Who's Going To Uni?

The great war 1914-1928? huh.gif

tongue.gif

Firstly, the sections address issues such as the Red Clydesiders and impacts of the war. The Great War is 1914 and the impact is assessed until 1928, that is, before the Depression.

Secondly, Finlay doesn't do organisation, he turns up, delivers pearls of wisdom and then sweeps off for a fag and repeats. Sometimes I think he takes the class by sheer accident as he wanders though the Royal College Building. He's probably teaching an engineering class Jacobitism at this very moment.

Edited by vikingTON

Firstly, the sections address issues such as the Red Clydesiders and impacts of the war. The Great War is 1914 and the impact is assessed until 1928, that is, before the Depression.

Secondly, Finlay doesn't do organisation, he turns up, delivers pearls of wisdom and then sweeps off for a fag and repeats. Sometimes I think he takes the class by sheer accident as he wanders though the Royal College Building. He's probably teaching an engineering class Jacobitism at this very moment.

I doubt he takes the class by accident tbh.

So you like him because he is unorganised, knows his subject quite well (should be expected of a lecturer) and smokes. Right.

I've got about 600-700 more words of an essay left to write which is due in at 3pm tomorrow. I am feeling pretty tired so I am unsure on whether to persevere with it just now or hit the hay and do it in the morning. What would PnB suggest?

Bed

Its not as if its to be in at the crack of dawn. You could write that amount in a couple of hours easy if you were fresh.

I've got about 600-700 more words of an essay left to write which is due in at 3pm tomorrow. I am feeling pretty tired so I am unsure on whether to persevere with it just now or hit the hay and do it in the morning. What would PnB suggest?

same. definitely bed. although i'll have to navigate the dreaded library printer system for the first time tomorrow.

My exam timetable is frankly dreadful, there are few positives to take from it.

An afternoon exam on the Monday followed by a 9 o'clock morning start on the Tuesday then 5 days off till my final exam - a 1 hour long piss take on a first year course that only counts for 20% of the overall grade.

This means no focused studying on my two most difficult subjects and then no time to celebrate as my final exam is on the last day.

Disgrace, and to add to this my politics essay returned a grade of C2 - the most underwhelming grade ever. I need a C3 average for honours (which I really don't want to do for politics, but it would be nice to have the option) so the grade neither really helps me nor encourages me to try harder. And I've been told the second voluntary essay will be marked more 'leniently' which is the Politics Departments lame attempt at being Machiavellian.

I barely remember my lecturers names, I don't understand the hero worship some attach to them.

Edited by Supras

We don't know when ours are, but have two. One for Food Hygiene, the other for Environmental Engineering 2 (some shit about bore holes that no-one has a clue about given we're doing Environmental Health and have never done any engineering in our lives!)

Just about everyone I know at Uni who isn't doing the same course as me has had at least a week between exams every exam period since they started.

For the past six semesters I have had exams on consecutive days in five of these :(

This year I have an exam on the 11th December (2-5 on a Saturday afternoon!), an exam on the 13th December and an exam on the 16th December.

I think in my last semester (Spring 2011) I only have two modules, Applied Management Accounting and Auditing.

I am considering e-mailing the Accounting department and asking to resit the Taxation module I took in Semester 6, as due to scheduling clashes I wasn't able to attend any of the lectures and so got a poorer grade than I'd hoped for.

Anyone ever done anything like this?

My exam timetable is a bit crap but it's finished quite early giving me a longer holiday.

Law and Government Wednesday 8th afternoon

Property Law Thursday 9th morning

Politics Monday 13th afternoon

Waiting until tomorrow for my Politics Essay back. Hope it's a good grade as I don't want to have to write another one next week.

I have a 12ish page paper due for next week, and in the final class today the lecturer points out that it's double-line spacing.

Which means I probably have 24 pages worth of material for my argument, and no easy way to condense it into a smaller but still explanatory answer. Cunty-bollocks.

I have a 12ish page paper due for next week, and in the final class today the lecturer points out that it's double-line spacing.

Which means I probably have 24 pages worth of material for my argument, and no easy way to condense it into a smaller but still explanatory answer. Cunty-bollocks.

So for the paper you were told to make 12ish pages? Sounds fucking stupid. I would explain the situation and see if they'll accept it anyway.

I'm always way over the word limit and the common criticism is that I need to explore more themes and do more analysis, without saying what I should cut out.