political 'ideals', as well as being full of your stereotypical tops-hop student types. I avoid the place at all costs, even though in first and second year i was in the Gregory building, i would still much rather walk down to the GU.

The GU on the other hand is slightly better, despite being filled with your rugby types, mainly due to the fact you can get a decent pint (Houston Texas) in the beer bar, as well as the fact it has quite possibly the two best arcade games in the form of Big Buck Hunter, and Virtual Tennis.

For food, tried to avoid the unions, as they where quite expensive for the food you where getting, instead going to Peckhams and getting on of their excellent sandwiches.

If any of you's are playing in Supras team, i'll see you's on Friday

I have a lecture at midday! damn!

We'll coordinate this for sometime next week or Friday (1pm would be my only option really)

*trying to tag along* I could probably make that, I haven't spent much time in either union since I discovered the Spar only charges 55p for an excellent baguette.

Can I get in on this? ;)

Following on from the Glasgow Uni Union discussion.

The QMU is an awful awful place, full of people who don't really have a clue about their political 'ideals', as well as being full of your stereotypical tops-hop student types. I avoid the place at all costs, even though in first and second year i was in the Gregory building, i would still much rather walk down to the GU.

The GU on the other hand is slightly better, despite being filled with your rugby types, mainly due to the fact you can get a decent pint (Houston Texas) in the beer bar, as well as the fact it has quite possibly the two best arcade games in the form of Big Buck Hunter, and Virtual Tennis.

For food, tried to avoid the unions, as they where quite expensive for the food you where getting, instead going to Peckhams and getting on of their excellent sandwiches.

If any of you's are playing in Supras team, i'll see you's on Friday

Spot on re-the Unions. Supras invited me to join you lot once I'm off the injured list.

Can I get in on this? ;)

Aye sure, we'll sort something out for next week.

The trick to Strathclyde Union is to take the drinks upstairs for a bit to chill. Later on it tries and generally fails to transform into a club.

I was in Dundee Union last night and it was good, apart from the music and lack of Jack Daniels, which were shite.

Really? I've not had a problem getting Jack Daniels in the Union.

The main thing I've learned at uni is that you can never judge a book by it's cover. A girl upstairs told us she was bringing a guy from her course on a night out with us last night, and that he was from London. When I first saw him I thought he looked like a Danny Dyer type pwopa nawty jack the lad type, which I couldn't really be arsed with tbh.

Anyway...We're all sitting around drinking and one of the burds puts on Britney Spears. Cockney guy jumps up and says "OH. MY. GOD. I just Love Britney Spears sooooo much" and then spends the next 4 minutes dancing round the room doing the full routine whilst pointing at everybody going "Womaniser, Womaniser, you're a Womaniser baby". :o

Jack the lad indeed. :lol:

I did this but wanted to tell people about it

Jags fan in the Jester top spotted leaving the Boyd Orr at about 1:57pm today. If it was someone here, own up. Wearing the Jester top in public should be punishable by death.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yep, thats me. Popped out for a quick cigarette before my tutorial at 2. Hey, today is the one day where I have all of my lectures in one solid block, plus a tutorial thrown in. And a 9AM start. Which means I have to get up at 7. And I don't finish till 4. I think I deserve the odd snout break between lectures and suchlike.

I don't mind the old strip *THAT* much, actually.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yep, thats me. Popped out for a quick cigarette before my tutorial at 2. Hey, today is the one day where I have all of my lectures in one solid block, plus a tutorial thrown in. And a 9AM start. Which means I have to get up at 7. And I don't finish till 4. I think I deserve the odd snout break between lectures and suchlike.

I don't mind the old strip *THAT* much, actually.

You looked extremely miserable. Chin up lad.

I was at the bus stop over the road. You almost certainly didn't notice me. Not that you would, because I was wearing clothes completely unrelated to Thistle.

Really? I asked for it in the bottom and top floors and had to settle for house whisky, which was shite.

Perhaps thats it. Normally by the time I go to those floors I'm quite inebriated and just wire into the poof juice.

I'm sure they have it on the other two floors.

The main thing I've learned at uni is that you can never judge a book by it's cover. A girl upstairs told us she was bringing a guy from her course on a night out with us last night, and that he was from London. When I first saw him I thought he looked like a Danny Dyer type pwopa nawty jack the lad type, which I couldn't really be arsed with tbh.

Anyway...We're all sitting around drinking and one of the burds puts on Britney Spears. Cockney guy jumps up and says "OH. MY. GOD. I just Love Britney Spears sooooo much" and then spends the next 4 minutes dancing round the room doing the full routine whilst pointing at everybody going "Womaniser, Womaniser, you're a Womaniser baby". :o

Jack the lad indeed. :lol:

im still judging everyone in my class by there cover :lol: i can say on a night out id hit alteast half of them :lol: and id even hit a couple of them if they tried to talk to me when i was sober :lol: