Who's Going To Uni?

You looked extremely miserable. Chin up lad.

I was at the bus stop over the road. You almost certainly didn't notice me. Not that you would, because I was wearing clothes completely unrelated to Thistle.

Like I said, todays the day where I have absolutely every lecture plus a tutorial and an early start. Not exactly backbreaking labour, I know, but its annoying all the same.

I'll be cutting about wearing a thistle scarf (which I have done on exceptionally cold days already) more often once we start getting to properly miserable winter weather. Today was quite nice, though, I have to say.

Will be going to Uni next year. Been to the Edinburgh and Stirling open days and felt Edinburgh was far superior, I was very suprised in to how advanced the sport aspect was. Very Impressive.

From experience talking to friends who went to Stirling, it's a love-it-or-hate-it place. For various reasons: i.e. the campus-based experience; partly different format academic year and degree structure compared to the norm; the fact Stirling is essentially a big market town (OK technically it's a city, but come on - it's just a big town really...).

Obviously I'm biased, but if anyone is considering Edinburgh/Glasgow/Dundee/Aberdeen it has to be Edinburgh IMO.

On the subject of sports... Edinburgh has for a couple of years been finishing between 4th and 6th in BUCS (used to be called BUSA) which is pretty impressive when you consider those finishing above are the likes of Bath, Bristol and Loughborough who are either sports unis or invest massively in it as a strategic priority. Edinburgh is investing heavily in facilities (massive development starting soon at the already award-winning CSE at Pleasance)... and we already have state-of-the-art facilities in some areas at St Leonards; Pleasance; Peffermill; Firbush Outdoors; etc.

From experience talking to friends who went to Stirling, it's a love-it-or-hate-it place. For various reasons: i.e. the campus-based experience; partly different format academic year and degree structure compared to the norm; the fact Stirling is essentially a big market town (OK technically it's a city, but come on - it's just a big town really...).

Obviously I'm biased, but if anyone is considering Edinburgh/Glasgow/Dundee/Aberdeen it has to be Edinburgh IMO.

On the subject of sports... Edinburgh has for a couple of years been finishing between 4th and 6th in BUCS (used to be called BUSA) which is pretty impressive when you consider those finishing above are the likes of Bath, Bristol and Loughborough who are either sports unis or invest massively in it as a strategic priority. Edinburgh is investing heavily in facilities (massive development starting soon at the already award-winning CSE at Pleasance)... and we already have state-of-the-art facilities in some areas at St Leonards; Pleasance; Peffermill; Firbush Outdoors; etc.

I'd second that HJ, the facilities at Peffermill and St leonards are tremendous. My opinion is however fairly biased as ive just graduated doing PE teaching there

Following on from the Glasgow Uni Union discussion.

The QMU is an awful awful place, full of people who don't really have a clue about their political 'ideals', as well as being full of your stereotypical tops-hop student types. I avoid the place at all costs, even though in first and second year i was in the Gregory building, i would still much rather walk down to the GU.

The GU on the other hand is slightly better, despite being filled with your rugby types, mainly due to the fact you can get a decent pint (Houston Texas) in the beer bar, as well as the fact it has quite possibly the two best arcade games in the form of Big Buck Hunter, and Virtual Tennis.

For food, tried to avoid the unions, as they where quite expensive for the food you where getting, instead going to Peckhams and getting on of their excellent sandwiches.

If any of you's are playing in Supras team, i'll see you's on Friday

Hard to argue about the unions tbh, although I'm a QM member and I know my own politics B)

I couldn't join that team as I have from 2 to 3 :(

Aye sure, we'll sort something out for next week.

Just to clarify, nothings been planned for tomorrow? In the unlikely event you'll see this tonight.

Just to clarify, nothings been planned for tomorrow? In the unlikely event you'll see this tonight.

Nah. We'll sort something for next week. Incidentally better make it an open invitation to all P&Bers who are at Glasgow. See if we can get an evening sesh at the Beer Bar sorted or something :P

It depends on the course, surely? :huh:

No, the answer is ALWAYS Glasgow.

Edinburgh is for poofs and English (especially Oxbridge rejects)

St Andrews is for Oxbridge rejects

Aberdeen is for sheep

Dundee is... well... Dundee

Leaving Glasgow which is fucking excellent.

But yes, you're right.

No, the answer is ALWAYS Glasgow.

Edinburgh is for poofs and English (especially Oxbridge rejects)

St Andrews is for Oxbridge rejects

Aberdeen is for sheep

Dundee is... well... Dundee

Leaving Glasgow which is fucking excellent.

But yes, you're right.

I'd love for you to come up and experience Uni life here before making a comment like that.

Go on, name the half a dozen people, go on go on go on go on.

Personally I haven't had a problem with getting a bit cocky after going off to uni, because I was a bit of a legend before I left anyway.

Congratulations for cementing your place at the top of the list. Your parents must be so proud.