Who's Going To Uni?

Cool. What if I've got a conditional from uni and wouldn't find out until August if I'm going to uni or college? I'm pretty certain I have to apply before that?

There's a section in the application form for conditionals, you just update it when you get your results. You can put your HND course down as a back up too.

Edit - What die hard doonhamer said

Edited by Fratelli

On the SAAS website it says you can apply from April each year, is that right? Or can I apply for funding by this August now?

Pretty sure you can do it from about April/may yeah because the official deadline is always end of June (although the doesn't really mean anything)

Pretty sure you can do it from about April/may yeah because the official deadline is always end of June (although the doesn't really mean anything)

Aye the deadline doesn't really seem to mean anything. My flatmate got a phone call from his uni in late January telling him that theyd not received his saas money so he needed to pay, turned out he had not realised you had to redo it every year, but he just phoned saas and dos the application then and it got sorted no problem.

Aye the deadline doesn't really seem to mean anything. My flatmate got a phone call from his uni in late January telling him that theyd not received his saas money so he needed to pay, turned out he had not realised you had to redo it every year, but he just phoned saas and dos the application then and it got sorted no problem.

Yeah my pal never realised that either and got locked out of all the uni services in mid January last year because he hadn't done his SAAS

Got an unconditional from Stirling for history, politics and professional education, so at least I have somewhere to go next year! Had my interview for St Andrews on Monday but think it'll be a week or so until I find out. Thought it went okay, but it's always hard to tell I guess.

The earlier you get your application in the better.

You'll get to Uni and SAARS, SFE, etc will have already processed your application and you wont have any worries.

There is always a horrendous backlog at the beginning of the academic year with students applying late.

I worked in University finance offices for a couple of years and the amount of time we had to spend with students (commonly known as idiots in Uni Finance depts) who had applied late, or incorrectly completed the forms was horrendous. One guy actually turned up without applying for funding because he "thought we did that". Another, who had been fully financed by SFE, kleft after teh first term and wanted us to refund the SFE loan to him as he would be paying it back to them anyway.

After making a complete c**t of it at Edinburgh, I've got unconditionals for 2nd year chemical engineering at Strathclyde and Heriot-Watt, anyone got any tips on which to choose? I'll be based in Edinburgh and travel isn't much of an issue as I get 75% off train journeys with my job.

After making a complete c**t of it at Edinburgh, I've got unconditionals for 2nd year chemical engineering at Strathclyde and Heriot-Watt, anyone got any tips on which to choose? I'll be based in Edinburgh and travel isn't much of an issue as I get 75% off train journeys with my job.

Did you do Chem Eng at Edinburgh?

Did you do Chem Eng at Edinburgh?

Yeah I did my first year there, then got into a mess in second year because of having to work so much just to afford living there. That was two years ago. I've got a decent job now so looking to go back and complete it elsewhere.

Got a very manageable conditional from UWS for sports journalism, considering I stay 15/20 mins from it that is probably where I'll go.

I did that as a student, did what is known as "the Scottish thing" and gone to the local University. I regretted it, to be honest. Other, better unis were out there and I chose the home comforts. Probably why I went abroad for a semester in year 3 - to experience something of the student life.

I'll be recommending to my kids also that they move away, and not go to where is local.

You taking it mate? If so I'd imagine you will :)

Also the killie fan that was at your interview accepted his unconditional, so you'll see him!

Good stuff! Aye, 99% sure that I'll be accepting it, see you there in September (all being well!)