Who's Going To Uni?

Did anyone else go to Frankensteins yesterday for free food? B)

Are they running that in Glasgow?

Free food Tuesday at Frankenstein was a staple in Edinburgh, although queueing out the door made you feel like you were waiting for a soup kitchen.

I again, apologize for not being available at that time.

I have "Writing about music" from 2-3, no way I could get a Garscube in 0 minutes.

Meh, no problem, I've scraped together 7 people for it.

If you ever get a day off give me a text, we're always looking for new players.

Talking of Chinese people, a guy moved into our flat called Chin Chin or something. The guy can barely speak any English, and we were saying how it must be really hard for him and imagine how nervous he must be.

Anyway, not long after he's in the kitchen/living room and a female flatmate walks in wearing this nice dress, asking one of the burds what she thinks of it. The boy Chin Chin turns around and says "awww, sexy lady, you give me yo numba". :lol::lol::lol:

So much for him being nervous, without a doubt the funniest thing I've witnessed so far at uni.

I lol'd.

I would easily say that at least 70% of the Accounting and Finance students are made up of Chinese folk.

There hasn't been a single one in any of my Maths classes in three years.

Are they running that in Glasgow?

Free food Tuesday at Frankenstein was a staple in Edinburgh, although queueing out the door made you feel like you were waiting for a soup kitchen.

Indeed. The £4 card is well worth it. :lol:

Last night was fantastic, free gig and £1.50 drinks, fantastic. 2 good bands as well (The OK Social Club and The Law)

Can you still get a pint of diesel in the union? I mind drinking a shed load of that stuff one night on the shitty band night and having the most precise hangover ever the next day - seriously it was concentrated in a square inch area just above my nose :lol:

ventured off campus much yet?

Edited by renton

Can you still get a pint of diesel in the union? I mind drinking a shed load of that stuff one night on the shitty band night and having the most precise hangover ever the next day - seriously it was concentrated in a square inch area just above my nose :lol:

ventured off campus much yet?

Don't think so. I only drink alcopops anyway :lol:

Not for nights out, I'm still 17 and look younger so not even going to bother (also been told Edinburgh is strict with ID). Sure I'll do plenty exploring come February.

Don't think so. I only drink alcopops anyway :lol:

Not for nights out, I'm still 17 and look younger so not even going to bother (also been told Edinburgh is strict with ID). Sure I'll do plenty exploring come February.

Fucksakes boy! At least tell me you know what the stuff is :o

Some places are worse than others it's true. If they still run those buses on a wednesday out to Mood( :bag ) then you can usually shimmy in there.

Guessing 'the big F' still lets you in (was Jam friday when i used to go, many moons ago)

Fucksakes boy! At least tell me you know what the stuff is :o

Some places are worse than others it's true. If they still run those buses on a wednesday out to Mood( :bag ) then you can usually shimmy in there.

Guessing 'the big F' still lets you in (was Jam friday when i used to go, many moons ago)

I don't, no :lol:

Never noticed any trips like that, to be honest.

And i don't know, because I'm back in Perth over the weekends to work at the moment. I was in last night and got served, so Thursday nights at HWLive will be an important date for me til Feb :lol:

I don't, no :lol:

It's half a pint of cider, a half pint of lager and topped with blackcurrent, it's fucking lethal but it's gooooood

Never noticed any trips like that, to be honest.

And i don't know, because I'm back in Perth over the weekends to work at the moment. I was in last night and got served, so Thursday nights at HWLive will be an important date for me til Feb :lol:

Aye fair dos, get to february and your gonna turn into a drunken mess like :lol:

Oh i know :lol: I was in some state last night, and had an algebra assessment this morning.... bad move, think i got through it though.

I wouldn't worry about it first year has been pretty much eviscerated of content over a large swathe of courses at HW, it's an invitation to alcoholism.

Why are there so many Chinese people at Stirling? Is it the same for all the other universities?

Is it because they have some sort of cheap deal going on, or are there just so many Chinese folk they end up with thousands of them everywhere?

I got on a bus last week into town and I swear I was the only white person on it. The driver said to me as I was paying "by the way, this is the bus tae Stirling, no fuckin Beijing'. I had a wee chuckle.

In other news, I fucking love uni. Was 18 on Wednesday there, and was in a scandalous state on Tuesday and Wednesday nights. All the folk from my floor got me a cake and a crate of Strongbow, as well as buying me drinks all night on both occasions. Result.