Who's Going To Uni?

Trying to start my essay of 3rd year on Who has more power: the source or the journalist?

Bloody hard going. No idea where to start and it is just tedious.

Easy answer.

The meerkat.

Simples!

Thankfully most of our lecturers put the notes/slides shows on the internet. So missing them wasn't a huge deal.

When I get round to doing the teaching that's required as part of my PhD, I'm going to just make really minimalist slides.

That way, people will have to pay attention to learn anything :P

I used most of my lectures for sleeping, to be perfectly frank. I very rarely paid attention, and learnt more in tutorials, practicals, and off the lecture notes on the web. My attendance was good, my snoring was embarrassing.

<_<

Are you being serious here?

Edited to add, I've just googled Seth Rogen, and nah, that doesn't look :that: much like me. The far too enthusiastic bit bothers me though. :ph34r:

This is weird. Did you just chuck loads of people (including a good looking guy in a blue jumper) out of one of the labs in the Cottrell building because a class was about to start? :o

Hows it going so far? Want to quit yet?

Only properly started yesterday.

So far so good...although I still don't know exactly what my focus will be. Right now, it's just general background stuff to get a broad picture of the research area as a whole.

I'm also waiting on a couple of books arriving from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Information-Theory...mp;sr=8-1-fkmr1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Computational-Inte...1626&sr=1-1

Edited by Sir Calum Melville

Only properly started yesterday.

So far so good...although I still don't know exactly what my focus will be. Right now, it's just general background stuff to get a broad picture of the research area as a whole.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Information-Theory...mp;sr=8-1-fkmr1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss?url=se...amp;x=0&y=0

Expect to spend the first year and a half in this kind of unfocused purgatory.

Anyone thats going to Glasgow and interested in playing 6s football on Friday 3-4:30 should PM their name and student number.

I need two players by tommorrow to complete my team <_< .

Anyhoo, I have a question for students on here. I'm really struggling to give a f**k about going to any lectures which are early on and follows a night out, I'm just too fucking lazy to go to them as I always learn f**k all this early in the course. Are those of you in first year now going to most of your lectures or not, and how did those of you who've been through first year find missing lectures affected your results? Cheers.

lol

1st year? Just go to the lectures you can be arsed to go to. Collect all the lecture notes online and then study them a couple of weeks before the exams. That's if you feel like working just that wee bit more than you need to.

This is weird. Did you just chuck loads of people (including a good looking guy in a blue jumper) out of one of the labs in the Cottrell building because a class was about to start? :o

At 4pm, yes, yes I did. I then went into another lab at 5pm and threw some more out. :D

That was my class, erm, pleased to meet you! That brings the number of p&b'ers slung out of labs up to 2 now.

Mistake number one. You NEVER pay for books. Get them from a library or from the department. Or at the very least get reimbursed.

Expect to spend the first year and a half in this kind of unfocused purgatory.

What Renton said. I'm only just emerging from it after 2 years!

Mistake number one. You NEVER pay for books. Get them from a library or from the department. Or at the very least get reimbursed.

I don't like depending on the library for books I know I'll need for longer than 4 weeks (someone else could request then, for example).

The total was "only" £42 which is nothing, really.

At 4pm, yes, yes I did. I then went into another lab at 5pm and threw some more out. :D

That was my class, erm, pleased to meet you! That brings the number of p&b'ers slung out of labs up to 2 now.

Ha, you totally do look like a darker haired Seth Rogen. I walked past you again later on (about five, actually) on my way out of one of the downstairs labs. Next time, I'll do a comedy trip or something.

Anyone thats going to Glasgow and interested in playing 6s football on Friday 3-4:30 should PM their name and student number.

I need two players by tommorrow to complete my team <_< .

I again, apologize for not being available at that time.

I have "Writing about music" from 2-3, no way I could get a Garscube in 0 minutes.

Ha, you totally do look like a darker haired Seth Rogen. I walked past you again later on (about five, actually) on my way out of one of the downstairs labs. Next time, I'll do a comedy trip or something.

I was on my way into one of the downstairs labs, if only I'd been a couple minutes earlier, I could have chucked you out of two labs in a row. You should have said hi, I'm not a scary person!

Aw man :( mhak, you've been there about 5 minutes and you've already seen him...

I've been on the lookout for over a year!

Never mind, I'm sure I'll throw you out of a computing lab at some point!