Who's Going To Uni?

Planning for secondary history/modern studies.

Never really considered primary teaching before but met a few recently who have tried to talk me into it. They talk a good game anyway...

If you need a hand with your application/presentation/interview give me a shout. I'm a Modern Studies teacher

I'm going into my 3 rd year after doing a 2 year hnd at college in engineering and have no idea what the course work will be like and how things are graded if it's all pass fail or not, what the examination process is it just what the general work load will be like. I'm not really enjoying the work I'm doing this summer so looking forward to it but got pretty miserable at college as well

It is a skive if you want it to be. If you do it properly then it's a hell of a lot of work.

Been on several placements at primary schools and any new-starts/probationers at the school (jokingly) try to talk you out of it, making out that's it's hell on earth, whereas I've never had a more 'senior' teacher say such things. I don't know if it's a professionalism thing or whatever, but I've also spoken to others on my course who have had similar experiences on their placements.

I have found that 99% of pupils do exactly as they're asked. I think some people think today's youngsters are all hoodlums but they're very compliant.

I find teaching much easier and less stressful than I did working in a call centre.

If you need a hand with your application/presentation/interview give me a shout. I'm a Modern Studies teacher

Will almost certainly take you up on that offer, thanks a lot

Seems like yesterday I wrote my personal statement for uni so a bit surreal having to go back to ucas again. I had to do it twice as well after getting knocked back first time round!

Will almost certainly take you up on that offer, thanks a lot

Seems like yesterday I wrote my personal statement for uni so a bit surreal having to go back to ucas again. I had to do it twice as well after getting knocked back first time round!

What course is it you are doing?

Interested myself in teaching, whether it's modern studies or primary school. My degree is in Social Sciences, so it is only politics and sociology that are available for me, no history. Going into my 3rd year, so quite tempted to apply for teacher for 2016/17 with the idea that if I fail at the application, I could still do my honours year.

What course is it you are doing?

Interested myself in teaching, whether it's modern studies or primary school. My degree is in Social Sciences, so it is only politics and sociology that are available for me, no history. Going into my 3rd year, so quite tempted to apply for teacher for 2016/17 with the idea that if I fail at the application, I could still do my honours year.

I'm doing history and politics at Glasgow so have done enough credits across the board to do modern studies teaching too

Whereabouts is your course? I didn't get accepted onto it but thought the social sciences course at Caledonian anyway, included history

I'm doing history and politics at Glasgow so have done enough credits across the board to do modern studies teaching too

Whereabouts is your course? I didn't get accepted onto it but thought the social sciences course at Caledonian anyway, included history

No Caley, UWS(I know). Social Science there is just Politics, Psychology and Sociology. Been offered the chance to do single hons Psychology over at the Paisley campus but don't think I'm going to take it due to my preference for teaching. Sent an email over to Glasgow and Strathclyde about whether a Politics/Psychology joint degree would meet the entry requirements for Modern Studies as I would have enough credits in my first 2 years to cover sociology but not sure. Hopefully here back from them tomorrow.

So!

Exam results to Higher students released tomorrow. I've spent the last few days accepting or rejecting people based on their grades. For those waiting on the results coming, clearing starts tomorrow at 9 am. You can check the UCAS website to find out University decisions on you from 9 am tomorrow morning. If you've been rejected, get started on clearing.

Is there a way to find out which courses at each university include a year long placement as part of the course without actually going into every single page and looking at the description?

Usually the course itself will be called something like "[insert subject name] with a year in industry"

Usually the course itself will be called something like "[insert subject name] with a year in industry"

So far there's only been one course out of about 30 that's had it in the title, everything else just has it in the description e.g. Chemistry (MChem) at Strathclyde is just "Chemistry" then it says a year placement in the description.