Who's Going To Uni?

Just had a look back at the tables and for graduate employment Heriot Watt is rated below all of the main Scottish universities (St Andrews, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Strathclyde) which was what I was meaning when I said I'd not have it above any of them.

Graduate employment is merely a factor, not the be all and end all.

Obviously, but it's the best indicator of how well the uni will equip you to get a job afterwards, which is all I care about.

If you're happy to be miserable while at uni and only care about the £££ then fair enough.

Got a 2:1 in Marketing Management. Definitely the easiest 4 years of my life, sad to see it end.

Well done m9, what next for you?

I just found out I've gone from pretty much failing 1st and 2nd year to being a bawhair away from a first in 3rd year. It's true that folk try harder when it counts :lol::lol::lol:

Well done m9, what next for you?

I just found out I've gone from pretty much failing 1st and 2nd year to being a bawhair away from a first in 3rd year. It's true that folk try harder when it counts :lol::lol::lol:

ThanQ m8. I have a couple of job interviews over the summer, one in Edinburgh and one Glasgow. Hoping to put this mother to good use.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone ever done the post grad teaching course know if you can apply for it through ucas for deferred entry? As in, I'd apply this year with the intention of starting the course in 2017.

I graduate next year and was hoping to take a year out before going into teaching

Anyone ever done the post grad teaching course know if you can apply for it through ucas for deferred entry? As in, I'd apply this year with the intention of starting the course in 2017.

I graduate next year and was hoping to take a year out before going into teaching

I'm pretty sure you can, but I'm wary of saying 'YEAH YOU TOTALLY CAN' then finding you hunting me down in a year's time..

Call the admissions team at your uni, they'll tell you in about 30 seconds.

Passed 1st year with merit. Guess the (relatively) hard work will start from here.

I actually found that third and fourth were easier, probably because I was focusing on my own subject rather than constantly juggling other nonsense (with various essays) for credits. That said, maybe the first two years were a nice warm up.

Got a 1:1 for 3rd year Computer Networking confirmed today , delighted. Onward to fourth year :)

I've always ignore league tables for uni and so forth, everyone I spoke to about networking told me that RGU was the place to go.

Was it an RGU networking event?

Depends what you're doing to be honest, they are plenty of good reasons for going to whichever uni you end up in, it's when people go somewhere to follow their friends / burd that it will end badly.

You thinking of doing primary or secondary?

Planning for secondary history/modern studies.

Never really considered primary teaching before but met a few recently who have tried to talk me into it. They talk a good game anyway...

Was it an RGU networking event?

Depends what you're doing to be honest, they are plenty of good reasons for going to whichever uni you end up in, it's when people go somewhere to follow their friends / burd that it will end badly.

Mostly from my lecturers , past students ( from Dundee, Abertay and RGU) and some employers that I spoke to. In all honestly I preferred the Dundee college course i did for 1st and 2nd year which was all about cisco and hands on with equipment rather than with RGU being focused on dissertations on other aspects of networking plus maths

Have to agree that anyone who tries to follow there mates/birds anywhere always tends to end terribly

Planning for secondary history/modern studies.

Never really considered primary teaching before but met a few recently who have tried to talk me into it. They talk a good game anyway...

Primary is a skive, but you'll probably end up going mental. Ignore anyone that tells you how difficult it is.