Who's Going To Uni?

What you unsure about?

I did most of it last week when the letter came in, but I had to pick an elective yesterday ( this was the earliest i could pick ). So I pick my elective and go to register it, but when I put in the course code it said there was no matches. Even manually searching for it yielded no results. I tried putting in different course codes from the elective courses, some worked, some didn't. I'm not even sure who I would phone. :huh:

Anyone going to glasgow having any trouble pre-registering on websurf?
I did most of it last week when the letter came in, but I had to pick an elective yesterday ( this was the earliest i could pick ). So I pick my elective and go to register it, but when I put in the course code it said there was no matches. Even manually searching for it yielded no results. I tried putting in different course codes from the elective courses, some worked, some didn't. I'm not even sure who I would phone. :huh:

Something similar happened to my friend.

I think it means that you're no longer on the course.

Something similar happened to my friend.

I think it means that you're no longer on the course.

Hmmm that would be rather rubbish.

It's letting me add other electives. Just not the one I picked (and a couple of other electives which makes me suspect it's a glitch)

It's letting me add other electives. Just not the one I picked (and a couple of other electives which makes me suspect it's a glitch)

I was joking. I have no idea what it means.

I'm sure it'll end up ok in the end.

Funny that I went to the open day and the marketing department seemed to be linked with the fashion department which I'm obviously not interested in, but the burds were fooking quality. I'm guessing one or 2 blokes over the years have taken that course for the wrong reasons.

Wouldn't have thought the age thing would be too much of an issue, is it not being able to buy bevvy you're worrying about? If so just get someone to buy it for you, do you know anyone else going to Caley and the threshers night?

Me and my mate were doing some shit PDP module, but the lectures we were meant to go to overlapped another class we had, so we had go to the one meant for all the fashion students.

Me and my mate walked in, sat at the back, in a room full of about I'd say 150-200 girls, 90% of which were fit, with this one bloke sat in the middle of them all - and it appeared he hadn't had much trouble making friends with the majority of them.

At every lecture I just looked at him and thought "you've got it made boy, well fucking done lad. Wish I'd been bright enough to have chosen fashion."

I've got an interview in 15 minutes which will go a long way to determining whether or not I return to Uni to study for a PhD (and with it, get £13k a year tax free + all the other fringe benefits of still being a student, but that's a side thought of course :whistle)

Your advisor would be the best person to email, if your having any trouble. Though try just searching the course name on websurf, it might just be a mistake with the code.

Aye, it's me! History's part of mine anyway. I'll be doing Britain from 1780-1914, or something like that anyway, I forget.

Yeah, that's the same as me. STUDY BUDDIES YAYYYYYYYYYYY

Aye, I'll be in Alexander court. What about yourself?

Me too! Flat number? :ph34r:

I've got an interview in 15 minutes which will go a long way to determining whether or not I return to Uni to study for a PhD (and with it, get £13k a year tax free + all the other fringe benefits of still being a student, but that's a side thought of course :whistle )

How does it work exactly?

How does what work? The interview?

It was just like a normal job interview, really.

No the process as a whole. How much of you think is based on interview and how much academic performance? Are there other factors?

No the process as a whole. How much of you think is based on interview and how much academic performance? Are there other factors?

I would say the interview plays an important part, otherwise what's the point? But academic performance is crucial, because most bodies won't provide funding for anyone with less than a 2:1 (or a 2:2 + a Masters, although it's difficult to get onto a Masters course with anything less than a 2:1 as well).

However, experience in the field is an obvious advantage as well.