Who's Going To Uni?

So for the paper you were told to make 12ish pages? Sounds fucking stupid. I would explain the situation and see if they'll accept it anyway.

I'm always way over the word limit and the common criticism is that I need to explore more themes and do more analysis, without saying what I should cut out.

I don't think acceptance is going to be a problem. It just means I have about double the workload just to put all the different threads together. And after looking at the draft he still wanted me to mention another factor!

I got my first ever university essay back from my History tutor today. In the grand scheme of things, is 63% an okay mark? He didn't really say if it was or not.

Depends what you're doing, if you're doing an arts degree then it's okay, if you're doing a scientific, legal or technical subject then it's good.

It's far easier to get a good mark on something which is entirely in layman's terms (I can't really think of a good way to put it, no technical terminology or anything like that) than where you actually need to know what you are talking about.

History next Thursday

Two of the four questions look appealing - "The most important revolutionaries were those with ideas not guns. Discuss"

Or

"'Where applied by historians to varied and dissimilar events, 'Revolution' is too often a term inaccurately used." Discuss.

Not sure which to write on yet.

Politics is in two weeks today

And I have one more English essay to complete for the 6th and I'm finished till the 17th of January.

Got my Politics Essay back. B2. Okay, not brilliant. Probably submit another one to try to bump it up a bit. Apparently I didn't refer enough to the core text, and should have focused more on greater sorts of being without a polis even though after a fleeting reference Aristotle just ignores it...

Ho hum.

Two weeks from today is the third of December, the week ends on a Friday.

I never said it was 2 weeks from today, I just said 2 weeks, and the Monday 2 weeks from now is the 29th.

You get your questions beforehand?

Jings...

Yeah, how common is this actually?

I was surprised to hear that we might not have unseen exams till Third Year but I assumed that was a common thing at university, certainly across the Social Sciences.

Got a B1 for the Politics essay, reasonably pleased.

Edited by NotThePars