Who's Going To Uni?

Anyone got any suggestions for finance during Uni? I should be able to afford it with a little help from my parents, but would be good to get out as debt free as possible! I've thought about just firing letters asking for sponsorship/free cash(obviously making the free cash bit sound a bit better than it really is for the company). Any thoughts?

Anyone got any suggestions for finance during Uni? I should be able to afford it with a little help from my parents, but would be good to get out as debt free as possible! I've thought about just firing letters asking for sponsorship/free cash(obviously making the free cash bit sound a bit better than it really is for the company). Any thoughts?

Try the SAAS website. Even if you're not eligible for SAAS funding, I found something on there about enterprise companies and grants that you can claim for. The link I got from there had a list of questions and you just ticked the bits that applied to you. It generated a list of companies that you could apply to for additional help and details of how to contact them.

sadly not, it's martin mitchell we're on about. james mitchell is something of a cult hero though. what you should do is pick up from where i left off and start a polity counter, every time he says 'polity' put down a tally mark. you'll be amazed.

After one lecture of using this counter, we are already on 10.

Gah, I'm going to have to work from half 1 til 10 tomorrow, and then drive straight to Uni and do this fucking essay through the night. I really wish I could manage my time properly and do stuff in advance, but I can't seem to do anything until the time pressure is really on.

Fucking hell.

Mine was a shambles in the end. I've fucked up a couple of the sources big time :(

Can anyone update me on Finlay's legendary attire for this term? Last term he clearly got a second-hand boiler-cover jacket for Christmas and wore it day in day out for the next five months, is it back to the patented leather/red-scarf look yet? I have a few long, lecturous presentations to do soon and I want to fully get in the Finlay vibe.

Edited by vikingTON

Deadline for optional Politics essay has been moved back by another week, meaning that not only will it now not clash with the deadline for my Tax assignment, but also it means that I will definitely get my first Politics essay back a clear week before, allowing me to decide (depending on the grade) whether to submit a second one (as the best mark of the two contributes to the final grade).

And another Law Group Assignment which, this time last week looked like being a shambles, might actually be ready for submission a clear day early of the deadline. Happy days.

Can anyone update me on Finlay's legendary attire for this term? Last term he clearly got a second-hand boiler-cover jacket for Christmas and wore it day in day out for the next five months, is it back to the patented leather/red-scarf look yet? I have a few long, lecturous presentations to do soon and I want to fully get in the Finlay vibe.

Well last Friday he was in what appears to be typical Finlay wear (it turned out we didn't have him on the Monday, instead some useless bitch who read of a sheet turned up), the leather jacket, the jeans, the white shirt, and a blue Ralph Lauren v-neck jumper. I can't remember what shoes he had on. No scarf yet, but as soon as I see it I'm going to find one and buy it, no matter what the cost.

I will try and give regular Finlay-wear updates.

Ah the classic look, I got my Finlay scarf for 5 Euros at a market stall. Everyone has the Finlay red scarf over here.

Finlay could walk into the lecture hall dressed like an 18th century French aristocrat and he'd still manage to look the part.

Well last Friday he was in what appears to be typical Finlay wear (it turned out we didn't have him on the Monday, instead some useless bitch who read of a sheet turned up), the leather jacket, the jeans, the white shirt, and a blue Ralph Lauren v-neck jumper. I can't remember what shoes he had on. No scarf yet, but as soon as I see it I'm going to find one and buy it, no matter what the cost.

I will try and give regular Finlay-wear updates.

Good job I didn't make the journey through. IIRC he also used to wear a checked shirt over a t-shirt on occasion, maybe if he had been snaking one of his female students and hadn't made it home to change from the night before.