Who's Going To Uni?

Yeah, I'm looking at it more 'how poorly can I do and still pass?' I just haven't clicked with this course at all, I wouldn't even be that bothered if I got a C, I'm not doing it at honours anyway.

Only 7 people got full marks, and at least 2 of those did no reading, and didn't attend any lectures. That's the kind of fucked up course it is.

I've attended 1 lecture (the first) and took a half-hearted look at the lecture slides and recordings. The only time I've done any work is in exploratory reading for the essays and for specific information on the Kosovo conflict (my presentation).

I was slightly disappointed with my essays, but considering the first was done on the weekend of the Law Ball (horrifically drafted on an all-nighter) and got a B1 while the second was also sloppily drafted yet still got a B2. Provided I do a bit of detailed reading on a few of the past exam questions I should be comfortable.

Getting slightly worried...still no reply from Stirling - and its my first choice. :unsure:

aaaaaand they rejected me. dry.gif Gutted.

Ok so now that my other option is Glasgow Caley, anyone able to tell me what kind of accomodation is avaliable and the best halls to stay in, in terms of student life? Looking for halls shared amongst 6-10 people.

aaaaaand they rejected me. dry.gif Gutted.

Ok so now that my other option is Glasgow Caley, anyone able to tell me what kind of accomodation is avaliable and the best halls to stay in, in terms of student life? Looking for halls shared amongst 6-10 people.

That's pretty shite they rejected you after all that!

Oh well, a few of my mates went to Cally and all loved it.

That's pretty shite they rejected you after all that!

Oh well, a few of my mates went to Cally and all loved it.

Aye just a bit. Well forget that last comment because right now, I don't know what im going to do with life lol. Clearing could be my only hope.

It has now been over 4 months since I last attended Uni and SAAS are still paying me my monthly £416.

Thank you horse-shit-thick SAAS Human Resources employee and your Stevie Wonder-esque manager that hasn't noticed yet.

Yeah, I asked SAAS about whether or not they were giving me travel expenses but they said they only send emails out when they are not giving it out. A relief they didn't, uh, check any of my claims unsure.gif

Will probably check the bank next week, I hope they give me maximum.

Aye just a bit. Well forget that last comment because right now, I don't know what im going to do with life lol. Clearing could be my only hope.

Yeah, a lot of people I have spoken to give up without trying clearing. It sounds like a good enough idea to me, could you still do that and keep a place at Caley?

Got a B2 for second year business coursework, bit disappointing given how much work I put into it. Again, the theory I do better when I do not try has been given yet more credence.

Edited by Supras

• 3 weeks later...

I was supposed to get a notification yesterday about whether or not a paper I've written has been accepted for a workshop.

I'm now starting to worry because the website lists yesterday as being "Notification of acceptance". But it would be almost unheard of to only notify those who have been accepted and leave the rejected people out in the cold.

Here's hoping someone just didn't realise the 30th was a Saturday, so the right person wasn't around to click the button that sends out the reviews...

I was supposed to get a notification yesterday about whether or not a paper I've written has been accepted for a workshop.

I'm now starting to worry because the website lists yesterday as being "Notification of acceptance". But it would be almost unheard of to only notify those who have been accepted and leave the rejected people out in the cold.

Here's hoping someone just didn't realise the 30th was a Saturday, so the right person wasn't around to click the button that sends out the reviews...

It happens a lot, I usually mentally give a few days leeway for news, especially if its one of the smaller workshops. If you've been rejected, they'll tell you.

It happens a lot, I usually mentally give a few days leeway for news, especially if its one of the smaller workshops. If you've been rejected, they'll tell you.

Yea, in the grand scheme of things it's a fairly small workshop, but I'm still keen to get it accepted because it'd be my first PhD-related publication and so would let people in my specific field know exactly what I'm up to.

Plus the proceedings will be published by Springer, which is never a bad thing.

Yea, in the grand scheme of things it's a fairly small workshop, but I'm still keen to get it accepted because it'd be my first PhD-related publication and so would let people in my specific field know exactly what I'm up to.

Plus the proceedings will be published by Springer, which is never a bad thing.

Aye, I've got a few of those Springer ones, LNCS/LNAI?

I like the word "looking" tacked on the end there :lol:

But aye, I've got a couple of Springer proceedings on my desk and they are very nice. (Christ, calling a book "nice"...am I really that sad?!)

I'm a report, 2 exams, and a re-sit exam away from graduating. There's absolutely no way I'm staying on for Hons, and there's absolutely no way that I want to be an accountant every day for the rest of my life. What a complete waste of 3 years.

If I had the choice again of going to university or not, I wouldn't have to think twice. Not a chance.

I'm a report, 2 exams, and a re-sit exam away from graduating. There's absolutely no way I'm staying on for Hons, and there's absolutely no way that I want to be an accountant every day for the rest of my life. What a complete waste of 3 years.

If I had the choice again of going to university or not, I wouldn't have to think twice. Not a chance.

i'm in the same boat though as a biochemist, uni sadly hasn't turned out the way i had hoped though i'm now finished my 3rd, and now final, year.

everything was fine up until this year when i suddenly realised i'd made a huge error in what i wanted to do and i've thought about dropping out a few times although i thought i might as well finish what i've started. It's the feeling that i've wasted 3 years and the money i could have earned in this time has been lost that annoys me most