Who's Going To Uni?

I see what you are saying but until the Richard Finlay and Nick Hewer love-child is born, it's just going to have to be two different philosophises co-existing alongside each other rather than one joint super-philosophy.

Finlay is incompatible with all other belief systems and philosophies. Rule #1.

Uni you went to/are at now:

Stirling University

Best thing about it:

K.Thacker

Stirling is a relatively decent Uni. The sporting facilities are brilliant and the new library is pretty impressive.

Having a pretty decent timetable and being able to choose decent seminar times.

Worst thing about it:

Nae enough computer labs and when you finally get settled into typing up some shiz, you end up getting flung out due to some pointless class taking place. It took me an hour to find a computer in the Cottrell building earlier on in the week. Had to take a hike down to Pathfoot. I don't even see the point in taking my laptop into Uni as it's impossible to get a quiet seat in the library after 11am.

What is life in the city like:

Stirling is a shite night out.

Rating the university alone:

6/10. Would get a much higher mark but the lack of computer labs and the Uni taking on far too many students this year has made this year pretty shite.

:D

That includes the Northern Irish as well.

Tell me about it. It shouldn't be like that.

Bloody Irish. The Yanks are a pain as well. Always talking too loud and always have something to say.

Its awful how much i look forward to each day being over so Saturday can hurry up and arrive.

I already have a red scarf. cool.gif

I already have a leather jacket, and smoke the occasional cigarette. We're all well on the way to turning into him.

Finally got the essay done, only 2300 words including the quotes but f**k it, it'll do. I'm sure Mitchell won't mind. biggrin.gif

I already have a leather jacket, and smoke the occasional cigarette. We're all well on the way to turning into him.

Finally got the essay done, only 2300 words including the quotes but f**k it, it'll do. I'm sure Mitchell won't mind. biggrin.gif

if there's one thing mitchell loves, it's passing folk.

Uni you went to/are at now:

Stirling University

Best thing about it:

K.Thacker

Stirling is a relatively decent Uni. The sporting facilities are brilliant and the new library is pretty impressive.

Having a pretty decent timetable and being able to choose decent seminar times.

Worst thing about it:

Nae enough computer labs and when you finally get settled into typing up some shiz, you end up getting flung out due to some pointless class taking place. It took me an hour to find a computer in the Cottrell building earlier on in the week. Had to take a hike down to Pathfoot. I don't even see the point in taking my laptop into Uni as it's impossible to get a quiet seat in the library after 11am.

What is life in the city like:

Stirling is a shite night out.

Rating the university alone:

6/10. Would get a much higher mark but the lack of computer labs and the Uni taking on far too many students this year has made this year pretty shite.

laugh.gif

I would agree with most of that. Only thing is I actually quite like the pubs. More so than ones I drink in in Glasgow. If your the nightclubbing sort though yir options are very limited.

James Mitchell the Politics guy? He is another hero - although he hasn't reached the plateau of Finlay.

sadly not, it's martin mitchell we're on about. james mitchell is something of a cult hero though. what you should do is pick up from where i left off and start a polity counter, every time he says 'polity' put down a tally mark. you'll be amazed.

I can't believe I'm in Uni right now. It's a Friday night FFS.

I sailed (see: stumbled) through my first two years without doing any work at all, and now I've been reduced to this.

Damn you, third year.

That's bad, I stayed in the lab until 6.45 two Fridays ago and thought that was sad... :lol:

I can't believe I'm in Uni right now. It's a Friday night FFS.

I sailed (see: stumbled) through my first two years without doing any work at all, and now I've been reduced to this.

Damn you, third year.

How you doing with the 'Children as Consumers assignment? Almost done? I narrowed mine down to the 'Role of children & decision making in supermarkets'. I've got f**k all studies to back it up but have many on a more broader level. Just means there's plenty scope for future research!

How you doing with the 'Children as Consumers assignment? Almost done? I narrowed mine down to the 'Role of children & decision making in supermarkets'. I've got f**k all studies to back it up but have many on a more broader level. Just means there's plenty scope for future research!

I'm struggling, because I'm really not sure I'm actually meeting the criteria. At the moment I'm working around "the advertising of food to British children". I'm really not sure if that's actually "Consumer-y" enough for this module, though.

I need to get my dissertation plan done for Wednesday, with group meetings to prepare our Strategic Environmental Assessment on Motherwell, and to design a poster on Contaminated Land next week.

They joy of doing a science course ran by fucking Civil Engineers! :angry:

I'm struggling, because I'm really not sure I'm actually meeting the criteria. At the moment I'm working around "the advertising of food to British children". I'm really not sure if that's actually "Consumer-y" enough for this module, though.

That's decent, aye! I might change my title late on Sunday night but that's what I'm going with at the moment.